5.0 out of 5 stars Whirlpool Duet Door Reversal Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not tell you which model its used for
Published on April 8, 2011 by Ace

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not tell you which model its used for, April 8, 2011
This review is from: Whirlpool 8579666ARP Duet Door Reversal Kit Universal (Tools & Home Improvement)
This product does not specify for which dryer it is used for. We have a WGD9150WW and the only piece of this kit I used was a sticker. A white sticker would have been more helpful. I knew when I ordered this it was a roll of the dice...guess I crapped out. If you have a dryer like ours, you don't really need the kit, just remove the hinge from the dryer with the door attached. Lay it with the inside facing up, remove the hinge screws and the screws holding the outside and inside together, and then swap everything over. Took 20 minutes. cover the old holes with stickers to match your dryer. All done. and you don't need this kit. If your dryer requires a new handle to flip the door, you will need this kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whirlpool Duet Door Reversal Kit, April 23, 2012
Received item, Whirlpool 8579666ARP Duet Door Reversal Kit, in great condition and was a breeze to open. The installation of the Door Reversal Kit requires following the instructions exactly as written. The instructions are printed where you must read the left side of the page, top to bottom, and then read the right side of the "same" page top to bottom before proceeding to the next page. In addition... the pictures and instructions are an example of moving the door hinge from the right side of the door to the left side of the door. Pay close attention to the pictures and written instructions and you will be fine. I would estimate my time to install the reversal kit, from start to finish, was about (1) one hour.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for all Whirlpool Duet Dryers, April 19, 2012
I received this kit and was very excited to install, but once I reviewed the parts I found that this kit does not work on my Whirlpool Duet Dryer. As I read now, in the reviews, I see I am not the only one who has wasted their money and since it probably cost more to return the product than the product is worth, I am stuck with it. Please view this product first: Whirlpool Duet Dryer Door Reversal Kit 8530070, it is probably what you need if you have a newer dryer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Change, September 7, 2012
Whirlpool 8579666ARP Duet Door Reversal Kit - Universal for All Colors

Product is needed for door reversal and makes your life easier when your removing clothes from washing machine and adding to your dryer. If you have been putting it off because you think it may be hard to switch the door, stop waiting and make your life easier!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but required a shim and takes a while to install., August 2, 2010
This product works well, but I'd recommend 1) taking pictures with your digital camera as you take it apart because the instruction manual does not have great graphics, and 2) have a small shim handy, such as a washer. After I installed this, the door on my dryer would not close properly, so I needed to remove the hinge and add a small shim between the hinge and the door to change the angle of the door slightly. Now it closes perfectly. Sorry, I should have taken some pictures of how I did this. This project took me about and hour, maybe an hour-and-a-half.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfect, just what I needed!, April 1, 2014
I ordered this item after ordering the wrong one & having to send it back. My own fault for not making sure I was ordering the right thing. I suggest taking your door apart first, checking the plastic parts that would need to be changed first before ordering.

This kit is exactly the right part for my Duet dryer. The model # of my dryer is WED9200SQ0.

It took me about 20 minutes to follow the directions and have everything back in working order.

The only reason I'm giving this item a 4 star review & not 5 is because I had an issue with the kit I received. The only issue I had was that the kit I received didn't have the black rubber handle grab piece. Not a really big issue & Amazon took care of that for me.

The wife has been asking me to do this for such a long time, now I feel like a goof for not getting it done sooner. 2 days of waiting for it in the mail, 20 minutes to install, I wish I had done this a long time ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the correct part, March 3, 2014
I ordered a door reversal kit for my Whirlpool Duet using its model code, but the kit that was sent was for the new dryer and not the older model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Maytag Performance 4000 series dryer, February 20, 2014
I'm not sure I understand the negative reviews about this product. It is exactly what you need if you are wanting to reverse the door on the specific dryers this product is made for. All you need to do is research the model dryer you have, find the owners manual and it should tell you the part you need. This is what my Maytag manual said I needed and it's perfect. It is involved to switch it around but if you can follow step by step directions, there shouldn't be any problems. I scored a ton of bonus points with my wifey on this! If you have a Maytag Performance 4000 series dryer, don't hesitate to grab this. Also, I read one review that said this part wasn't necessary if you wanted to reverse the door. This information is NOT correct. You have to have this piece. It is a mirrored image of the part you reverse.

1.0 out of 5 stars MISSING THE RUBBER PIECE, December 26, 2013
Jewels "Jewels" (MPLS, Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered expecting the Rubber piece included and it was not part of the kit. keeping because the other parts will work

1.0 out of 5 stars completely useless, June 3, 2013
This is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on amazon. Not one useful piece in the entire kit. Does not include alternate hinge cover or door handle. Do not buy this kit! WARNING DO NOT BUY!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›