Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on February 20, 2010
First and foremost, this does a very good job washing dishes. It is pleasantly quiet and has features that are useful, and then some.

It is a good value for money as a mid level appliance, which if you are careful, you can currently get in the $450-$500 price range (out-the-door price, but not including installation).

A few features that are very useful:

The Powerscour option, allows one to fold down one row of rack tines and conveniently face casserole dishes and baking pans directly into the flow of several water jets. It may not clean 100% of a heavily enameled food on a baking dish but it will soften even the toughest job to an easy wipe off removal. This is very convenient.

While I've not thought about noise from a dishwasher as a feature before, this machine has a soft kind of processing noise that is more reassuring than distracting.

The utensil rack fits neatly in the door. It is also flexibly designed so it can be moved to the bottom rack. This is an efficiency gain on other models because it leaves more space to do other dishes on the bottom rack.

The rinse aid is used very efficiently. It seems that 1/4 cup of rinse aid will last for about 4 dishwasher loads, and you do not need to refill in between.

A few improvements would move this from "very good" to "excellent":

The tine rows on the bottom rack are either not spaced wide enough or not constructed in such a way as to properly secure plates. They will roll and even crash into other dishes with even slight movement of the bottom rack. Anytime one pulls out the rack or tips it with the door, the plates will shift and often roll and clang into other dishes.

The silverware slots in the door utensil holder are too small and spaced too tightly. One can get scratched too easily trying to maneuver too many utensils into the too tightly spaced slots. Rather than cramming 11 utensils into one tiny compartment, maybe 9 with slightly larger slots. With two open compartments, there would still be enough room to accommodate 14 place settings total (42+ utensils).

Even with a rinse aid, the dishwasher does not quite get the dishes dry, even if they sit another hour after the heated dry cycle has completed. This is not a big deal to me, having small residues of water remaining, but would move this from very good to excellent.

A few minor improvements also,

Simplicity makes things better. There are a bit too many buttons on the console, crammed together. Eliminating say a button for one cycle and one option and one delay start option would help a lot. (My suggestions would be combine "china" and "express wash", combine "high temperature wash" and "sani-rinse" option, and eliminate the 4 hour delay start (leaving 2 and 6 hours).

The adaptive wash cycle could be made much more flexible to accommodate the size of a load and its dirtiness, it doesn't seems to vary much in time of wash cycle but could be very useful if it greatly customized the wash cycle to the particular load.

In the end, the quality of workmanship will prove itself out. My expectation is 10 years with no repairs, we'll see. I will be delighted to get 14 years plus.

Overall, this is a good value and does its main purpose of washing well, drying not so well.
on February 21, 2011
We purchased this dishwasher after our GE Profile bit the dust. I was in a "had to have" situation due to the fact I was hosting a dinner party in a few days. I was torn between this dishwasher and purchasing another GE Profile. Due to the reviews, I decided on the Whirlpool.

Boy... I have regretted that decision almost from the start. The dishes do not always come clean. Anything from a cup that has had tea or coffee or a dinner plate. There is usually some sort of residue or food left on the dishes. It seems that only 1 in 3 loads gets clean. I do not leave food on the dishes to dry or sit making it more of a task for them to come clean; however, I don't prewash them either. At times, the glasses actually looked cleaner before they were run thru the dishwasher.

Whirlpool does offer a 30 day guarantee... but I wasn't sure if I was loading the dishwasher correctly, the detergent I was using or what the problem was. I wished I had just threw in the towel and called them.

The Power Scour option doesn't seem to make a difference. Just uses more water.

Think twice before purchasing this unit....
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
In search of a new dishwasher I compared 5 dishwashers. Below are the results of my research (on line research, consumer reports, in store comparison).

Several comparison points that were important to me: price, how well they washed, the time it takes to wash, noise, features like adjustable shelves. Based on these categories WHIRLPOOL GOLD had the best combination of qualities.

WHIRLPOOL DU1055XTV in $400 range

WHIRLPOOL GOLD GU2300XTV --> excellent
BOSCH SHX43P1 -> excellent
GE PROFILE PDWT500R --> excellent
KENMORE PRO HE 1317 --> excellent

To make dishwashers comply with new energy regulations many of them have longer running times.

WHIRLPOOL DU1055XTV --> 2 hours 5 minutes

no stainless steel tub

fewer tightly packed flatware slots
no stainless steel tub

has adjustable racks
filter has to be cleaned manually, unpleasant task
plenty of flatware slots

lots flatware slots

fewer flatware slots

When I use the dishwasher:
1. I place large items on perimeter (sides, back) so they don't block water
2. I place all dishes facing the center (i.e. facing each other) so they are all exposed to the spray
3. None of the items touch each other
4. Forks and and spoons go handles down, knives handles up (flatware compartment on WHIRLPOOL GOLD is a bit tight)
5. I don't pre-rinse, just scrape off big chunks of leftovers
6. WHIRLPOOL GOLD allows some racks to fold down to hold a big item like a casserole

This dishwater produces good results for a reasonable price.

Ali Julia review
on December 7, 2010
Bottom-Line: Overall we (my wife and I) are very pleased with the "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III GU2300TXVQ Dishwasher."

None of us (except the uber-rich, who have enough money to ride the whole thing out) are immune to the economic downturn it seems. My wife and I had decided to put our house on the market this spring, but decided not to when the numbers just didn't add up in our favor. So we decided to do some remodeling in our small, but comfortable home instead.

In the kitchen and dining room we replaced the flooring. And we decided to replace our 10-year-old countertop microwave oven with an over-the-range convection/microwave oven that could also act as a warming oven.

Next up: the aging and increasingly less effective dishwasher. For a year now that unit has not been getting the dishes really clean, and it never did dispose of small food particles very well. So we decided to replace it with the "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Dishwasher," which we purchased for ($449.00) at our local Lowes Home Improvement Store.

The Unit

The "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Dishwasher" built-in dishwasher is an 24" all-white, standard 2-rack design that offers the following features:

* PowerScour - Uses 36 targeted spray jets to scour away baked-on foods without soaking or scrubbing. From casserole dishes to delicate glassware, you can clean a wide variety of items simultaneously all without using an additional drop of water;

* Quite Partner III System - Whirlpool brand dishwashers offer five levels of quiet operation with this system of sound-reducing insulation;

* AnyWare Plus Silverware Basket - The basket fits in three places. Put it on the front of the rack or in the door for 100% usable rack space, or use it in the bottom rack for maximum flexibility;

* Warming oven - keeps prepared foods exceptionally warm and fresh
* Adaptive Wash Cycle - Uses dual sensors to determine the size of the load and the dirtiness of the dishes. It automatically selects the appropriate cleaning level and cycle duration to save time and excess water;

* Adjustable Upper Rack - Easily moves up or down to create more room for larger items in either rack;

* Super Capacity Tall Tub;

* 2-4-6 Hour Delay Wash;

* Heated Dry;

* Pots & Pans cycle;

* Rinse cycle only.

The unit is of course designed to fit is standard 24" built-in under-the-counter dishwasher opening and it fit into our opening rather nicely some adjustments were made. The all-white unit is attractive, and relatively easy to use and operate and the features are nice especially the PowerScour (one of the reasons we chose this unit), which is designed to get stuck and or dried food off casserole dishes; and the delayed time start (another reason we chose this unit).

The "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Dishwasher" is Energy-Star compliant.

We ran the first load of dishes through the "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Dishwasher" and I was struck by how much quieter this unit is compared to our last dishwasher. The unit has 6 cycles; I chose Normal for the first wash; it completed in about 2 hours and I noted that the wash cycle turned off and on several times during the operation.

Each control on the "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Dishwasher" has a small blue LED to denote its selection and when the dishes are washed and dried another blue LED illuminates next to a "clean" button.

The load came out clean and debris free! There was a little water left on the bottom of the coffee cups, but that is to be expected. At least the water was clean and not swimming with small food particles! Yeah! Also noteworthy: our glasses actually look clean for the first time in a long, long time!

Because the "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Dishwasher" uses less energy than the unit it replaced, it takes longer to clean depending on the cycle chosen. And Jet Dry (a bottle shipped with the unit) must be used during the rise cycle to help dry the dished more efficiently.

The "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Dishwasher" is roomier than our old unit and more flexible in that some of the rack rows are adjustable and fold completely down in order to accommodate pots, pans, and other large objects. I like that the silverware rack/holder is on the door and can accommodate large utensils with ease. No more trying to find a place for them on the upper rack! And I like that the utensil rack/holder is removable and can be placed anywhere in the lower rack; sweet flexibility.

Closing Thoughts

Overall we (my wife and I) are very pleased with the "Whirlpool Quiet Partner II GU2300TXV Dishwasher." The dishwasher does what a dishwasher is supposed to do: get my dishes clean. Another cool feature is the delayed wash timer that allows us to load the dishwasher and delay the wash until early in the morning when the electric rates are lower and we are asleep. This is something that was lacking on our old unit.

One complaint: the upper rack seems a little flimsy; when pulled out all the way it appears as though it is about to break loose. Perhaps this is due to the adjustable nature of the rack.
on September 26, 2011
The dishwasher started out quiet ... but didn't keep it's quality.

The control panel buttons quickly broke (cosmetic only, though - plastic facing broke).

The cycles got erratic, taking longer and longer to clean. Had to frequently clean little filter inside the unit ... and finally just took this out!

Then the cycles got to lasting over 4 hours for a normal cleaning cycle. Researched and found that we would need a new control board at over $100 ... and a new control panel to replace the broken one at over $100.

Then got the blinking light of death ....

unit is sitting in our garage and will soon end up in the junk pile.
on April 10, 2011
Wish the news were better, folks - but - we've struggled with our Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III for years. 3 times out of 4 the dishes are still dirty - 1 time out of 4 they're really dirty!

And then every once in a while we get a squeaky clean load. The technician at our store said we were using too much soap.

But no matter what we're getting spotty (pun intended) results. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and replace it.

I'm generally not the type of person to purchase those extended warranties when offered from the stores, but in this case I wish I would have.
on August 28, 2011
Researched before purchasing this dishwasher. It was highly rated. Oh has bells, whistles and is relatively quiet. Unfortunately, the cleaning results are "spotty" (pun intended). NEVER do ALL the dishes get clean! The glasses have grit on them always and often there are puddles in the bottoms of cups. I can live with the not so dry, but certainly NOT with the NOT SO CLEAN! It worked like a champ for about a year ...maybe two... and it's been downhill from there. I am replacing it...I've had it!
on January 19, 2014
You would think after decades of designing and building dishwashers that at least the simple things would be pretty well worked out. Not so.

Right after buying my house, I turned the 20 year old dishwasher on, empty, to run a cycle to clean it out as the house had been sitting for quite a while. When I got back from my shopping trip, the house was full of smoke. Yes, I got a box full of water to catch on fire. I'm a wizard. My guess is the prior owner (the second cheapest person on earth) never turned on the heated dry option...ever...and I hit all the buttons when I turned it on.

So the home warranty company rolls out and offers me two models. The cheapest dishwasher on earth or I could cough up an extra $150 and get this whirlpool gold model. I opted for the whirlpool and of course got denied by the local utility company for a rebate for paying extra for an energy star unit. Anyone ever get a utility rebate for anything?

This dishwasher won't clean dishes unless you rinse everything off of them first. I end up just filling the sink with water in the morning and dumping dishes into it and leaving them there all day to remove anything sticky, dried on, or the usual hard to remove stuff (mustard, chocolate, egg yolks, etc). If you put anything taller than 4" in the bottom rack in the front it'll block the detergent door from opening, the detergent will turn to a largely unused slurry, and if you're lucky you won't put half the dishes away before you realize that they aren't clean and have bits of detergent clinging to them.

Your next engineering surprise is the absolutely and completely horrid silverware holder. You can put it on the door where your silverware won't get clean, or you can try to hang it on the end of the bottom rack. Where it will take 5-6 tries to get it to drop into the slots and not just fall off. Which gives you the second special effect of popping open, dumping all the silverware into the bottom of the dishwasher. You see, it has a handy little lever that allows the rack to completely open, and it takes next to nothing to make that pop open. Really. It'll pop open while you're dropping spoons in it. I ended up having to drive a screw into it after the 300th time I took it out to put the silverware away and it popped open and dumped my sort-of clean stuff onto the kitchen floor.

I'd go on, but I think you get the idea. I've had 1970's dishwashers that cleaned better, used less energy and water because I didn't have to prewash, run loads twice when the detergent door didn't open because a spoon or a tall bowl blocked it, and I don't have to half empty it and then reload it and run it again because half the dishes have bits of food stuck to them. Run away. Don't buy this product. If you buy a house that has this dishwasher in it, surrender hope.

Its rare that I wish daily that a major appliance would explode so I could spend $500 and replace it. Sadly, I can't make this one catch on fire.
on February 20, 2012
I've had the dishwasher for well over a year, and I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with it. Some of the reviews I read basically said to find another choice, but we took a chance (mostly because it was a great price on the stainless steel finish.) At first I thought it wasn't running! I have to listen carefully to hear it at all. The only time we do hear it, is when it switches cycles to drain. I am also very pleased with how well it cleans the dishes. I usually give them a quick rinse, but then we leave them sitting for a couple of days in order to get a full load before running. Never a problem. I also like the heavy pots and pans cycle, and the fact you can raise and lower a row of separators if need be. I can't speak for how it dries, because I typically set it on the 'no heat' cycle. When I open it the next day, they are dry anyway. If I had any complaint at all, it would be about the silverware holder being on the door. Don't much care for that, but I supposed I could set it inside if it bothered me that much. Maybe we just lucked out and got a good one, but we've not had a minute's trouble with it.
on November 28, 2010
I had bought a Whirlpool Quiet Partner III Model GU2400XTPQ6. Was working well for sometime. One fine day I got the dreaded Clean Blink lights. Called technician who said its cheaper to buy a new dishwasher rather than fixing this. So dumped this one and buying a new (different brand) dishwasher. Quiet disappointed with the Whirlpool dishwasher. Anyone buying Whirpool Quiet Partner models search for "Clean Light Blinking" and you will see the number of people who had this problem.