Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Whirlpool GX2FHDXVY Gold 22.0 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 19, 2012
This refrigerator is very quiet and very energy efficient. The stainless steel front looks very modern and elegant with simple handles. We previously had a Electrolux refrigerator that was twice as loud as this one...granted it was also almost 10 years old. The Whirlpool barely makes a whisper, even when the motor kicks on (which is infrequent). The only drawback on this fridge is that there are a few drawers and shelves that do not provide the best access or storage capacity. It is more of a minor inconvenience, and I think most fridges have this to some extent somewhere. I just think this fridge has the issue in a few more places than most, so I have to take away a star. Thankfully, there is a lot of storage space so you can usually get by if you carefully manage where you put stuff...but I'd rather not have to do that. Not a dealbreaker though...the lack of noise and efficiency more than make up for it with me.
on April 27, 2013
This refrigerator is awful. I bought mine less than two years ago. After about a year, we noticed that it was leaking water from the bottom of the freezer out onto our new wood floors. Basically, had to remove ice from the pan inside the bottom of the freezer once every 3-4 days, otherwise water was all over our floors. I don't know it was the defrost water or icemaker. In any case, decided to live with it instead of calling whlpool (past warranty by a few weeks) or a repairman. Bad decision, a few days ago the water had backed in the freezer and the refrig was not cooling. ohhh, also the freezer light switch or bulb broke after a year. I've seen other reviews that say the same thing about similar style whirpool refrigerators.

Please, please for all that is good and right in this country....do not buy this product. Vote your dollars to another brand or product. Whirlpool must mnot be allowed to make a profit on this piece of s-h-i.... Thank you, good night!
on January 12, 2014
I purchased this frig 10/29/13 had the panel replaced on 12/4/13 because the panel froze and had to be replaced.Today I have the same problem, because it is on sunday there is no one I can call. I have already replaced food that went bad, and now I will have to do it again. All in less than 3 months
on May 13, 2013
After only 2 1/2 years of use, the control panel died and had to be replaced, at a cost of $375 (including time and labor). The effect was that the condensor never shut off, the freezer iced up and blocked the flow of cold air to the refrigerator. The vegetable and fruit draws can only be pulled a few inches open before they fall out. There is a large, completely empty space in the left-hand draw that could have been put to better use. See the many negative reviews for the similar GX5SHDXV model.
on July 22, 2014
The defrost system in the GX2FHD is defective. After 16 months we started seeing water collect on our kitchen floor. Because we thought we were not closing the freezer door properly, we assumed it was user error causing this. Finally, we asked an online tech for advice. We found out the manufacturer is AWARE of the defective defrost drain pipe and has redesigned the pipe; however, the manufacturer has not told their consumers about this fact. At the top of the pipe is a small rubber piece that opens and closes, allowing water to flow through the pipe. It becomes sticky and will not open. I do not understand the full ramifications of the problem, but do understand the mess it causes. We bought the replacement pipe that is designed like a p-trap pipe. We replaced it ourselves and so far it seems to be working okay. I will say that the freezer door not shutting is a big problem, though. We have ice crystals forming on everything in the freezer because of the warm air that is getting in. It needs to be redesigned so that if a person does not put a lot of effort into shutting the door, the door will shut AND SEAL anyway. Something like a well designed drawer in your kitchen does. I would not buy this appliance again. It has been so disappointing. The space in the freezer is not adequate for even 2 people. The ice maker is NOISY. Embarrassing when you have friends over and you are having to wait to talk because the ice maker is so noisy.
on October 24, 2015
I Have never HATED a refrigerator more. Everyday I fantasize throwing this machine out. Here are the biggest complaints. Doors never close properly and I constantly find one of the doors open. The handle for the freezer constantly comes off in my hands when I try to open the freezer drawer. The outside of the supposed stainless steel is pitted with rust. We call this machine the land of lost because we are constantly losing items in the poorly designed interior. Anything left on the top shelf will have freezer burn. Shall I continue? The area that holds beer cans is ridiculous and there is no replacement for this part. The plastic for the drawers is so cheap they break as you try to remove to clean. You can't clean the bottom of the fridge inside because the pieces don't come out and you end up with little pieces of food jammed in the bottom. The front area has a stain and I cannot remove it because I am afraid if I rub too hard the plastic will disintegrate. To think I actually paid for this piece of junk. I can't wait for it to really break so that I can justify replacing it. Whirlpool should be ashamed of themselves.....