Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Whirlpool W5CE3024XB 30" Black Electric Smoothtop Cooktop
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 23, 2013
I am writing this review because i got mad reading the bad ones.I love this cooktop is like 10000000 times better on cleaning it then old style ones.I buy a bottle of cook-top cleaner ( which is under 7 bucks---yeah and u have it for months and months ) and is a dream.Is different size on all 4 just like any cooktop so heat can not be even of course .Take a while to get used to it i guess but i love it soooo much .Looks amazing.The only thing i hated about it .. was that the size was slightly larger then my old one ..and i had to cut the counter top few mm.but after all .. is still a 5 in my book and a +A on cleaning .(Wont even talk about the price:P ... i been looking and never even got close to them couse was $ 1k plus for similar ... )
on December 30, 2012
Priced out the same item at a couple of big box stores and was able to save significant $ going through Amazon. Product looks and works great. Was able to replace an old electric coil stove top with this one and the look was much improved. Very easy to install. I just had to rewire the old plug onto the cord for this stove top and everything was very simple.
review image review image
on January 3, 2012
I have this stove installed weeks ago, it might be too early to write a review about it. What I can say about it is so far so good. It's quite, easy to clean, and best of all, the price! I use this one to replace the broken Jennair which cost me over $$$$. I couldn't tell any difference between them. the only thing I want to remind you that you need find a profession for installation. even the glass top are standard size, but the size of the bottom is larger than the expensive one,we have to trim our counter little bit more to push the stove in which makes my husband upset.
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
My husband and I purchased this for my mother who is in her 60's as a Christmas gift. Was different buying an appliance on Amaxon.... but hey, it arrived at the door packaged nicely and was lightening fast!
We installed it without much fuss, had to trim the corners on the existing hole to square it up and it looked beautiful when we finished up. And it really put out the heat when we turned it on.

Mom had to adjust to using it, the heat pulses as it cook, and her pans slid around a bit. But all was still good despite the little getting used to. We also noticed it did seem to gather small scratches around the burners a bit too easily, but they provided a small bottle of cleaner that cleaned or buffed them right out.

The savings for the quality was astronomical! I would purchase this product over and over again. Our family of 5 have no complaints and all are happy with the product. If you are considering this purchase, don't hesitate, we were in the construction industry for 15 years and have purchased our fair share of appliances to rate this top properly.
on July 18, 2014
Beautiful, until you use it! I have had this cooktop for about a year and though it was gorgeous when new it has since proven to be a very poor choice. I upgraded from my 30 year old electric coil stove top which served to cook many batches of homemade jam and soups and stews, to this gorgeous black mirror finish top. While the top cooks well it is impossible to keep clean, scratches easily and is discoloring at the burners! Water, food or anything that spills over or drips on the top becomes burned on and usually requires the baking soda and vinegar treatment and often a razor blade scrapping to remove. Reading several sites about these cooktops I found warnings about spilling sugary substances on the top, but in my experience anything can become a problem. I ridded myself of my old pans, buying a rounded edge pan with smooth bottom to minimize scratching, but I seem to get a new scratch every time I use this top. Any moisture on the bottom of the pot discolors the top, if the spoon you are using drips you have a new burned substance to scrape off.
The provided plastic scrub pad is nearly useless at removing residue, the ceran cleaner doesn't actually buff the top, just cleans it a bit, and the discoloration at the burners is irreversible.
I think this cooktop has significant drawbacks and I can't wait to get rid of it. Spending 30 minutes trying to clean the top after each use is not my idea of an upgrade. My friend has a ten year old GE with their grey flecked top that is miles ahead of this top for ease of use and maintenance.
Okay, buy it if you wish, I tried to tell ya! I wish someone had told me!
66 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2016
Installing was OK.Had to rewire the plug and put an outlet on it.Before I used it I cleaned the cookie and sealed it with the whirlpool cleaning kit.I cooked several meals and it still looks like new out of the box.if something spills I wipe it while still hot. I don't know about all those reviews,people having a hard time cleaning.It looks great,it's super easy to clean and works!for all those people who don't like to clean and keep their Cooktop clean,there are plenty of restaurants out there and you don't have to worry about it!
on February 5, 2013
Clean appearance and instantaneous heat. Great attributes! I love the indicator light that reminds you that the surface is still hot.after you've turned it off.
on August 8, 2013
I received my cooktop in perfect condition....the packaging was great. It is a beautiful item, and it heats up very quickly. Very, very happy I purchased this particular cooktop!
on December 21, 2014
What I like:

1) It's easy to clean
2) The elements rapidly heat food

What I don't like:

The surface seems to scuff relatively easily and rapidly. This is not a fault of this particular model, but all glass stovetops I have used suffer from this malady to some degree. We haven't misused ours, but the scuffs are appearing.
on February 26, 2013
I'm delighted I found this unit on Amazon. It works like a charm, hasn't scratched at all and is very easy to keep perfectly clean and shiny. It's a joy to have.