5.0 out of 5 stars very nice low-end dryer option
Published 23 months ago by N. Ferguson

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, I JUST RETURNED MINE
Published 8 months ago by Jeannine Otchis

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice low-end dryer option, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Whirlpool WED4800XQ 7 Cu. Ft. White Electric Front Load Dryer (Kitchen)
This dryer works extremely efficiently, reasonably quietly, and with enough variable temperatures to safe-guard clothing and linens. The Wrinkle Guard and variable ending alarm are nice features. My favorite thing about this dryer is it's quick drying ability. I also have the sense that it's powerful air exhaust might improve safety, since it minimizes any debris/lint in the exhaust house. Sturdy lint catcher, nice capacity-- overall I am very, very happy with this purchase, which has served me as well as far more expensive options.

Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, I JUST RETURNED MINE, July 23, 2013
I did not buy this dryer on line. That said, it is the worst dryer I have ever used. I returned it today for a Samsung. It did not dry the clothes evenly. Clothes came out either too damp or too dry. Sheets balled up and anything else washed with them into one big ball of varying degrees of dampness or dryness. The hems of sheets, shorts, pants came out crinkled even if removed right away. Towels came out like loofah scrubs. Mind you, these are items that have been washed numerous times, SUCCESSFULLY. The automatic dry setting if used on medium stuck which required constant monitoring otherwise the clothes were cooked. When I shut the door the whole machine moved back unless I held the back of the dryer. I had hoped that after a few uses opening and shutting the door would not be so difficult. In my lifetime which is a few decades, this is the first appliance I have every returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, May 25, 2013
This dryer has all the cycle options I'd ever need, works quickly, and seems fairly energy efficient. I like that it senses when the clothes are dry and turns off. Everything comes out nice and fluffy. Also bought the matching Whirlpool washing machine. As tempting as all those fancy front-loaders are, I'm highly satisfied and glad we went with this basic set.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Timer stopped working, February 7, 2014
I thought whirlpool means quality, but not anymore, probably it is made in CHINA, I would NOT TRUST Whirlpool any more

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent basic gas Dryer, February 2, 2014
Purchased this dryer in May 2013 and have loved it ever since. Drys efficiently. Love the anti-wrinkle feature - tumbles clothes off and on for 20 minutes after cycle with no heat to give you time to remove items and hang them up. Quiet and simple. It does the job for which it was manufactured.

4.0 out of 5 stars it does the job, December 23, 2013
I only had 2 problems with this...it came a week and a half late and it didn't have a plug...so i actually had to buy a plug and wire it in before i could use it. Other than that, it works beautifully.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 year, No Problems, December 18, 2013
I have owned this dryer for 1 year. No problems. It dries my clothes. Looks nice. I would recommend this to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars whirpool dryer, February 8, 2013
I purchased a whirlpool dryer one and a half years ago it no longer heats up. It is not covered by warranty. It will cost hundreds to repair with no reason to expect the repair to last any longer than the new one did.
I am writing this to try and guide people away from the whirlpool brand.
In my experience this company is using credibility that it once had to sell junk to unsuspecting customers just like the American car companies did. Sad to say but you will be much better served with an imported appliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars whirl pool driver, July 19, 2012
We love our new whirlpool dryer. This product came in a well constructed box with the dryer manual intact. The only problem was the delivery date. It took what seemed like forever after it was ordered. The delivery driver was a doll
however and in no way do we hold him responsible.

I recently ordered a Hoover vacuum cleaner. It, too, is amazing but the packaging not so much!

Thank you again for providing affordable options.

Sincerely,