5.0 out of 5 stars very nice low-end dryer option
Published on May 10, 2012 by N. Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, I JUST RETURNED MINE
Published 17 months ago by Jeannine Otchis

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice low-end dryer option, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Whirlpool WED4800XQ 7 Cu. Ft. White Electric Front Load Dryer (Kitchen)
This dryer works extremely efficiently, reasonably quietly, and with enough variable temperatures to safe-guard clothing and linens. The Wrinkle Guard and variable ending alarm are nice features. My favorite thing about this dryer is it's quick drying ability. I also have the sense that it's powerful air exhaust might improve safety, since it minimizes any debris/lint in the exhaust hose. Sturdy lint catcher, nice capacity-- overall I am very, very happy with this purchase, which has served me as well as far more expensive options.

Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, I JUST RETURNED MINE, July 23, 2013
I did not buy this dryer on line. That said, it is the worst dryer I have ever used. I returned it today for a Samsung. It did not dry the clothes evenly. Clothes came out either too damp or too dry. Sheets balled up and anything else washed with them into one big ball of varying degrees of dampness or dryness. The hems of sheets, shorts, pants came out crinkled even if removed right away. Towels came out like loofah scrubs. Mind you, these are items that have been washed numerous times, SUCCESSFULLY. The automatic dry setting if used on medium stuck which required constant monitoring otherwise the clothes were cooked. When I shut the door the whole machine moved back unless I held the back of the dryer. I had hoped that after a few uses opening and shutting the door would not be so difficult. In my lifetime which is a few decades, this is the first appliance I have every returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, May 25, 2013
This dryer has all the cycle options I'd ever need, works quickly, and seems fairly energy efficient. I like that it senses when the clothes are dry and turns off. Everything comes out nice and fluffy. Also bought the matching Whirlpool washing machine. As tempting as all those fancy front-loaders are, I'm highly satisfied and glad we went with this basic set.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 year, No Problems, December 18, 2013
I have owned this dryer for 1 year. No problems. It dries my clothes. Looks nice. I would recommend this to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars POC Dryer!, July 17, 2014
worked for 5 months then began heating unevenly. You will spend a fortune in electricity.iT takes 120 minutes to dry a large loAd of towels.
Sold by Lowes who sent out a repair man 3xs and Whirlpool sent out theirs 1x but unable to fix it and they will not replace this lemon. What a huge WASTE of Money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent basic gas Dryer, February 2, 2014
Purchased this dryer in May 2013 and have loved it ever since. Drys efficiently. Love the anti-wrinkle feature - tumbles clothes off and on for 20 minutes after cycle with no heat to give you time to remove items and hang them up. Quiet and simple. It does the job for which it was manufactured.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 9, 2014
Son of Some Guy (Santa Fe, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
Great product for a great price. Plus it shipped to my house.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry I bought it!, June 3, 2014
I hate this dryer, and wish I'd spent more $$ for a better one. My complaints: The timer buzzes for **less than a second** when cycle is finished. I need to carry around a manual timer to alert me to check to see if the time is up. But even this doesn't work because when I set it for, say, 45 minutes, the dryer stops after about 30 minutes. I am never sure when the time will be up, so my clothes sit & wrinkle. Yes--I appreciate it that less energy is used for a shorter drying time, but it is very inconvenient to have to run up & down the stairs to check every 5 minutes. Also, because the door swings from the side over instead of from the top down, clothes fall to the floor when I remove them. Oh, how I wish I'd had my former dryer fixed rather than to buy new. BE AWARE--this dryer is a piece of crap.

1.0 out of 5 stars whirpool dryer, February 8, 2013
I purchased a whirlpool dryer one and a half years ago it no longer heats up. It is not covered by warranty. It will cost hundreds to repair with no reason to expect the repair to last any longer than the new one did.
I am writing this to try and guide people away from the whirlpool brand.
In my experience this company is using credibility that it once had to sell junk to unsuspecting customers just like the American car companies did. Sad to say but you will be much better served with an imported appliance.

4.0 out of 5 stars it does the job, December 23, 2013
I only had 2 problems with this...it came a week and a half late and it didn't have a plug...so i actually had to buy a plug and wire it in before i could use it. Other than that, it works beautifully.