5.0 out of 5 stars Pour me a shot, I have been converted.
I am now officially a fan of Flogging Molly. I had heard of the traditionally Irish-influenced punk rockers prior to watching the film, Whiskey on a Sunday, but had never heard their music. Now I type as fast as I can, eager to run out to the record store and grab all their records. Ordering online won't be fast enough. After that I need to check local concert listings...
Published on July 23, 2006 by Gogmagog

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it
I had looked forward to this and counted down the days to release. Much old material rehashed, inferior to the original recordings.

Has Flogging Molly peaked? I think so.
Published on August 30, 2006 by B. Reid

5.0 out of 5 stars Whiskey On A Sunday, September 27, 2008
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
Not much to say. If you wanted to know about Flogging Molly, this two disc set is a great documentary to get you started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Flogging Molly, April 23, 2008
Rhoady (San Antone, Tx USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, but even better documentary!, January 9, 2008
Wesley Delk "Kickin' It Old School!" (Jeffersonville, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
One afternoon I drifted in to my coworker's office to shoot the bull and was introduced to Flogging Molly. I was instantly hooked by the driving beats and the intricate musicality. Based upon my friend's recommendation, I picked up this and Within a Mile of Home and I have been really pleased with both.

While the live and acoustic tracks on the CD are excellent (and worth the cost of admission on their own account--I especially like the acoustic version of Tomorrow Comes a Day Too Soon), the real draw is the documentary DVD. It spends ample time introducing each member of the band and really gets down to what Flogging Molly is all about: a group of talented musicians working together making the type of music they love. No infighting, no power struggles--just great tunes!

If you are a fan of Flogging Molly, then this is an absolute must have. If you've never heard Flogging Molly, this would serve as a great introduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Addition to your CD Collection, December 27, 2007
joe-it-all (Hoschton, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
Having never seen Flogging Molly live, but already owning three studio albums, I was excited to purchse this collection. I was not disappointed! I would call this a must for any Flogging Molly fan.

The DVD documentary/tour film is great to get to know more about the band as well as see footage from concerts. My only copmplaint about the DVD is it does not seem to be enhanced for 16x9 televisions.

The CD is a mixture of new, Acoustic and "Live" tracks. The acoustic versions of familiar songs are fantastic ("Drunken Lullabies" is my favorite here) and the live tracks make it clear to me that I MUST see Flogging Molly the next time they come to town!

5.0 out of 5 stars sick, April 10, 2007
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
it is a great albumand dvd. if you are a fan you will love it. if you want to get into flogging, this is a great cd and the dvd helps invite more fans to love FM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flogging Molly is Great . Check them out., January 5, 2007
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
The music of Flogging Molly spans all age groups. They blend Irish folk into hard rock seamlessly. If you get a chance to see them in concert, GO. You will have a great time. Check out the DVD included in the "Whiskey on a Sunday" album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice supplement, April 7, 2008
E. Hall (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
If you're a Flogging Molly fan, this is a nice little supplement to your collection, but I wouldn't consider it essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whiskey on a Sunday, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
I myself ony listened to the short samples before buying as a Christmas gift for my 10 year old grandson. By the look on his face when he opened it , I'd say it was a BIG hit! His 12 year old brother has this set and he wanted it as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift of music, January 11, 2007
C. J Schulte "writer wannabe" (Springboro, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
This was a Christmas gift for my son. He says he enjoyed the music very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars question, July 25, 2006
This review is from: Whiskey on a Sunday (Audio CD)
so would anybody who is a seasoned Flogging Molly fan who also doesn't watch dvd extras recommend this cd? i thought it was going to be a new cd but it appears its just acoustic remakes and then live songs.

Whiskey On A Sunday [Explicit]