Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Whisperings - The Best of David Nevue
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

"Whisperings" is a "best of" collection of fifteen piano solos from David Nevue's first four albums (1985-2000) and two previously unreleased pieces. Nevue's playing and composing styles are pensive and deeply personal, but communicate clearly to the listener in a gentle musical language. Often thoughtful and introspective, Nevue's work tends to be positive without being sugary, and reflects the strength as well as the surrender of profound faith. Nevue occasionally polls his listeners from his website about what their favorite pieces are, and such a poll was done to help in the selection of which pieces to include in this collection (similar polls are done from time to time to help decide which pieces to release in sheet music form). The four albums that are represented are "The Tower" (1992), "While the Trees Sleep" (1995), "The Last Waking Moment" (1997), and "The Vigil" (2000). Although the pieces are not in chronological order, it is very interesting to hear how this artist has developed over the years. Most of the selections are original compositions, but a few are arrangements; those are "A Turn to Grace," which evolves into a lovely setting of "Amazing Grace," "I Wonder As I Wander" by John Jacob Niles, and the classic hymn "Be Thou My Vision." A few of my own favorites are "No More Tears," "The Vigil," "Psalm 77," "Ascending With Angels," and "The Night Season." If you are new to David Nevue's work, this is an outstanding introduction. If you have his previously released albums, this is a really nice "cream of the crop" collection.
on April 28, 2003
I ran across David Nevue by accident while surfing the net late one evening. After listening to his free mp3 downloads, I purchased all of his CD's. This particular CD is a compilation of his greatest hits. I recommend this CD for your collection. You will not be disappointed. It is outstanding! The music is excellent. David Nevue is the best kept secret in contemporary piano music today. Buy the CD and you'll see what I mean!
on February 4, 2007
I stumbled onto David Nevue's piano work while surfing the web. This CD is a compilation of (I presume) some of the best compositions from his other CDs. Whisperings is absolutely stunning and outstanding. Unlike a lot of New Age music where you hear it once and then you move on, David's original works tend to stay with you. The melodies are really quite intricate and his playing is superb. I guess the finest compliment I could offer up for this CD is that my 16 year old daughter (who can switch between rock stations on my car radio faster than a speeding bullet) mentioned to me the other day "Hey Dad, this music is really, really nice to listen to!" Enough said.
on April 25, 2003
A friend introduced me to David Nevue's albums this year. She plays his music in the early morning as she prays and has her devotional time. I have bought 2-3 of his albums as a result and give them as gifts as often as possible. Whisperings takes me to a place of reflection, peace, and joy. The music is so calming--one can sense the depth of spiritual passion in David Nevue's playing and almost feel his emotion as the music comes forth from him.
I would highly recommend "Whisperings" to anyone who loves gentle piano music. There is an ethereal quality that cannot be matched!
on April 25, 2003
If you're not sure exactly what to expect from an artist like David Nevue (or any solo pianist for that matter), this is a great place to start. Practically every song chosen for this greatest hits CD is a memorable gem and encompass all of Nevue's first 4 albums very evenly. So you'll get a little taste of everything here. If you're looking for a great instrumental artist (and a Christian one no less), look no further! Here is your answer.
on April 25, 2003
David Nevues music is my "therapy". His touch on the piano keys is truly perfection. David Nevue has a style all his own. If one could hear the sound of a feather falling... this is what David Nevues touch is like... a personal one on one with the ivorys! I can escape to far away places while listening to David Nevues music...
on January 25, 2015
I like George Winston and have most of his albums. The album has piano music much like George. Great music for dinner, reading the paper or book or playing cards to. Need to relax, this will do quite nicely. Discovered because it was on Pandora.
on October 2, 2005
I need not say anymore as the previous few reviews have done justice to it. Simply put, this is an excellent Piano player, composer. His songs are deeply touching and moving. I enjoy listening to it whenever i feel the need to relax. It is highly recommended by me.
on April 25, 2003
David's music is so beautiful. I'm a big fan. His love for music pours out through the piano keys straight into our ears.
on April 25, 2003
I have been listening to David Nevue's music for a year now. I listen to it all the time. Whisperings covers the best of his music and is a great choice for anyone who likes piano music. This CD is a must for any collection.