5.0 out of 5 stars If you travel - DON'T WAIT
Published on October 6, 2010 by Diane Lorentson

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with limitions.
This is an OK product. The range is only a few hundred yards in broken terrain, so don't expect it to save your hide blowing around corners with a cop on the other side. It picks up cell towers and some radio antennas, which keeps me alert. Its not an expensive detector, you get what you pay for and this is OK for the price.
Published on May 8, 2012 by DMc.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you travel - DON'T WAIT, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Whistler XTR-335 Real Voice-Alert Radar Detector (Electronics)
This little device has saved my rear over and over. I don't really use it in town, mostly on long trips (we travel to basketball tournaments constantly). You get a few false positives, but if you read the directions, you can quickly distinguish the difference between true and false warnings. Even bought one for a friend that got popped after we came through and were able to slow down in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price for a great radar detector!, January 16, 2011
I had a Cobra before this one and it was a piece of crap. This one that I bought off of Amazon has all 4 detect modes x k ka and laser mode and it speaks to you as well and when you get closer to a zone it beeps and the blue lights go off crazy. It's very nice and has already saved me from one speeding ticket. I recommend buying one of these for yourself and it is definitely worth the money. Here are my top reasons to buy this one

1. Detects both forward and rear radar

2. detects 4 bands x, k, ka and laser

3. voice speaking

4. blue light alert

5. great price

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good, December 7, 2010
After my second speeding ticket I decided I needed a radar/laser detector. I chose this one because it had great reviews for the price. Easy to set up. Voice alert is loud and clear even when listening to the radio at a decent volume. Lights flash brightly, shows numerical signal strength. After using it a few times going to and from work (in City mode and about a 25 minute drive) I have found 3 places that it always goes off. One being the Fire Department, a small building around the corner from my job (which I don't know why),and a large intersection with 2 gas stations and a strip mall. Other than those regular spots I have only had it go off once in the last three weeks I have been using it. It was on the highway and laser came on loud & clear. There was no police on my side but it was dark and raining so I think it was on the other side. It is a locally known speed trap area so I wasn't surprised. The suction cups hold great. It's literally been on my window for 3 weeks now and still has great hold. Hopefully this lasts me a long time. I was skeptical of the price, but it seems to do what I bought it for. Why spend hundreds for "fancy" units that do the same thing?

5.0 out of 5 stars SAVED THREE TICKETS IN ONE NIGHT ....., January 20, 2011
Well when you get this product when you open the package you have this air tube stuff for protection but when you look at the package of radar detector the finish is so nice ...... It has a little false alarms but if you know what kind of radar your state uses you will know when there is a cop.... The only little problem was the bracket a little cheap but what i think you should put it on the very bottom of your window in the center .... we wanted to try out the next day and at nigh the lights are great and in one night it saved me 3 tickets .... get good warning before you hit the cop... WOULD RECOMEND..

5.0 out of 5 stars Whistler XTR-335 Laser/Radar Dector, September 30, 2010
Simple and easy to use. Already has saved me a couple of tickets. Well worth the money. Would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and worth the money, April 7, 2011
This was a replacement for the Cobra that i purchased. I honestly love this "cheaper" radar the best. Even if i don't want the volume up on the sounds it still have two blinking blue lights that you can catch out of the corner of your eye. I had more success of finding the police before they fine me...which is always a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, February 26, 2011
usmcwife89 (United States) - See all my reviews
I love this! I was iffy at first about the price, but I'm very glad I decided to purchase this! It's already saved me a few tickets! And it's very easy to use, the pamphlet that comes with it is very user friendly as far as trouble shooting and setting it up.. very clear "voice alert" and my son loves the noises it makes :-) Definitely recommend it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, June 6, 2012
Had the radar detector for about 5 months now. Over all good detector for the price. I received the detector on time with no issues. I do like the dim feature for when I am driving at night, the heads-up display (two blue led lights on the top) is enough to get my attention without distracting me from the road. ALl-N-All I'm giving the detector a 4 of 5 because its a great little unit that can be easily moved to other vehicles however i would really like to have a true "silent" mode.

Pros:
-Plug and Play (cigarette lighter)
-blue LED heads-up warning lights

Cons:
-no silent mode (does has a quite mode which still beeps but does not state the type of radar - K/Ka etc). I wish the unit could go into complete silent mode where only the LEDs light up with no beeping, the beeping woke up my passenger last overnight roadtrip

COUPLE OF TIPS FOR BUYERS/NEW RADAR DETECTOR OWNERS-
1)The provided mounting bracket with suction cups is meant to be bent slightly to conform to your vehicles windshield. With that being said, your radar detector should be parallel to the street (not pointed up or down)
2)do not have your radar detector positioned where it is blocked by anything, (windshield wipers etc), lets face it, when you have something in the detector's way it cant preform at 100% and it may not alert you on time
3)this radar detector is NOT equipped with a laser diffuser, some high end units will block and distort laser being pointed at your vehicle however this unit is under $75 and will not protect you from laser. If you are hit with a laser gun the unit will alert you (have experienced this numerous times courtesy of the Houston Police Department) however then it is already too late

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, March 8, 2011
This product is exactly as advertised. The only problem that I struggle with (here in CA) is that every single store uses K band door openers so I get a TON of false alerts. As far as I know there are no law enforcement agencies that use K (or X) in CA so I would like the ability to disable K and only use Ka. Other than this tiny gripe I think this unit is worth every penny. When it alerts it looks like a purple disco (at night). I love it.
I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Voice-Alert Radar Detector, December 6, 2011
M. Davis (Bedford, OH USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent product. This is the 3rd unit I purchased. First, I bought one for myselft and I was so pleased that I bought one for 2 of my friends.

Whistler XTR-335 Real Voice-Alert Radar Detector