Samsung PN50B650 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV (2009 Model)
Used & New from: $543.99
White Glove Delivery? Is white glove delivery included in the price for this tv if its being fulfilled by Amazon? Does anyone know?
asked by Menace on January 20, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
vote
I have heard that this is the case...
Chief answered on January 24, 2010

A
vote
White glove delivery - or "Enhanced delivery" as Amazon calls it, is included for any TV over 40" in size.
The carrier unpacks it, brings it into the room and plugs it in to make sure it works. Further details on the "Electronics - TV & Video" Homepage of Amazon.

UPDATE - JAN 29, 10
I received my 50" Flat Panel yesterday. Delivered by Pilot. Contrary to what Amazon states in their "Enhanced Delivery", the delivery men gave me a paper to read as they unloaded the box from the truck, stating they will not: attach stand, plug in any cables, place on any furniture, etc. I'm guessing there were liability issues - and because of cold weather I had to wait a couple of hours for the TV to warm up to room temp before plugging it in.
Other than this, the whole process went smoothly and I watched my 50" Sammy last night with a grin from ear to ear - beautiful!
Hank answered on January 26, 2010

A
vote
The first couple of flat panel displays I bought I always made sure to add "White Glove Delivery", and it was always the same run-around of the Online Store promising one thing but the Shipper fulfilling the order delivering a far different experience. Don't expect any set up from a Delivery Service/Freight company. Just be thankful if they carry it in the house / apartment for you. The first plasma I bought didn't even get that far.

It's not a big deal, and I'll continue to buy TVs online because the price is superior, but I'd wish Amazon would communicate a little better with their Carrier contractors and tell them what is expected of them. Or, alternately, just stop promising what Carriers refuse to deliver.
Larry D. Madill Jr. answered on February 2, 2010

A
vote
My TV was delivered by Pilot as well-- and in what will read like the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Hank wrote above...

The Pilot delivery person offered to unpack the TV fully, place the TV on its' own stand and screw it into its' own stand, pick up the TV and place it onto the TV Cabinet (with my help), offered to connect ALL the HDMI and composite cable components and the Receiver/ Speaker Surround Sound System that I had already purchased and installed in and around the TV cabinet!

I was super polite and very friendly.

I then offered him $20 bucks to TAKE AWAY my old Panasonic TV that had an outer shell that was literally cracking under its' own weight due to the heat of continuous use for 15 years.

He left, pushing my old TV on the same dolly he brought the 50" Samsung in with.

As I am sure Hank will attest... The delivery person OBVIOUSLY makes ALL the difference in this deal.
TaiPan answered on February 15, 2010

A
votes
Thanks for the responses guys.
Menace answered on January 26, 2010

A
votes
I was looking for them to deliver inside my apartment. I'm sure I can manage with the setup. I live on the second floor and am concerned whether or not the delivery guys will bring it up to my room.
Menace answered on February 3, 2010

A
votes
i just bought this TV from Amazon a couple days ago. The guy brought it in with me , its a two person lift. I live on the first floor/ basement so we had to go down a half set of stairs. He offered to help take it out and everything but i told him not to worry, that I could do it. He had me sign a form acknowledging I was turning down White Glove Delivery and he was out the door. It was CEVA Logistics that delivered it.
C. Diederich answered on February 3, 2010

A
votes
I just received our Sammy 50" plasma today. The delivery went very well from CEVA (arriving a day ahead of the schedule with Amazon). David (the delivery person) brought the TV into the house, unpacked it, and helped my son attach it to the stand and plug it in. He made sure that we thoroughly checked it out. I purchased the TV from Amazon and it included the white glove delivery. The details of delivery are spelled out on the Amazon website under Shipping rates and policies/related topics/items requiring special handling/TVs over 40". As stated in earlier posts, the delivery person can make all the difference in the world. Wonderful!
D. Smith answered on February 23, 2010

A
votes
I thought I would offer my experience with Pilot for my 55" VIZIO. I'm not really upset just a bit disappointed it wasn't more, but I have my TV so I am happy. I had a 3 hour window...I didn't hear anything from them at all until about 30 minutes before my window was up (so no morning call). Then he arrived about 15 minutes late after the original time period was up. I was surprised it was only one person...so I had to help bring it into the house and unpack it. He absolutely refused to go upstairs (said he wasn't allowed) so we ended up unpacking it in my foyer. He originally just sort of stood there so I told him we needed to unpack it, inspect it for damage, and turn it on. He was fine with that but I was kindof surprised he didn't volunteer that info (you would think if he had done TV's before he would know the drill). He helped me unpack it and once I was satisified it was ok then I signed his paperwork. Since he didn't do much besides carry it from the truck to my door and help me get the cardboard off, I didn't bother to tip him.
Michael P. Long answered on December 1, 2010

A
votes
You absolutely did the right thing, M.P. I wouldn't bother to tip the guy either.

Tips should be based on courtesy and actual service performed-- and it seems you received little of either.
TaiPan answered on December 1, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›