Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2011
I am just less than 10 hours into the game but just want to alert potential gamers about a few stuffs.

This game is a combined version of WKC1 and WKC2. The WKC1 part in this game uses the WKC2 battle system. So don't worry if you are like me who came across many criticisms about the WKC1 battle system. For new gamer, you could choose to start the gameplay from WKC1 or WKC2 (and they assign you to lv 35). You would start the game with a new avatar. And make sure you are really satisfied with the one you created since you use your avatar in online gameplay and for collecting trophies in online quests. And if you later on want to change your avatar appearance, it costs usd 4.99 to purchase a pass on psn to do so (and usd 9.99 for a complete makeover: changing name, appearance and gender). For gamers with completed WKC1 save, the avatar and gamesave could be imported.

Buyer alert: For ppl considering buying used games, please be aware that the game comes with a one time code printed on the back cover of the user manual for accessing the online gameplay(called the Geonet). If you buy a used game, you may have to pay an extra usd 9.99 for the online pass, unless you don't give a damn about the online gameplay. But sadly many trophies can only be unlocked by completing online quests... Just make sure you do the maths before buying used ones.

For the game itself, I am still on the WKC1 part. But the gameplay (which adopts the WKC2 one) is good. Standard JRPG and MMORPG elements. Earns skill points when leveling up and assign them to learn new skills. Characters are able to wield multiple weapons so you could develop your characters freely. In the case of your avatar, you could wield all types of weapons and are provided with the basic version of each weapon to equip with in the beginning. For the first few hours of gameplay, the story and system feel similar and in a good way, having a hint of final fantasy 12 and 9 (pardon me as an ff fanboy).
on October 27, 2012
It is a great game, plus the option to continue the second part with the sets, shields, weapons that you obtain in the first game.

I think thats is a plus to this second part, it's the first game i ever play with this option.

The developers gain a 100 points with that option.
on September 3, 2012
I'm not going to write much because I hate writing anyways so I'll just get to it. I just started the game and I love it already- beautiful graphics ( close to final fantasy except the cutscenes). You create your own character who doesn't really play a part in the game but you can chose to play with anyone in the game. I like how your weapons and armor show when you equip. The maps are huge so you have to be quite patient traveling to places as well as leveling up and fighting. This purchase comes with wkc 1 as well ( made in the game) so you won't miss out on the story. The game explains very well on the tutorials. I mainly got this game for online and what I like about the features online is that you can join guilds and have your own homepage and add friends and of course questing together. However if your new to the game you won't find any rooms with newbies so if you need a noob to quest with, message me. Overall, the game is great but requires patience but look at the bright side at least you 'll have a game that lasts.
on September 11, 2012
I find most multiplayer gaming to be most times redundant and, moreso, disconcerting! Then along comes WKC2 and everything changes. I read a handful of the reviews for this game but they all seem to lack the true spirit of why many people are playing characters past Level 80 several times! Joining a guild and questing with friends has got to be the most satisfying and uplifting multiplayer development I have ever seen in any game so far.
People truly WANT to help you level up in this game because it not only benefits the guild but it also benefits the people helping you! I've never seen people get along so well in a multiplayer format before and I pray D3 Publishing doesn't change this in the third entry of this title! Your guild friends will even tell you to go back to the storyline (single player)when they think you're jeopardizing yourself and/or the guild!
This RPG has challenge in both the MP and the Solo game that includes 1000s of items, weapons, armor pieces and things to make more things, lol! Getting what you want when you want is the challenge! Your friends may be able to help tell you where THEY found things but that doesn't mean you'll absolutely get it there! The joy comes in the questing and finally discovering a hard-to-get item that'll make that weapon you want! That is pure RPG fun! What more could you ask for?
on July 29, 2013
White Knight Chronicles II is a change of pace. It really is a rpg I suggest everyone picking up. I sure have gotten my money's worth, it also included the first to the series you really can't beat that at all.
on March 16, 2013
It's got a pretty decent story line, it comes with wkc and wkc2 storylines. Not a whole lot of endgame material, but that's where the online play is. It's still very active online, which was my worry (that the community would be dead) which brings in all the endgame material.
on September 3, 2013
My biggest issue with this game is the setting. They introduce you to a few new areas, but other than that, I was literally backtracking through the same towns and cities for most of the game. I didn't care for that and as a result, I never finished the game because I was a bit irritated by that. In the end, the game was still super fun, I just couldn't deal with going through the same dungeons and cities as the first game.
on September 8, 2013
Love everything about the game, except the battle concept, as I found my 'very quiet and useless' character getting crushed along with the entire party frequently when moving to a new area, and it's not easy grinding levels. Could have been a fantastic game, but never got out of the first main area, and tried the 2nd game bonus only to have the same issue. It is good the 1st of the series is included, and looks just as good as the new game. I call this a clunker- much like "Enchanted Arms" was for the 360. Recommended for those who are bored.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2014
this game has WKC 1&2 you can start 1 and it flows seemlessly into the second which i found very cool the combat is ok and the white knight you get is cool but this game REALLY lacks substance you can control the WK like a large mech you can only get new abilities for it by using different weapons which would be cool if you found more weapons i found like 3 or 4 and being two game in one you would think it would be a long game but not its still very short i wouldnt buy it unless it was 5 bucks or less
on February 14, 2015
Although the post office lost this package for a week, once it arrived, it was nicely packaged and in perfect shape. This is a Japanese role playing adventure game. Violence but no gore. Lush backgrounds. Nice music.