Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on July 16, 2009
Unfortunately, nothing shimmers or shines about this album. Its quite soulless and boring. You'd expect Harper to create something with a really cool groove to it, but this album fall, sadly, flat. Thin vocals, crunchy guitars, less than catchy riffing, all makes for an unsatisfactory listen. I have more soul than this album . . .
on May 16, 2009
I've seen Harper play live many times - mostly in the late 90's (yes, dating myself). The depth isn't there anymore. Good songwriter, but just...blech. Fight for your mind was the best he'll ever produce, and ever since then I've prayed he'd repeat something of similar quality and I've been let down every time. The last few efforts are miserable. This one is ok, but... sigh... man, I miss my soulful messiah.