For a century and a half, since a woman in New York invented the hand-crank freezer, making ice cream has been an American family value. Mom blended the ice cream mixture; Dad filled the maker's wooden tub with ice and rock salt to achieve the below-freezing temperature needed to produce smooth confections; kids clamored to turn the crank; and everyone happily consumed big bowls of ice cream as a reward. This family-bonding activity remains as vibrant today as it was through a century-and-a-half of "progress." With various ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sherbet recipes included, this old-fashioned White Mountain ice cream maker maintains the tradition. Only the use of modern stainless steel for the freezer can and dasher distinguishes this rugged maker from the one earlier generations enjoyed. And years from now it will still be used, knitting together a family's history. --Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
| || |
Enjoy a sweet treat! Bring back memories and create new ones by cranking the old-fashioned way.
You’ll savor the flavors and the stories when you make ice cream with your family and friends. Great for parties, family get-togethers, and warm summer days, the large 6-quart hand-cranked ice cream maker is the life of any party.
At a Glance
- New England white pine bucket
- Corrosion-resistant, cast-iron, triple-action dasher
- Three-gear drive hand-cranked system
- Steel inner bucket
- Makes 6 quarts of ice cream in 30 to 45 minutes
- 5-year limited warranty
- Recipes included
- Bucket: The wood bucket is crafted of select pine from New England and bound with strong galvanized hoops and electroplated fittings to ensure lasting stability.
- Canister: The tall canister design allows the ice cream to come in close contact with the ice and rock salt making it freeze faster. Our canister is manufactured of heavy-duty stainless steel that will provide years of ice cream making service.
- Dasher: The patented dasher system is constructed of heavy-duty cast iron and is electroplated for lasting durability. It will never warp out of shape like plastic dashers are prone to do. And the beech wood blades are self-adjusting to ensure uniform scraping of the ice cream mixture on the canisters interior sidewall.
The White Mountain Experience
| || |
The White Mountain Experience started in the 1850s.
Founded in 1853, we’ve always been about making good times happen right at home with ice cream you make yourself. The experience starts with the discussion--often the kids get their pick--of what flavor ice cream your family wants to make. Vanilla with bittersweet chocolate chips or maybe peach made with orchard fresh peaches. Every delicious choice is limited only by your imagination. Just set up your White Mountain ice cream maker with ice and rock salt, and let the fun begin. Whether you’re cooling off a hot summer picnic or warming up a homebound winter weekend, the experience is one you can’t put a price on.
Our secret is the triple-motion dasher.
At the heart of the White Mountain ice cream maker is a uniquely designed, twin-blade "dasher." The outer canister turns clockwise and the blades turn both clockwise and counter clockwise. That triple-motion action continuously folds the ingredient mixture from the outer walls back onto itself creating the smoothest and creamiest down-home ice cream ever made.
"RIVAL" ICE CREAM FREEZER
Formerly known as "White Mountain Freezer"
Wood tub with maple finish
Stainless steel can