From the Back Cover
- Plan, create, and promote effective white papers
- Pick the perfect style of white paper for your next project
- Manage a white paper project with a 12-step process
Discover how to write great white papers, and use them to boost your business!
White papers are a challenging form of content marketing that takes years to master. Luckily, this hands-on, friendly guide gives you a shortcut. Whether you're a marketing manager seeking to use white papers to promote your company, or a writer looking to break into this well-paying field, White Papers For Dummies gives you practical, step-by-step advice on planning, creating, and promoting effective white papers.
- Get started find out what white papers are, who reads them, and whether your company (or client) needs one
- Plan a white paper, fast pinpoint the audience, purpose, topic, key points, and call to action for your white paper
- Master highly effective habits discover how to think like a lawyer, write like a journalist, and promote like a madman to make your white paper a hit
- Tricks of the trade avoid common pitfalls that trap beginners creating their first white papers
- Reach your target audience get a crash course on ways to promote your white paper and get it discovered, read, and shared
Open the book and find:
- Why white papers are called "the king of content"
- The huge opportunity for writers
- Outlines for the three main types of white papers
- More than 40 ways to promote a white paper
- Tips on finding powerful sources
- Ten ways to improve a white paper title
- Advice for white paper designers
- How to use white papers throughout the sales process
About the Author
Gordon Graham — also known as That White Paper Guy — is an award-winning writer who has created more than 200 B2B white papers for clients from New York to Australia. Gordon has written white papers on everything from choosing enterprise software to designing virtual worlds for kids, and for everyone from tiny start-ups to Google.