Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Emerson 1F95EZ-0671 Easy-Reader Universal 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 4, 2012
When we had a new furnace and AC system installed in our house a Honeywell programmable thermostat with digital display was installed. I hated it the first month we had it but couldn't find anything substantially better to replace it with. What I didn't like was the print on the display is way to small for me to read and that is compounded by a very low contrast screen. To do anything with the thermostat required me to put on my reading glasses and get a flashlight. How dumb is that?

This Emerson thermostat solves all those problems. Bright and high contrast display, large letters and numbers, intuitive layout. So for you baby boomers with fading eyesight, like me, this is the thermostat you have been looking for.

Took me all of 20 minutes to swap the wires from the Honeywell to the Emerson and mount it on the wall. Even the wall mounting holes matched! Easy Peasy. Works great.
on January 22, 2016
One more button and this would be a perfect thermostat. They should have a “Program” button. Factory default is “Manual” mode and this works terrific and is easy to understand. To get the thermostat into “Program” mode you have to go through the menu system and change the factory default to “Program.” Once you’ve programmed the thermostat and it’s running your program, you’re stuck in program mode unless you want to use the “Hold” feature or go back into the menu setup to change the thermostat back to manual mode. This is too confusing for my Grandfather to comprehend. If they had a “Program” button that toggles between manual mode and program mode, this would definitely be a “five-star” thermostat.
on June 11, 2015
We have been using the thermostat for a few weeks and it is performing well. It maintains the temperature nicely without swinging warm or cold. As others have noted, the clicking of the relays is on the loud side. This doesn't bother me much, but that is just a matter of prefference. One thing that really surprises me is that the display does not indicate if the heat or air conditioner is actually running. It shows the mode, but not the status as to if something is on or off. I have never seen a digital thermostat that lacks this indication. This is the main reason I took off one star. To a lesser extent, the noise as well. Overall I am happy with the unit.
on May 15, 2013
OK. My old round Honeywell Mercury thing got replaced 8 years ago by some digital thing (not this product) which was pretty much lame. It finally gave up the ghost, and I tried to find the old Honeywell thing since they last centuries and are bulletproof...could not find it in the garage; must have recycled it.

So the service tech offered us a buffet of products. We picked this one. He confirmed that it was the most popular, largely cuz of the big VISIBLE numbers. What a novel idea: 40-plus-year-olds need not get their glasses. (Not 40? Your day is coming.)

Next option: do you want programmable or non-programmable? We picked non-programmable, which is kinda like the old Honeywell round mercury thing from 50 years ago. You've got your Heat button, A/C button, OFF button, and of course the FAN (On/Auto) button for those fools who like to pump cool air up into the 150F attic while the compressor is off. Seems logical, but it isn't--why do they even allow this?? Then you have your Temp Up button, and your Temp Down button.

Here is how to program the non-programmable unit: as you leave the house, you choose OFF or a higher temperature. When you return, change it back. As victims of Communist Chinese products, there are very few choices that we have these days. One is to pick a flavor at the drive-thru-coffee, and the second is to press buttons on the thermo. Voila.

By the way, did I mention that there is a battery strength meter directly on the display? Oh joy!

Very happy so far, except for the markup of the outcall. Oh well I suppose I got full satisfaction.

Comments? Please click the button & I will try to help out.

Helpful? Ditto.
on June 4, 2014
One of these came with our new downstairs furnace 3-4 years ago, which required a thermostat that could handle a two stage fan. It was easy to program and use, and has been very reliable, so I bought a second for the upstairs furnace. Just a nice basic, but full featured thermostat.
on February 12, 2014
When our old Honeywell thermostat quit working, I looked for a replacement. At $400, just for the thermostat alone, thought this was ridiculous. Started researching the features I wanted - easy to read, back light, easy buttons to utilize thermostat functions, etc., etc.This thermostat hit them all. I have a high-efficiency 2-stage natural gas furnace and electric air conditioner and I spoke with White-Rodgers (Emerson) before purchasing to see how all the wires hooked-up and crossed-over from the Honeywell system. Their customer service was superb in telling me which wires went where and also at explaining what they all meant. (This was even before I purchased the unit.) Once I got the unit (fairly quick ship), I would say it took less than 10 minutes to hook-up. It works perfect -- even better than the old Honeywell unit I had and is truly easy to see and adjust. So happy with this one, am thinking about replacing the thermostat on a second unit that our home has. For someone who is very meticulous, I have nothing bad to say about this unit and the price offered via Amazon.
on May 21, 2015
We really like the thermostat because of it's ease of operation. I would like it even more if the display screen was white instead of blue. I am going to contact the seller to see if changing the color is an option. Shipping was excellent and the price was fair. This is our 3rd new thermostat and so far the best.
on March 31, 2015
Great for simple use. Installed this thermostat in my in-laws house. I offered to get a Nest but they didn't want programmable and don't own smartphones. This is a simple and easy to read choice. If you want a clock to be displayed, you have to turn on the programmable mode, but you don't have to use it- just turn it on.
on November 3, 2014
What a great gadget! (Esoteric number 72 on display adds to its beauty).
The screen is readable even when light if off which I appreciate. This are the reasons I replaced my previous thermostat with small fonts, "sophisticated" operation system and constantly lit green screen.
I contacted W-R technical support because I had to replace the batteries but didn't know how to remove te unit from the wall. Well, you just pull it. Oh, my...
I didn't set program as I prefer to adjust temperature manualy and control it myself, but I bet it's as easy as removing it from the wall.
on June 5, 2014
I bought this for my elderly mother. I had gotten her a nice thermostat that was more high tech, and it just wasn't a good option for her. She loves this because it is very simple, and the large screen makes it very easy for her to read. It was pretty basic to install. This is a great thermostat at a great price if you don't want anything complicated.