Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

• Customer Reviews

on February 1, 2012
Purchased this to replace a faulty controller for my Trane XE80. Install took less than 30 mins and unit was back up and running perfectly. Comes with instructions on how to wire it new or you can map from your old controller straight to this one. Also included in the package were some extensions (which I ended up needing) and a jumper to install for Trane models only. Very please with this product and glad I chose to purchase it from Amazon and install it myself. The HVAC company wanted $450 to procure and install and buying it local would have ran me $189. Purchased here for under $90 shipped.
on June 19, 2013
I recently purchased the White Rogers 50A55-843 to replace my 50A50-405. I have an American Standard 90 HVAC system that was old when I bought the house. Problem was that the fan kept running after the house reached the correct temp. The constantly running fan caused the humidity to jump in the house. At first, I had to turn off power to the furnace to get the fan to stop. After much troubleshooting, I narrowed it down to the furnace controller unit - 50A50-405. By giving it a good whack with the back of my screwdriver, the fan stopped running and everything worked fine, for a while. Problem kept repeating so I bought the new board - 50A55-843 - and the best price was here on Amazon.

From mixed reviews, I wasn't sure if this was the correct unit, but IT WAS!
I did have a couple of problems with installation - most of my own doing! First, I didn't replace until the attic was hot. Second, I didn't check available wire lengths before bolting down new unit. I had to move it so that all the wires reached (I did used the supplied jumpers for 3 of the wires). After finishing all of the connections (not very hard as the connection points all have the same names) I turned on the power and immediately got an error code on the blinking led - 5 flashes - meaning "Open Rollout switch" (per the directions) and I had to reset the flame rollout sensor switch. WHAT?!?!?

Then I went to the internet and did a search on how to reset the flame rollout sensor switch. Nice You Tube video explained that the controller sent out 24v and wanted to see 24v back to make sure this safety switch was working corectly. The directions that came with the unit showed which pins on the 12 pin connector block were used - RO1 and RO2. Back to the furnace to see if I had a loose wire or bad switch. Guess what - no wires were attached to the furnace side of this connector at RO1 and RO2 - so I would always get the error code I got. Back to the wires that came with the new controller and there was one jumper (according to the directions to be used with a Trane unit) that fit into the 12 pin connector and reached from RO1 to RO2 (they just snap into place). Turned the power back on to the furnace and everything works PERFECTLY!!!! No error codes and fan shuts off after the room hit the correct AC temp (the fan does run for 45 sec. after cooling per the directions and a factory set switch). All operations normal, wife is happy, and I saved a bundle of money - all in all, a good day!

Be sure to check wiring lengths before mounting unit and double chek furnace 12 pin connector for RO1 and RO2 and install supplied jumper if no wires present.

Hope this helps...
on February 3, 2011
This board is the universal replacement for an American Standard - Trane 80 furnace. Came with the jumper for Trane manufactured furnace applications. This universal board cost about 1/3 the price of the exact OEM unit, which is no longer manufactured.

The only complaint is that instructions could have had a bigger note for the Trane applications. It needs to have the JUMPER installed to work on a Trane unit. The unit worked perfectly after the jumper was installed.
on September 26, 2012
I am so impressed by this unit and its availability on Amazon at 1/7 the cost of the repair company that I felt it my duty to make this video. Enjoy!
on December 27, 2012
Arrived on time, very easy to install, replaced my 50A50-230 with this unit. I was able to reuse two of the existing drilled holes on my mounting plate, I just had to drill 2 more. The fan off for heat mode was preset to 180 seconds, which seemed to be too long since cooler air started blowing near the end of the 180 second cycle. I looked at the dip switch settings on my old unit, it was set to a 60 second fan off heat mode cycle. So I went ahead and set the dip switches to heat mode fan off = 60 seconds on this new unit...works great! Saved me a bundle too, the local service company quoted me $660 to replace this circuit board.
on March 16, 2014
This part was the closest match to the original part. It included extra extensions for wires that didn't reach the new connections. When I turned on the furnace, it said I had an open 'roll out' switch. There was a schematic included that showed me the problem. A pigtail was included in the package to connect RO1 to RO2. It was easy to replace the old part with this one.
on December 3, 2011
It works. Easy installation, just plug in everything exactly like the old one. Be sure and read the instructions about the included jumpers to make sure it will properly work with your unit.
on March 19, 2014
This is a drop-in replacement for a 50A50-230 White-Rogers controller. All the connections are labelled the same. No wire extention or different connectors needed for my York Diamond 80 (PICKD14N08001A). Did need to drill 2 mounting holes. The draft (or induction) motor on mine wouldn't shut off, so the furnace couldn't re-initiate the starting process. If I powered down the unit, it would re-start no problem. There was a bad relay on the controller.
on November 21, 2015
Just replaced a burnt out control board of my Trane XE-80 furnace. It took me less than 30 mins to replace, and the layout and wire mapping was exactly the same on the replacement part. I did not even need to drill new holes, was able to use the existing ones from the original. The only extra step (specific for TRANE systems) was to use an extra jumper wire to close the loop from R01 to R02 on the board to make it work. This wire was included and the installation went smoothly. HIghly recommended and will save you a lot of money.
on January 2, 2016
Wonderful company, answered my questions to make sure I ordered the right part. Plug and play item. I installed myself by unplugging one line at a time to insure proper plug in on new control panel. If your furnace fan is not working this is probably the problem. I have an Amana and this comes with proper convertion part.