5.0 out of 5 stars Costa Rica Rain
Published 18 months ago by Lcskinnyb

3.0 out of 5 stars Not breathable, horrible velcro, but it works
Published 19 months ago by I'd Rather Be Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Costa Rica Rain, May 21, 2013
I traveled to Costa Rica and purchased this jacket just before I headed out. The forecast called for rain and rain it did! This jacket was perfect because the hood was full and adjustable, the zipper rain high up the neck line, and it was easily packable (it fold up into one of its pockets). It is just an overcoat (no lining on the inside) but I wanted to throw this on just when the rain started and not where a hot jacket. The cuffs also have velcro to tighten down on your wrist or you can role the sleeves up and use the velcro to tighten behind your elbow to keep them up.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was impressed, August 16, 2013
Pretty high quality for a jacket that cost me 16 dollars. Took it to the woods and did hiking, biking, and kayaking and it didn't seem to mind. Stuffed it in may bag and didnt take up too much space either. For the price, its 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, dry, lightweight, November 4, 2013
I bought the yellow version so that it could double as both rain covering and visibility or signaling aid if needed. It's lightweight and plastic; if you're sweating then you're going to end up damp wearing it, but dryer than you would be in a downpour without it.

I took it on a hike up Estes Cone near Longs Peak in Colorado. On the way down we got hit by a thunderstorm with heavy rain and light hail. I was glad I had it, and that my generally over-prepared girlfriend had made me buy it before we went hiking.

The X-Large size matches the fit of an XL sized T-shirt. It's not one of those things you have to buy a different size than you'd normally wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, May 4, 2013
The jacket is very light and packable. I keep it for the rare rainstorm while cycling/commuting. There are no zipper vents or anything that advanced, and its definitely more waterproof than breathable, but it does keep me dry in a downpour. It could get a bit muggy inside if my ride were longer, but its just a few miles. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, August 19, 2012
This lightweight waterproof jacket is perfect for tropical weather. For light showers or seasonal rainy periods, this jacket protects from water and keeps you relatively cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deal after a lot of looking, June 9, 2014
This review is from: White Sierra Men's Trabagon Jacket (Sports)
I needed a lightweight, waterproof rain jacket with hood for an upcoming backpacking trip to Switzerland. I found many at Dick's and REI in the $150-$400 price range that frankly were very bulky and heavy and not suitable for my situation. I ordered one on line from Amazon that was great - only it was too small (I ordered a large and XL would have worked but they were out of stock). This was my second try and it is perfect. Very light weight, and will easily fit in my backpack; fairly stylish with nice hood with draw strings and zippers on the pockets. Based on some other reviews I selected a large and it fit perfectly. I'm 5'11" and 170 and it leaves me some room to wear layers or a sweater underneath. Great deal compared with the many expensive alternatives I tried,

5.0 out of 5 stars We were pleased., December 12, 2012
We bought these for a trip and you can't beat them for the quality at this price and utility. The men's size L fit my spouse who usually wears a large. I needed every bit of the women's large and usually I wear a medium. I think it must run small around the chest.

5.0 out of 5 stars thumbs up, February 5, 2013
I love this jacket... very light but warm... easy to pack in my bag. I bought one for my sister too... best light jacket/raincoat I own so far

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Jacket!, February 12, 2013
Extremely lightweight, stuffs into the front pocket to form a little pillow you can easily pack or stick in a bag. Adjustable wrist straps are amazing at keeping the cold/wet weather out and your warmth inside. Take note though, this also will make it sort of an oven inside if you're wearing layers. There have been times when I've gotten home and taken off my jacket to notice my cloths underneath were a bit damp with sweat. No matter though, it still kept me warm during the day. The vent on the back is nice and does help somewhat with keeping fresh air circulating but at the same time the rest is sealed tight to keep out water, so it can get a bit toasty. I have never warn it as just a shell, I always use it as a light rain/wind jacket and it works perfectly for that. The hood has a nice Velcro strap on the back so you can adjust the hood back if it is hanging too low over your head. The neck and waist synch to keep that weather out and give it a nice form fitted feel/shape. All in all I highly recommend this jacket as the perfect light weather preventer. I haven't used it in heavy weather so I can't speak on that but so far it has done everything I expected it to. I imagine you'd need some under-layers for heavy weather to keep you warm as this is pretty much just a thin waterproof shell.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not breathable, horrible velcro, but it works, April 16, 2013
This review is from: White Sierra Men's Trabagon Jacket (Sports)
I'm going to keep it- but it's hot on the arms- there's a vent in the back but none under the arms and they're going to feel sticky when it's humid. I may try to punch my own holes if it is unbearable in summer. I also HATE the velcro. The entire storm flap is secured by velcro patches, which make doing up the zipper a pain. The fabric feels cheap, like it may tear. But it looks and fits good, is super lightweight, the hood has good coverage, and it's really waterproof with taped seams and useful pockets, including a good size interior one that will stay dry. For the price, what I need in a packable emergency jacket.

White Sierra Men's Trabagon Jacket