Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 30, 2013
I bought these for a snowboarding trip and they are very good quality. I am glad to have these now instead of having to rent gear all the time. If you are like me you will research and compare reviews obsessively until you finalize your purchase. Because I needed these fast (and they fit the size, color, and price I wanted) I ordered them even though they had a lack of reviews. So it's my turn to give back to the amazon community by reviewing with as much detail and consideration as I would like when I am researching a purchase!

Material:
These pants are much better than the ones I have rented. I feel like they will last for a very long time. The fabric is waterproof and insulated and the seams are very strong and the belt loops are sturdy. The front button is a snap button and on the inside along the back is an adjustable waistband with velcro strips. The inside material is very comfortable and soft. I have sensitive skin, and the inner waistband is like a soft felt and not irritable. The pockets have zippers and a little flap over them for extra waterproofing of whatever's in your pocket. The material is just like as the pants I tried on in the snowboarding shop, at a much better price.

SIzing:
The sizing is a bit large, I am 5ft 3in and 120 lbs and medium was way too large and I could stretch the waist out away from my stomach about 4 inches like in a weight loss commercial. Because I am short, the medium was also uncomfortably long. I returned it for a small, which fits much better. It is still a tad baggy, but I think that a little baggy is what you want because you will be layering clothing underneath it. There is also the adjustable waistband to let it out or take in I estimate up to 4 inches. Again, I am rather short (5ft 3in) and the pants are still a bit long in size small, but I am used to this happening my whole life. Standing up barefoot, the length reaches my heels, and covers 3/4 of the arch on the top of my foot, but doesn't reach my toes.With these pants, I don't think the length is so long that it is uncomfortable or will interfere with my snowboarding, and I know that once I put snowboots on I will have some added height. But when I walk around in them barefoot, they do bunch up by my ankle and make swishy sounds as I walk. I don't think they will trip me though. I'm sure people of average height will find the length to be perfect.

Other Comments:
As noted in another review, there is a little more than usual amount insulation. However, I think that the term "bulky" is subjective. It may be a sizing issue where the seams are too tight and the insulation feels bulky. But for me, I feel like I have a perfectly comfortable range of motion in these pants and prefer padding for inevitable falls. I suggest you either try and return/exchange them, or go to a snowboarding shop and see what you prefer.

There was also a comment about the lack of back pockets. This is true, but is not an issue for me. Everyone has different needs for pockets so I'll let you determine what the appropriate number is for you. I will however, state that the two front pockets on these are very deep and I can comfortably fit my smart phone, room key, wallet, and lift pass in them. To give you a better idea, I just put a redbox dvd case in the pocket easily and still had a little room at the top. So if you only plan on taking your essentials like I do, i'm sure these pockets will suffice. Also don't forget to consider that there are pockets on your jacket too if you need extra carrying room. Another thing to consider, I don't think I would use back pockets because I fall on my butt all the time. Comparing male and female pants is kind of unfair, because male pants are usually (and frustratingly) more plentiful and/or roomy.

I will keep this review updated after I have used them on my trip! Because I ordered the white ones, my main worry is that the color will not hold up. This is likely the information I will include once I have used them a lot. Until then, Happy shopping!
55 comments66 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
Ordered a pair for skiing. I am 5'6" and weigh 190ish, wear a size 12-14. I ordered an XL, figuring I would want something under them and not want them to bind. The pants are warm and well made. The only two problems is that they run fairly long and large (the waistband is adjustable, but the velcro rubs against you if your shirt slips out), and the snap at the waist is too weak to hold when bending or moving. (They aren't remotely tight on me, so it's not an issue of the waist pulling. It's a very ineffective snap.) I'm trying to decide whether to return them for a large or another brand or just keep them...I would probably give them a 3.5 rating if I could...
on January 20, 2014
Very comfortable and perfect for a day on the slopes. These are as flattering as snow pants come. I expected them to run small especially when wearing leggings underneath so bought a size up but these were too big. Exchanged for my usual size and thy fir perfectly even with leggings and padding underneath. Order your usual size and you will be happy. Great price too.
on March 19, 2014
Ski pants are usually quite pricey. I purchased the White Sierra Women's cascade Falls pant to ski in Colorado for a week. Like most ski pants, it's not exactly slimming, but it protected my legs adequately and kept me pretty warm (20-30 degree temps and some windy days). I'm 5'2" and 140 pounds. The Small fit well around my waist and the pant legs were long for me, but worked fine with the ski boots (I have a 28" inseam). The top has a snap button, which kept coming undone. I may alter to a different type of button. The zipper stayed up just fine, even if the snap button kept coming undone.
on April 3, 2014
Okay. I bought these for my wife, who typically can easily wear a large even with long undies on. Unfortunately, these were waaaay small. I know, other people reported these as oversized or true to size. This was *not* the argument I was going to make to my lovely wife. "Gee honey, all these other people say they run large, what's the problem?" (I do not ask such questions. This is why I am still married 29 years later.)

For what it is worth, they seemed nice otherwise.
on February 17, 2014
These are Awesome snow/ski pants!
They do not retain moisture, I was in waist deep snow for several hours and was completely dry when I went inside. They are very well insulated, so well insulated that I was sweating in negative degree weather! They are extremely soft and thick but do not feel bulky at all.
Size- I usually wear size small in pants, these do run a little big. There is velcro on either side (on the inside of the waist band) to sinch the waist but it only tightens about 1-2 inches total, leaving the waist still just a little big for me. There are belt loops, but having worn these with long johns only and with both long johns and jeans, I found that I don't need to wear a belt after all.
Length-They are long when wearing them without shoes, but once you have snow or ski boots on they are a perfect length for an average height or even a taller adult. If you are petite they may be a bit too long on you.
on February 10, 2014
For the low price I was surprised at the excellent quality and perfect fit. I would definetly recommend these pants and they keep you warm and dry.
on April 16, 2014
The fit was great, loved the length (some things run too short). They look great, they're comfortable and warm. Very happy with my purchase.
on February 24, 2014
As I was in the middle of hemming my new pants, I discovered a slash in the fabric behind one knee. I honestly don't know how I missed it but there it was and definitely NOT my doing. The pants would have been perfect other than being a bit too long for me. So, since I'd already altered them I couldn't return them and I had to zig-zag the slash to close it up. This was a huge disappointment and I'd like to suggest this company ought to be more careful about quality control.
on January 29, 2014
I like these pants a lot. Nice and warm. I originally ordered a size large as another person reviewed said they are 8-10 and that size fit them perfectly. I also wear 8-10 and large was too large. Medium was much better. I would have given a 5 star review except for one minor item. Wish there was a sturdier closer. Snap comes undone when being physically active, but that is not so bad. They look decent too.