Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Whitmor 6070-267 Supreme 5-Tier Shelving Unit, Black
|Price:||$72.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$37.01 (34%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Want professional assembly of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Tall, 5-tier shelving unit--great for office, garage, kitchen, and more
- Durable and stylish black-coated chrome steel construction; adjustable leveling feet
- Each shelf holds up to 350 pounds (evenly distributed)
- Wire shelves adjustable in 1-inch increments; no tools required
- Measures 36 by 14 by 72 inches (WxDxH); 10-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
DELIVERY ALERT: This item ships in its original packaging and may be visible upon delivery!
A Multipurpose Storage Solution
Strong and sturdy, the Whitmor Supreme Shelving Unit features three, four or five shelves that each hold up to 350 pounds. The small shelving unit has three shelves that each hold up to 200 pounds. Ideal for use in just about any room of your home, as well as in the garage, the shelves are also conveniently adjustable in 1" increments.
Whitmor Supreme Shelving Unit:
- Chrome steel
- Each shelf holds up to 350 lbs
- Small shelving unit shelves holds up to 200 lbs
- Shelves are adjustable in 1" increments
- Adjustable leveling feet
- Small 3-Tier: 23" W x 13" D x 30" H
- 3-Tier: 36" W x 14" D x 36" H
- 4-Tier: 36" W x 14" D x 54" H
- 5-Tier: 36" W x 14" D x 72" H
A Closer Look: This shelving unit is made of black-coated chrome steel. It features adjustable leveling feet and wire shelves that are adjustable in 1" increments with no tools required.
From the Manufacturer
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Whitmor 6070-267 Supreme 5-Tier Shelving Unit, Black
AmazonBasics 5-Shelf Shelving Unit - Black B00NUS5D4C
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Quidsi Retail LLC||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Dimensions||72 inches x 14 inches x 36 inches||70.87 inches x 35.43 inches x 13.78 inches||14 inches x 72 inches x 36 inches||61.5 inches x 30 inches x 14 inches|
|Item Package Weight||37.69 pounds||35.75 pounds||38.25 pounds||28.8 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I just wanted to include this review if you're like me and don't always comprehend assembly instructions the first time you read them. Some of my tips:
1. The "threaded connectors" connect the top pole to the lower pole. My threaded connectors didn't have a groove in the middle (according to the drawing and instructions they were supposed to), so I had to estimate when they were screwed halfway into each pole. Make sure they aren't wobbly when you've screwed the poles together -- this means one pole has too much of the connector in it.
2. Don't screw the feet in too tightly when you first put them in, so that you won't have trouble loosening them later when you're leveling the unit.
3. Even though the sleeves look incredibly flimsy, they work. Don't waste time staring at them, wondering how the heck they're going to support 350 pounds.
4. The lip around the edge of the shelves should point downward. Although I thought this was the case from the picture on the website, the drawing in Step 3 is a little confusing.
5. If you're putting together the shelves by yourself, lay the four poles on the ground. Slide the shelf onto the poles, and then put the box in between the bottom and top poles to support the top poles as you slide the shelf toward the feet.
Hope this helps!
Here's an additional input I haven't seen in a review yet: One reviewer mentions the possibilty to make two smaller units out of one large. True, but...
...WAY more interesting in my eyes is the possibility to combine two 5-shelf-units to one 10-shelf-unit of THREE times the width. Just assemble the whole unit in one shot from the bottom up and install at least two (better three) shelves towards the OUTSIDE, therefore connecting the two units. A word of caution: Be sure beforehand on what heights you want the shelves mounted, since it is almost impossible to correct this later without major disassemby!
You get a three shelves wide unit, obviously with the same number of shelves (10). You do NOT gain shelf space, but you DO gain room for larger items (which this shelving can handle very easily) and one VERY sturdy wall unit. And while you are at it, you might want to explore the 'buy three, make five'-version...
edit: I just uploaded an image to the customer image gallery to illustrate my point. Hope it helps!
Tip: Wait until you have assembled the bottom 2 shelves before you attach the upper poles. We had trouble placing the shelf supports at the same level on each pole when dealing with the entire length of the pole. It is MUCH easier to assemble the whole bottom part first, then add the next levels.
Off to clean the garage...
I know some reviewers had a difficult time putting them together, and usually I have a tough time with assembling stuff, too, but these were a snap, once you figure out that the secret to assembly is in the little plastic collars. You simply put the two halves together loosely (you will see what I mean once you open the box and see the plastic bag filled with these curved plastic oollars...they don't "snap" together...they are meant to be a loose fit until you put the shelf over them.) You place two collar halves on each of the four posts, then slide a shelf over the four posts until it rests on the collars. These collars then give a 'compression fit' to keep the shelf in place. That is why no tools are needed. The shelves slip gently over the collars until they won't go any further, forcing the two halves to be compressed. I have never seen anything like this on a shelf, but it is a brilliant idea and works perfectly. I put about 100 lbs on each of the lower two shelves and they stay perfectly in place with no sagging or bending.
The only caution for you is that the shelves aren't very deep, and all of my boxes and Rubbermaid storage containers hang over the edges of the shelf. It is not a problem for me at all, but just check the depth to make sure it is OK for you.
I thought the narrow-ness would make them unstable, but I tugged on them and found it would take quite a bit of force to tip them over.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We purchased this shelving unit because we needed more space while we are temporarily living in a tiny rental home (7 people, 1 dog, 1 cat in 1200 sq ft)
While... Read more
Very sturdy and the shelves are adjustable. The only stand I use now.Published 1 month ago by Amazon User
Works great, is very sturdy and looks nice. Easy to assemble. Not industrial strength but just fine for using in the home.Published 1 month ago by M. Bartelt
Excellent Product, Totally Recommended! a nice super top notch itemPublished 2 months ago by Ariel ML
I have purchased 3 of these units between 2010 and 2011, for garage storage. These are easy to assemble and arrange. Read morePublished 2 months ago by JaxFL_customer
Outstanding, sturdy shelving unit that has helped to organize our garage. Shelves have not bowed after 2 years of use with heavy items.Published 4 months ago by WGH