5.0 out of 5 stars It won't fall over if you...
Just assemble it so that the boot holders alternate direction. It makes it take up a little more space, but not a lot, and it balances the system much better. I haven't had any problems with mine falling over. With this one fix, a very good system.
Published 12 months ago by skkh1980

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good, a little bad
Published 19 months ago by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars It won't fall over if you..., August 20, 2013
This review is from: Whitmor 6196-4342 3 Pair Boot Organizer, Black/Silver (Misc.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good, a little bad, January 9, 2013
Sarah (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
In theory and *mostly* in practice, this is a good product. I've tried lots of boot-management systems (is that a thing? probably not), and this is -- unfortunately -- the best thing I've tried so far. It holds the boots. It doesn't take up a ton of space in the closet. The legs that hold it upright do, however, constantly fall off if you even *think* about accidentally brushing up against the thing, which happens with some regularity. As a result, it requires regular tuning up to make sure the legs are securely fastened, which is kind of a drag, but it's better than having your boots in an embarrassing jumble on the floor of your closet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boot Organizer, December 8, 2012
I found the product to be a little flimsy. It is OK as long as you lean it against the wall. I purchased two. I am happy with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy, June 26, 2013
Michael Lentz (Albuquerque, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This is mostly plastic. I have to stand the rack up against the wall in my closet, otherwise the weight of 3 pairs of boots tips the whole rack over. I do not recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Considering buying another!, January 23, 2013
Alison W. (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This is an incredibly simple product. I put it together in the time it took my husband to put on shoes to go to brunch, no instructions needed. It doesn't feel altogether solid, but in fact it is, (although I have a feeling it could be just as easy to take apart as it was to put together). Granted, I'm not knocking into it constantly, but I do feel like it isn't going anywhere. I would plan on putting this in a closet or somewhere else that's out of the way, just in case. It is nice that you can always adjust the boot holders so that they are closer together or spaced further apart. I only wish it held more than 3 pairs of boots, but I think it was designed this way in part because it might not be as sturdy if it was even longer. Anyway, I'm no longer worried about my suede boots getting crushed and scraped by other shoes, which is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars works, February 10, 2013
takes up about as much room as just the boots. works just fine. if I could sop buying boots, I wouldn't need another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Poor Quality, February 7, 2014
This is very flimsy and keeps falling over. It does not work well at all. I am very disappointed in this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, April 27, 2013
Very flimsy, would not stay together. I bought two and wish I wouldn't have wasted the money. Do not buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the perfect boot storage solution, March 6, 2013
I have 9 pairs of boots and they are flopping over everywhere. The inserts are a pain. This rack is amazing. Shallow enough to put behind my shoe racks, I can access my boots no problem and replace them in a second. No more boots laying around. Put together in 1 min and up in my closet filled with boots in less than 5 mins. I immediately ordered two more racks for my daughter. One THRILLED customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Falls over with boots on it., June 8, 2013
Sorry, I didn't try it out before destroying the packing. Has to be propped up to stay up. My husband suggested putting Velcro on the bottom to keep it upright. Maybe that will help.

Whitmor 6196-4342 3 Pair Boot Organizer, Black/Silver