5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Videos by the Greatest Voice of a Generation.
Published on October 4, 2001 by D. Lynch

2.0 out of 5 stars Arista have made a hash of it
This review is made purely on the basis of the DVD content and bears no reflection on Whitney herself or her great singing voice or the quality of the music within the DVD.
Published on June 5, 2000 by iGlad

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Videos by the Greatest Voice of a Generation., October 4, 2001
D. Lynch "dl257" (Delanco, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
When I heard this DVD was going to be released I was estatic. Almost every video done by Whiney Houston is included, from the early videos such as "How Will I Know" and "The Greatest Love Of All" through the Bodyguard era hits like "I Will Always Love You" and "I'm Every Woman" to her recent smash hits such as "My Love Is Your Love" and "It's Not Right But It's Okay".
But to me what makes it so special are the extras, such as live performances at the Grammy Awards, in concert in South Africa, her performance of the Star Spangled Banner, and her first performance on the Merv Griffin show.
Also included are interviews with Whitney, Clive Davis, Missy Elliot, Wyclef Jean, Diane Warren, and others.
A must have for any Whitney fan or any other person from the MTV generation who has been touched by Whitney's music.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about time!, May 25, 2000
"angelhugs" (Laurel, MS USA) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this video collection. It's kicked off with all four videos from Whitney's first album: "You Give Good Love", "Saving All My Love For You", "How Will I Know" and "Greatest Love of All" which Whitney calls her favorite video. Whitney calls this video collection "the process of her growth" where "this girl becomes a woman". The next set includes videos from her second album: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", "Didn't We Almost Have It All" (my personal favorite video!), "So Emotional" and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" which Whitney says she didn't even want to record but finally did after urging from Clive Davis. Good thing she did for it went on to be her 7th #1 single. Next comes a Grammy performance of "One Moment In Time" and her unforgettable performance of "The Star Spangled Banner". From her third album she just includes the videos for "I'm Your Baby Tonight" and "All The Man That I Need". Next comes some soundtrack videos. The only video from The Bodyguard is "I Will Always Love You" and the only video from The Preachers Wife is "Step By Step". No videos from Waiting To Exhale are on here. Finally she ends the collection with all the videos from her final album: "Heartbreak Hotel", "It's Not Right But It's Okay", "My Love Is Your Love" and "I Learned From The Best". All in all, it's money well worth spending to get all of these great videos in one place. Most of these videos hardly ever air on the music video channels anymore so it was great fun to see them again. You get 18 videos on this collection and you'll enjoy every one of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the Whitney you need, December 12, 2001
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
For the last 10 years, I've had a love/hate relationship with Whitney: sometimes I like her, and sometimes I don't. Regardless, anyone interested in pop music should check out this video collection of Whitney's hits. Some of the selections are dated (check out the killer weave in "I Wanna Dance With Somebody") while others are tastefully done ("You Give Good Love," "I Learned From the Best," "Heartbreak Hotel"). This set also has lyrics to all the songs, concert footage, and a neat backstage trip to a promotional photo shoot. Unlike other music DVDs, this one doesn't skimp on the extras, and there's enough bonus material to make Whitney fans and casual listeners like myself interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible DVD, December 15, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
This is a great dvd that fully entertained me. It has 23 videos (the new version that is out there right now has 2 extra videos), some unbelievable live performances, great interviews, behind the scenes footage and other things that I'm probably forgetting. Whitney is a very beautiful woman to look at, she's gorgeous! As for her talent, in my opinion she's the greatest singer of all-time and this dvd proves it.
The highlights of the dvd in my opinion are the amazing "One Moment In Time at the grammy's", the historic "The Star Spangled Banner at Superbowl XXV" and Whitney's great & long interview where she talks about several important moments in her career. There are so many videos on it, you can never be bored. It has also so many great performances like "Why Does It Hurt So Bad on MTV movie awards", her first ever TV performance singing "Home" and I could go on forever!!
IMO, anybody who's a fan of Whitney Houston or anyone who simply is a little bit interested in her should get the dvd. It's full of hours of entertainement. The sound & picture are also great (but of course the sound in a performance like "Home in 1985" doesn't sound as good as for example "My Love is Your Love live in germany 1999" obviously because it's much older, but it still sounds great).
In conclusion, I have no complaints & I think that this is one of the best dvds I own. Everyone should get it & I really hope Whitney releases other music dvds soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars "Most" but not "All", May 17, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
Overall, this DVD is great, but had a few major problems.
First, I was expecting "All" of Whitney's videos to appear, but they didn't - False Advertising. This DVD was missing major videos - "I Believe In You and Me", "Exhale(Shoop, Shoop)", "My Name is not Susan", "Count On Me" and "When You Believe". They gipped me out of 5, count 'em 5 videos - What happen here? They should have just waited and released the DVD when they had finished all the videos for the new singles from the greatest hits package, Including "All" her videos as the advertisements say!
And, Second - Sure all of the extras were great to watch, but some could have been longer, like the MTV All Access - they showed about 3 minutes of that! I wanted to see the whole thing in it's entirety like it was originally shown on MTV! Also, the Cinderella segment was not worth watching, they showed only a minute of that, she didn't even sing the whole song, very disappointing! All other special features were alright but could have been done better, some were too long, others were too short!
All in all, if you're a die hard whitney fan and you have DVD, you'll appreciate it and might even like it. I do reccommend that you buy this "if you have DVD", You'll love "most" of those classic videos, that we've all grown to appreciate, since "all" aren't available. And who knows, maybe they'll put out a supplement DVD with all the videos they didn't include on this one. However, I doubt they would be kind enough to do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, February 23, 2006
J. Alayamini (North Canton, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
I wasn't a Whitney super-fan until I got this! I've discovered a whole new catalog of excellent songs thanks to this DVD! Whitney Houston is awesome! And this DVD is packed with like a million videos all of which fully remastered (they look brand new!), and TONS of bonus content. A MUST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitney, I Will Always Love You, February 12, 2012
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
I just bought this a year ago to replace my missing VCD counterpart and I was so shocked and saddened to hear that Whitney Houston had died suddenly in her hotel room.

Whitney was the VOICE. She was such a joy to listen to and always had such a bright smile to bring cheer to your day.

This is her only video collection. There's another one with a different cover (cover shot of The Ultimate Collection CD) but the contents are identical.

Most of her videos are here. Bonus features includes some live performances such as the Grammy's One Moment In Time and MTV's Why Does It Hurt So Bad? I don't know if there are clips for All At Once, Love Will Save The Day and Miracle. If so, Sony could put out a full collection soon. Do include Exhale.

This is a great collection to remember Whitney Houston by. I just can't believe she's gone. May her music legacy live on forever. Whitney, you will always have a special place in my heart. You are the greatest voice of all!

PS: I recently chanced upon the US edition. Compared to the international version reviewed above, the US release contains the videos for Exhale and I Believe In You And Me. Also included is the US version of I'm Your Baby Tonight. The song is a different from the international dance version. The video varies slightly with the international version containing a piano sequence.

2.0 out of 5 stars Arista have made a hash of it, June 5, 2000
iGlad "iGlad" (Manchester, Lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
However, it is clear that Arista have rushed out this DVD out with no real understanding of what tracks Whitney's fans rate as their greatest hits. The big question for me, is, where are the videos for Exhale (shoop shoop, Hurt so Bad and Count on Me? To do a diva such as Whitney and her fans true justice, it should have been a 2 disc set, which should have included ALL the videos to ALL her single releases and any unseen videos, which might not have been released in addition to extra footage on this DVD, now that would have kept me and many others happy! The only thing, I can say is that Arista have made a real hash of it, showing no real understanding of her worldwide fan base and also a lack of respect towards a superb diva, who is simply the best (as her record sales would indicate). The only saving grace was that there was none of those horrendous DJ mixes on the DVD, as there is on the Greatest Hits CD!
ARISTA YOU DROPPED THE BALL, WHITNEY DESRVED BETTER!

4.0 out of 5 stars Close But No Cigar!, May 18, 2000
This video is ok. I am a really deep fan of Whitney. I have alot of her items, but where are all the other videos? Like, Run to You, I Have Nothing, Exhale, I Believe in You and Me, I'm Every Woman, Why Does It Hurt So Bad. And the other videos not on the greatest hits cd, like, My Name is not Susan, Miracle, Count on Me, the real One Moment in Time video, and maybe others. I know that these videos were made, because i seen them a while back. i think it's time to complain to ARISTA, because these videos should have been on this video. Especially for the price. And also why in the ... do they add the special bonuses to the DVD disc. Just because we buy the vhs versions doesn't mean we don't want to see the extras!

5.0 out of 5 stars NO MATTER WHAT THIS DVD SHOWS SHE WAS THE BEST VOCALIST WE HAVE HAD!!!, March 19, 2006
This review is from: Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits (DVD)
NO ONE CAN TOUCH WHITNEY'S VOCALS! THIS DVD IS A SHOWCASE OF HER BEST TRACKS LAID DOWN IN THE STUDIO! NO ONE CAN TOUCH HER VOCALS - PERIOD - ON A SIDE NOTE - THERE IS AN UNRELEASED VERSION OF "HOME" WHEN SHE WAS 18 YEARS OLD. IT IS PHENOMENOL.

LOVE :)

Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits
Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits by Paul Hunter (DVD - 2000)
$11.98 $11.00