5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful gift for Whitney Houston's fans!
What can I say? This is the best tribute to Whitney Houston.
The book is large, heavy and it is done well: it's a pleasure to hold it in your hands.
Photos are incredibly beautiful. And there are a lot of really rare things like shots from some well-known photoshoots that have never published before.
What I didn't like about the book is the way some (very...
Published 21 months ago by Bitta Jam

2.0 out of 5 stars upsetting
Published 21 months ago by Nippyfan

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful gift for Whitney Houston's fans!, November 29, 2012
Bitta Jam (Russia, Moscow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
What can I say? This is the best tribute to Whitney Houston.
What I didn't like about the book is the way some (very few though) pictures lay on two pages, so some part of it is folded. There are a couple of photos where the part of the face is folded, which counts as a mistake when you typeset a photobook.
But when you turn the page and look at the other picture, you forget about all the mistakes, because there are a lot of breath-taking photos there.
So I wish to thank people who created this book. And if you have people who truly love Whitney Houston among your friends, trust me, it's going to be the best gift for Christmas.

2.0 out of 5 stars upsetting, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
I am a gigantic, heartbroken fan. I must buy this book because of my love for Whitney. What I don't like is that it's written by Pat Houston. An opportunist. I don't like that she will profit more from Whitney's demise. Ie...that ignorant tv show she is spearheading. I have not watched it, and will not watch it. I hope it gets cancelled. Hey, Pat, let your sister-in-law, rest in peace. Stop trying to figure out ways to make money off of her death. Let this book be the last of it. Now go get a job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nevertheless..., December 3, 2012
InTheBlack (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
I'm not at all feeling Clive or the people who surrounded Whitney, who continue to monetize her. I get shady vibes, and don't want to give them my money (or viewer ratings). But I couldn't resist this one...
Many of these are photos you've seen before, but larger. Nevertheless, you can't go wrong with so stunning and singular a subject.
God Bless You, Whitney! Wishing you eternal peace.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, November 27, 2012
This not a great download for Android, the words were difficult to read and if it wasn't for the great pictures of her my money would have wasted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
My daughter is a Whitney fan and she loved it. It was a Christmas gift that I as her mother thought she would enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitney: Tribute to an Icon, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully crafted book that does absolute justice to Whitney. To me all fans should have this book as it has the most beautiful photos to remind us all just how photogenic this superstar was.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for...., December 19, 2012
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
but still worth keeping. A photo essay of the most beautiful, talented, giving, and misunderstood women of our time. I was hoping for photos that were never seen before. Some yes, but most I've already seen, so a little disappointed and I wasn't impressed with the way some of the most beautiful were positioned in such a way that it took 2 pages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tribute to a true icon, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
Book contains some amazing photos although I was slightly dissappointed that the Richard Avedon shoot for the "Whitney" album is missing altogether. They could have also included some different takes on her most iconic moments (the '80s are pretty much ignored and there are no shots off the I'm Your Baby Tonight shoot with her brown leather jacket). I would have loved to have the "hipper" Whitney be better reflected too (video stills off the "Fine" video could have been in there instead of 4 or 5 off the All The Man That I need video, more off the My Love is Your Love tour, VMAs 2000 and that shot when she's wearing the pink fur and snake pants in the David LaChapelle shoot for the greatest hits 2000). Apart form this, it's a fantastic collection of a truely beautiful and captivating woman!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a treasure, December 6, 2012
Fly (New Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
This hefty "coffeetable" book is beautifully done. Almost all the photographs are posed or posed action photos, a few of which most Nippy fans have probably seen before. Many, many of the photographs are simply breathtaking.
I would definetly tell any fan of Whitney to get this book; in fact I would encourage anyone ( even if they aren't a Whitney "fan" ) to get this book. Then they should listen to her music and go to Heaven with the rest of us, over and over again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this book!!, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Whitney: Tribute to an Icon (Hardcover)
The pics are terrible and grainy. They looked like they were photocopied and the book was put together poorly. Typical of a Pat Houston product. Only wants money off of Whitney's fame.

Whitney: Tribute to an Icon
Whitney: Tribute to an Icon by Pat Houston (Hardcover - November 27, 2012)
$39.99 $25.68