5.0 out of 5 stars Finding out who you really are
Who Am I? - The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi. Tiruvannamalai: T. N. Venkataraman, 1994. Paperback, 16 pages. No ISBN.

"Self-enquiry leads directly to Self-realization by removing the obstacles which make you think that the Self is not already realized." - Sri Ramana Maharshi.

This short pamphlet of just 16 pages which can be read in...
Published on January 22, 2010 by tepi

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick and simple read. Good price.
VERY QUICK read... Decent info for the price. But if your expecting lenghty full tilt mind blowing thought producing info ..NO Woth the price though.
Published 13 months ago by florencio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding out who you really are, January 22, 2010
This review is from: Who Am I?: The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi (Paperback)

This short pamphlet of just 16 pages which can be read in thirty minutes or so tells us all that we really need to know in order to set about finally understanding who we are. It begins by explaining that we aren't at all what we think we are - body, mind, and so on. It then goes on to describe a simple (though arduous) technique by means of which we can come to know who we really are.

My own edition contains a brief though very informative and well-written Introduction by T.M.P. Mahadevan. He explains that the book consists of a series of 28 questions asked by a young man who was undergoing a spiritual crisis and who visited the Maharshi seeking help; each question is then followed by the answer he was given.

The very first question he asked was "Who am I?" The rest of the book provides the answer, an answer that the Maharshi assures us will lead those tough enough to stay the course to liberation.

5.0 out of 5 stars As simple as it gets, December 1, 2010
There are many, many books on nonduality out there, many of them quite extensive in breadth and depth. But the central tenet behind all of those words can be found in this tiny book: that the secret to life is to know oneself and to do that one must inquire of the self, again and again, "Who am I?" That's it, plain and simple. Beautiful in its simplicity, which of course is maddening to the mind, which always craves more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 15, 2009
The spiritual book. This one book is just sufficient. No need to look for anyother information.

Concise, precise, sharp, etc.,

5.0 out of 5 stars I Will Give it 5 Stars, But..., June 25, 2012
You cannot give this man's words anything below 5 stars, even if they only encompass 16 pages.

However, it must be pointed out that this information is included almost entirely in Be As You are, edited by David Godman. Be As You Are is a much more extensive compendium of Sri Ramana's teachings, and I would recommend buying that book over this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Book with a Huge Message, April 29, 2011
This small book delivers a clear,concise message; and offers what amounts to a simple map to the awareness of one's conciousness. It will either provide a glimpse of potential enlightenment; or a validation of the journey one travels through meditation, towards peace of mind. Reading WHO AM I? could lead one to search for the "I" who is reading this reveiw.

5.0 out of 5 stars who am I, October 10, 2011
gary r longley (FORT SMITH, AR, US) - See all my reviews
this very simple book can change anyone's life if you can apply the small bit of information it suggests, only the highly motavated will follow though!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Instruction Manual for the Self and God Realization, July 7, 2014
Like many people in the west on an occult esoteric trip, I've accumulated a vast library of many books on various subjects. While my intellect has grown immensely over the years and life has been magical at times, something has always been missing. I don't know how I found Swami Vivekananda but I somehow did and my world started to change. I ended up getting his message loud and clear (get rid of the book learning and meditate on the Self) He even says not to read his books at one point. Again, somehow Sri Ramana Maharshi comes into the picture and in a 16 page book gives you the instructions to reach the Self. Yet, many western people say they felt ripped off by a book of 16 pages?
This is because the western mind is used to material excess and thinks more is better. (it's not)

Personally, I would read; Advaita Vedanta : A Philosophical Reconstruction by Eliot Deutsch, then "I Am That" by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj then Jnana Yoga by Swami Vivekananda, then use, Who Am I as your instruction manual and then give all these books away to someone that could and would want to use them because you won't need them anymore or any books. Read, Study, Learn, give the books away and then find God within in the Silence of the Self.

I would also knowledge the path of the Self or Advaita Vedanta philosophy and practice is not for all people but for westerners who have more of a scientific mind and are not really interested in religion this is a perfect path. (no God dogma or rules here) It took me awhile even with intensive occult and eastern studies to get to where the little i in me is at. This is a very difficult road and not for everyone. A much simpler and easier path is Bhakti Yoga and it leads to the same goal as Jnana Yoga or like me, just mix them together because they fit so well together. Your choice and there are no hard fast rules here...because this is just one big illusion of the senses anyways.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the way that works, October 14, 2013
Self enquiry shows that Self is not something. Self cannot be objectified and is therefore limitless. That which can seek is what seeks Self, and enquiry shows that Self cannot be found. You're looking for yourself? But you are yourself. Why do you look? Indeed where shall you look? It's a kind of a joke. There is no Self, only what cannot be described.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Core of Self Inquiry, November 18, 2012
Amazon Customer (ORLANDO, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
What can I say ... Sri Ramana is my Guru due to this work. If the source of consciousness is your method you will not be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The inquiry process itself, August 12, 2012
Who Am I? is free to read online, though owning a hard copy is always nice and this is the cheapest version you'll probably find. "The Spiritual Teachings of Ramana Maharshi" also includes this text, along with the Maharshi's Gospel. I would recommend that over this, since there's more to it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Who Am I?: The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi
Who Am I?: The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi by Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi (Paperback - November 30, 2008)
$3.00 $2.70