Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

When I received this book in the mail from Amazon, the first thing I did was to page through it completely. The art work is riveting. Malcolm Goodwin's illustrations have such motion in them they are a joy to look at. The color and illustrations as well as the quality of this publication is top-notch. This was obvious by just paging through it the first time. I've nearly dog-eared the pages by now.
As a person who has dabbled with astrology, numerology, palm reading, personality types, etc. this books puts them all in one place and simply. It is like all my mini-vices in one neat package.
There are four sections of evaluations: Body, Feeling, Thinking and Spiritual. In each of these you can evaluate where you fit and what characteristics each type is endowed with.
The introduction at the beginning of the book puts it all into perspective. You get out of this book what you put into it. The author indicates there are four ways you can approach the book.
1. As entertainment.
2. As a map of the types of people out there, some we are kin to.
3. A means of understanding your own behavior.
4. A means of realizing who you are, versus who you think you are or want to be.
Rarely does a book truly respond to all these needs. If you want a lightly entertaining book and you dive in with that attitude, you'll get that. If you want a sense of direction of where you are to where you want to be. This may help you get there. If you want a sense of who you are, this can help.
I don't know if people serious in any of these subjects would find this book accurate or even correct. I really don't know enough to check this. And if I did, what would be the point?
This book is about self discovery. To be honest, I doubt someone really serious in any of these would buy this book unless to look at the areas they are not that experienced in. Each topic of self discovery, all 101 of them take up only (2) 8-1/2" X 8-1/2" pages. Just enough to introduce the topic, give you the scale to work with and it's characteristics. If you want to go further on the topic, you have enough background information to start digging in.
I have spent many an entertained hour just going back and forth from one topic to another. What is really neat is when a bunch of people look at it all at once too. The discussions can get pretty interesting. It is a discovery in itself when you see what ratings others give you. Teenagers have a ball with this.
This book is perfect for the young person who is trying to realize who they are and who they want to be. For the middle ager like myself and the elderly, it is interesting to note where I've been as well as where I'm going. You can also look at your children's types as well.
All and all, this book is a good investment.
This is a book that can be fun, introspective and enlightening.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2000
I'm not sure there are words in existence that could describe what I thought as a turned through Malcolm Godwin's new exploration of self-discovery. This book was exactly what I was looking for, needed. And, let me tell you, I am so glad I found it.
The strangest thing was that, during the time period when I stumbled on "Who Are You ..." I was going through a rough bout of depression. It seemed that the core of my problems was that I wasn't sure who I really was inside, what I wanted to pursue in the future.
Being in my college years, this depression came at an extremely fragile time, as the college ages provide enough confusion and difficulty as it is. Anyhow, I went to visit my brother (who knew I was pretty down and out), and he told me I should check out this new book he had. Trusting in his literary taste (as always) I took the paperback from his hands, and began flipping through it.
So much of what Godwin explains is true. I couldn't believe how much I agreed and related several of the 101 ways. This title is undoubtedly a stroke of genius, which everybody in the world should read. All human beings need to find themselves, and we all go through these stages of self-discovery. Godwin's new book may well be just the dictionary of self-discovery knowledge people need to succeed at the feat.
I cannot say how much better I felt after completing "Who are you ...". Everybody should give it a try. Who knows, you might find a whole different personality in yourself.
on February 13, 2000
Simply put, this is the best book ever in regards to understanding yourself. Covers almost every topic you could possibly imagine from body type, hand shape, dominant personalities, astrology (not just Western philosophies), aptitude tests and an almost endless amount of information. Worth five times more than the price. A definite must have.
on May 30, 2003
There are more psychological and self awareness test here than you will ever find within a single book.
It does not dig in depth in anyone direction, but gives you such a broadbased exposure to everything that is available. This will invite you to do further reading on your own on any one methodology that you found particularly relevant to your own character. In itself, this book has a unique value. I have never come accross to another book like this. It has no substitute or competitor.
on June 12, 2005
This colorful book is full of beautiful illustrations and information about the various types of personalities. Most of us tend to assume that everyone else responds to the world in much the same way as we do, and we're shocked when they don't.

This book shows how dramatically dissimilar people prove to be, and that you are not alone. We are not fixed in space or time, and we are constantly changing. We each have a unique individuality.

Ordinary people see no difference between men (Pascal). Our outer image may not mirror who we are on the inside. If we were misjudged as children, we build up armor and strategy to cope with the 'brand.' Yet we must escape those bonds as adults, else we have a false sense of 'self.' Self-esteem damage in childhood may make you semi-unsocial, but you should accept yourself as you are and never stop growing into the person you want to be.

You must reconstruct an inner picture of who you have become so that you can expand into wholeness, integrity, and health instead of becoming fragmented , contracting and in ill health. A good outlook makes for good mental health and a happy disposition, and others will emulate your positive attitude.

If you take the different tests in this book , your whole individual personna will emerge, giving you a fuller and more accurate self-portrait of who you are now. You will discover that your "weaknesses" are due to accidents of birth and situations outside your control.

You will gain a more realistic knowledge of your own abilities, strengths, and weakness, and give you knowledge of how other people interact and behave. We all have imperfections. There are differences between who you are, who you think you are, and who you have become!

This journey of self-discovery contains the road signs you need leading to your destination of realizing who the real you is and how worthy you are in the stratasphere of the universe.
on September 10, 2014
For those of you that are interested in psychology and want to better understand the idea of the "self," then you will love this book. However, if you are someone like me who loves taking personality quizzes, than this is not the book for you. I bought this under the assumption there would personality quizzes accompanied with art by the author, but what I received was something completely different. Sometimes it's best to read a good amount of reviews about a book like this if you are unsure about it's contents; don't make a mistake like I did.
on October 7, 2013
The beauty of this book is that is let me look at myself in a whole different way - actually in many different ways that I hadn't even thought of before. This book is causing me to look at myself with "new eyes". I am learning so much about myself. "Know Thyself" the philosopher said. And this book is helping me Know Myself much better. It is facinating to me to learn about how I function and learn who I am. It is a fun read and provides much food for thought. I am enjoying this book.
on November 2, 2001
Excellent coffee table book or for leafing through yourself. Eveyone who visits my home raves about the book. Everyone can relate to some area of the book - you don't have to read it from cover to cover, you can simply find pages that interest you. It gives you numerous ways to look at yourself - all very interesting.
on May 18, 2015
this book might be really interesting for some people but i only found a few things that i really wanted more in depth info about. Also, the books cover of which i received did not look like the one here. It looked like maybe an older version. I ordered from another shop though, not Prime. Anyway, there is a lot of "tests" to determine what type of which subject you are, etc. but most stuff i felt too lazy to read through. Just not too interesting for me. And i am the type of person to love things that can teach me more about myself.
on February 24, 2014
There is so much to cover in this book! I had this friend who got this book as a present about 10 years ago and I always wanted to borrow it so I could take some of the tests in it. We aren't on speaking terms anymore, so when I randomly remembered this book, I went ahead and bought it. Some of the tests are harder to understand (I thought I would have understood them by now!) But otherwise, I recommend this book to anyone who likes taking person tests about themselves.