Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 1, 2007
I read this book to my kids and they were completely engaged from cover to cover. Wonderful information is packed into this entertaining book with great illustrations. This book inspired several discussions and projects in our house and we all agree it is a must have for any home library.
on May 3, 2003
I bought this book for my students reading about the American Colonies and Revolution. I didn't feel that I knew enough about Ben Franklin and needed to learn more. My students were facinated about him because he was an inventor and did the experiment with the key and the kite to learn about electricity. I learned so much from this book that I had never known before and the readabilty level is perfect for my students. I can't wait to share this book with them!
on July 21, 2010
We ordered several Ben Franklin books for my niece's 4th grade project, but this one was her favorite and the only one she really needed. It has tons of info and is written in a way that's interesting for kids. Cute pictures, etc.
on March 24, 2007
Great subject for a children book. I got this series of books for my daughter and she really enjoyes reading them. Great read and educational too.
on March 31, 2016
We homeschool and were learning about Ben Franklin so purchased several books. This one is great. It includes a lot of information and is written in a way that keeps my children interested. There are nice pictures in the book as well. It is easy to read and understand and a must for anyone doing a project on Ben Franklin.
on January 3, 2014
I highly recommend this book if you want to learn about Ben Franklin. You can also learn of how he discovered electricity and invented the lightening rod. He also helped invent libraries and hospitals. It was also interesting for me to learn about his relationships with his family, specifically his son. Grant age 8 years old
on September 4, 2008
I have a half class set of this book, along with others in the series. I use this as a class assigned book, and have found it to be an excellent way to start the year. The writing is engaging, entertaining and informative. We end each week's reading with a corner book talk which always proves lively and fun.
on March 25, 2014
Not a historical masterpiece, but the joyful and youthful introduction to young readers of this extraordinary American icon.
Fun tidbits to share in a beginning reader format. Just like the huge head and diminished belly, not a "World Book" reference. This is not a resource for high school or college term papers, but a joyful storytelling to get young readers interested in the Kite guy. Will use to supplement material for elementary school storytelling and presentations, along with several other elementary biographies.
on March 17, 2014
I bought these for my third grade classroom. They are great for the biography genre and then to use for report writing. The three years I've used them so far the kids LOVED them. Easy for their reading levels, informative, and people they have heard of in their lives. They would read their own and then read other that they had heard of. Could have left these books out 1/2 year and they would have still been reading them.
on January 3, 2015
Excellent book to prepare for a school project for the colonial times. My son is working on a school project and has to write a newspaper as if it was written during the colonial times. This book will be perfect for that assignment.