Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on February 28, 2012
This book is a short and simple, but very resourceful with `lots of information about Jackie Robinson and his life story. It has information about his birth and brings you into his amazing journey and tells you about his many accomplishments. It also has four pages at the end of the book which include Jackie Robinson's Baseball stats along with the timeline of his life. This book ends with a section that gives information about how Jackie Robinson was voted into the "Hall of Fame" and also it talks about how Jackie Robinson's "Breaking the Color Barrier" has change the course of history. I would recommend this book to anyone who is willing to find out about the "Big People of History" who literally changed it.
on February 11, 2013
I used this book for a book report and I'll probably get an A because this because this book was so excellent by explaining not only fact about Jackie Robinson but also told me what was happening at the time in the world.
on May 5, 2013
This book is great for my report on Jackie Robinson. Compared to my other book from a scale from one to ten this book gets10 and my other book gets a big fat 0000000000000000 !!!!!! Thank u Gail Herman for making this book!:)
on October 16, 2013
I had to read this book to help with a speech that I must do on Jackie Robinson. The book was very well organized and helped me find all the information that I needed
on April 4, 2013
My third grade son and I read this together and we both loved it. Jackie Robinson had a difficult life and many obstacles to overcome starting with having a single parent to provide for the family, poverty, diversity issues, etc. He overcame so much and handled himself in such a way to win over people. In today's world most people would not react in such a positive way as he did. He was a true leader and had many, many "firsts" as an African American outside of baseball. My son was inspired by him and took 42 for his baseball uniform number.
on May 16, 2013
A nice easy to read biography. MY grandson loved it. Actually read many of this series in ONE sitting. A hard thing to do for an active 10 yr old. Recommend this to all parents/grandparents who have inquisitive children/grandchildren. My grandson always "wants to know" about people and history. This series of books was PERFECT for his curious mind. A++ item...
on June 18, 2013
Was a good learning experience for my sheltered 2nd grader. There are so many things we take for granted, for example, that the best players play on major league sports teams. It is amazing that a short time ago some of the best players were excluded. Great inspirational story as well.
on December 26, 2013
This was a wonderful book. A great, quick, hour read. Easy to follow. Probably good for 9-12 year old children. However, everyone can and should read the story of the brave and history-making Jackie. I got exactly what I wanted from it! Priced nicely. Worth your $5.
on January 29, 2013
My 9 year old son likes this book a lot. He has read several of the "Who was....." books and likes all the detailed information he gets on these people. He would recommend this book to other kids.
on June 13, 2013
My son loved the Who Was Jackie Robinson. He doesn't enjoy reading too much so I was very pleased to know this book has him hooked on Who Was... Great illustrations and narration.