5.0 out of 5 stars THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THE MILLIONAIRE FAN IN ALL OF US
What makes the Who Wants To Be a Millionaire soundtrack so good?
Published on February 13, 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Various Annoyances
I haven't bought this, but I know what this is about. Don't buy it. THE REASON: It doesn't have the original soundtrack of the Millionaire show. It is just a marketing strategy to annoy you with "I want to be a millionaire" and other songs to make you think about money (which isn't everything, of course).
THE THING YOU SHOULD BUY: The English import...
Published on August 15, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Various Annoyances, August 15, 2000
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: The Album (2000 TV Series) (Audio CD)
THE THING YOU SHOULD BUY: The English import. Whole soundtrack. Plus two bonus techno mixes. Buy as an import from this very site or amazon.co.uk.
'nuff said

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a TV Soundtrack, a collection of pop songs, August 4, 2000
By A Customer
Don't be deceived by the description of this CD. It is not a soundtrack of all the cool sound effects and background music from the TV show, it is a compilation of popular songs that have to do with money. I bought this CD hoping it was the soundtrack to the show but I was disapointed to find out that it isn't. The songs are pretty cool to listen to anyway, but the description doesn't describe this CD accurately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rival Anne Robinson would call it..., September 17, 2001
a pathetic, miserable waste of recording material. I can hear her addressing her contestants now... "Who here thought the American Who Wants To Be A Millionaire CD was worth buying?"
ALL of the songs on the disc are only related to the show in the loosest possible way. They don't evern bother to throw in a piece of the actual theme music, instead doing a ridiculous dance tune that bears very little resemblance to the theme song. I don't need to phone a friend to see that I should be instead buying the British import CD with its 78 tracks(!) of almost every musical line from the show, as well as radio and dance club mixes of the show's music. It cost me about 25 dollars, and when combined with the board game (which is wonderfully done and worth every penny if you're a fan of the game), it makes for a wild evening of entertainment. Definitely seek out the Brit CD, don't fall victim to the American disc; it's a purchase that's about as smart as missing a 100 dollar question.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better to go to the British!, August 13, 2000
J. Soria (Virginia Beach, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a compilation CD of songs that Disney probably thinks could be associated with the megahit TV show. Not bad in and of itself; the CD harkens to be a game-show version of the ESPN Jock Rock/Jams series with the soundclips of the show's highlights in between the songs.
If you were expecting this CD to be the music from the show, you'll be disappointed. If you want the show's soundtrack, spend the extra dollars or pounds, and get the British version of the album, which contains virtually ALL of the elements of Millionaire on one CD.
For this CD from Disney, though, I think you're better off getting these songs elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars are they serious?, August 3, 2000
"txgent31" (vidor, TX USA) - See all my reviews
i guess it had to happen...someone was sure to put something like this out. while it has some good songs on it,do we really need sound effects from the show mixed in...and do we really need regis singing? alot of the songs on here are available elsewhere on better collections than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just when you thought things couldn't possibly get any worse, August 5, 2000
Sharon Kim (Northridge, CA USA) - See all my reviews
...they have. What's next? "Sounds of the Survivors: Music to Eat Rats By"? Or how about "Big Brother is Watching You: Hilarious Outtakes from the Hit TV Sensation"? Apocalypse now? Maybe.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT about Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, October 20, 2000
Ben Schumin (Silver Spring, Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
As many other reviewers have already mentioned, this CD is positively NOT about WWTBAM. About the only thing that it is about is money, money, and more money. Money is nice (I wish I had more of it), but we want some Millionaire sounds! The only thing to do with Millionaire is that Regis is on the cover, and sings "Pennies from Heaven". So... if you want some real Millionaire sound, go to amazon.co.uk and order the British soundtrack. It's well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THE MILLIONAIRE FAN IN ALL OF US, February 13, 2003
A Kid's Review
What makes the Who Wants To Be a Millionaire soundtrack so good?
Is it? A. The most popular music dedicated to money? B. The hit single I Wanna be a Millionaire by pop duo Jack and Jemma? C. To hear Regis Philbin actually sing and a remix of the Millionaire theme song by Remixer John Griffin? or D. All of the above?. If that is your final answer this soundtrack is for you with fun oldies and toe-tapping tunes. But you'll mainly love the soundtrack's main single the earlier mentioned I Wanna Be A Millionaire this song has always been one of my favorites since I got the soundtrack and it remains one of my favorite tracks. In between the songs are also short clips of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire's greatest moments. The Soundtrack also features our awesome TV host Regis Philbin singing his only single in 1968 Pennies From Heaven if you haven't heard him sing I strongly recommend you get this album before Regis's 1968 debut It's Time for Regis. If you are a Millionaire Fan or not get this album and pull up a chair relax and dream of money when you listen,
Enjoy,
Regis {REGIS PHILBIN RULES AND PROUD TO BE REGIS'S #1 FAN}
FYI Millionaire fans,
Don't miss the all-new Who Wants To Be A Millionaire hosted by Meredith Veira of ABC's The View. Check Local Listings

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth a nickel, let alone a million., March 17, 2004
Myles (NY United States) - See all my reviews
Very disappointing. Little music from the show, and a lot of re-mixed stuff which was not very entertaining. In the upside, it was cheap, so not much money wasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proud to be the first POSITIVE reviewer of this album!, August 6, 2000
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? is my favorite TV show. I love it, and this album is the perfect companion! Every song on this cd has something to do with the show, even though most of them are old songs not made for the TV show. I do agree that "If I Had $1,000,000" by Barenaked Ladies should've been on here, too, but that doesn't ruin the entire album! All of these songs are great, too, and I love the "I Wanna Be a Millionaire" song! Sure it's silly, but can't someone *like* a silly song, for a change? I'm not writing a lot about this album so that you can find out about most of it for yourself as you buy it and listen, and believe me: IT IS WORTH THAT!
I hope you found this review helpful, and I hope it moves you to buy the cd! Don't listen to those two negative reviews below me or any negative statements about this cd, but most of all, I hope you agree with me and like this cd! Come on, you won't know what it's like even through the sound samples on this cd, because there are so many other songs on this cd, too, so at least give the whole cd a try! Please? I recommend it!