Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 20, 2011 2:46:07 AM PDT
idk says:
i refuse to use 3d because it lessens the draw distance and takes off anti-aliasing resulting in a pixelated mess - in 3D!

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 5:35:16 AM PDT
J. D'Auria says:
I don't!

But then again, I'm cross-eyed so I can't see the 3d effect. :(

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 9:13:14 AM PDT
I don't use 3D due to medical problems which only allow me to have one eye open at a time. Plus most of my games are DS games, I only have 2 games in 3D so far.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 10:15:04 AM PDT
A. Davila says:
I dont use the 3d and thankfully that doesnt make the game any less fun!

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 10:27:17 AM PDT
J. Anderson says:
I hardly ever use 3D. I even have the parental controls setup for myself :P

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 11:13:08 AM PDT
meganick says:
To me, the 3D greatly enhances the experience. It's one of the big draws of the 3DS, so why not use it?

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 2:16:29 PM PDT
Landry says:
I used the 3D for about an 1.5 hours but then my eyes became watery. Took an hour break and started playing again in 3D. The only time I play in 2D is if I'm aiming my sling shot/bow. The 3D effect is lost when you aim moving around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 7:22:33 PM PDT
Grace says:
It's not a big draw for everyone, though. The biggest draw for me was the virtual console. I honestly couldn't care less about the 3D :P

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 7:59:40 AM PDT
I like to put the 3D on during the cutscenes. Otherwise, I usually just play without it.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 10:14:41 AM PDT
Casey Jane says:
I use it sometimes, but since I've been playing OoT for about an hour at a time, I leave it off most of the time. I do use it for games I play for about 15 minutes at a time and then put down like Nintendogs.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 10:29:11 AM PDT
Theres 2 much action going on for anyone to enjoy the 3D. Mine is on 2D. The 3D actually made me a bit dizzy cause i wasnt sure where my eye had to go 2 keep things from blurring.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 11:36:08 AM PDT
GUSHandGO says:
I'm firmly on Team 3D. It looks awesome. But, I understand that it might give some people headaches. I've noticed a bit of ghosting when I'm in dark places (like the tunnels in the Lost Woods) but nothing too bad.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 12:04:52 PM PDT
Orange says:
3D all the way. Was a little weird at first (being my first 3DS game), but I'm at the Forest Temple now and my eyes are now fully adjusted to it. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2011 3:48:13 PM PDT
funny, I use parental control for myself too, to make sure the 3D stays off. 3D just makes me queasy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2011 3:50:09 PM PDT
ah Virtual console, that's the main reason I bought the 3DS for. I don't use the 3D setting at all, makes me ill.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 9:07:04 PM PDT
darkness says:
to me as a hole they really didnt put much of a thought into the 3d part of it the ds. most games have you move the screen which messes with the range of 3d making it pointless and most people cant look at for long without some head issues

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 12:54:25 AM PDT
Jacob. B says:
i usually start with it on then turn it off after a wile because it starts to hurt my eyes.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 7:18:47 AM PDT
ML says:
Switch back and forth between 2d and 3d

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 12:25:57 PM PDT
Beccaree says:
the 3d is beautiful. I have it cranked all the way and I never take it off.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 1:03:40 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
I love the 3D effect too ... I'm surprised by the number of folks not using it ... I find it a tremendous amount of help, to say nothing of how gorgeous the graphics appear with it on ... Navi bugging me to take a break is a tad pesky. even in Pilot Wings you constantly get that message. I don't find it causes me any eye strain whatsoever, can play for hours ....

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 1:51:37 PM PDT
I've been using it on and off i guess, it's a little intense for me at times so i usually just scale it down and/or turn it off when necessary. I think it's absolutely beautiful but there are times when it works better than others. I dont think it's a "tremendous amount of help" for me because i normally play in a super bright area which takes away the majority of the 3d effect and i tend to my move my arms and hands a lot when i play which gives you the blur and double image effect (this is something i'm working on getting better at haha), but i don't think anyone could disagree with the fact that this is the best use of 3d by the 3ds so far

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 7:46:02 AM PDT
D. Watson says:
I only use it during the cut scenes, when first entering a new temple, boss introductions, and any other beautiful scene. It's too much on my eyes to use during gameplay.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 3:22:31 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I found turning the 3D off makes the game look blurrier and less colorful. The 3D effect in this game is amazing, even if it adds nothing to the gameplay.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 7:38:04 PM PDT
Riiiiptide says:
I agree with GarionOrb. I guess if your eyes cannot handle the 3D constantly, then obviously you need to balance your health with the graphics of a video game. After more than a decade of intense gaming and just staring at screens all the time, 5 hours (that's all I can get out of my Nintendo 3DS battery in one run) of 3D gaming is nothing :).

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 6:45:18 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
3D full bore all the time. I'm lucky and I don't get headaches from it, and have had 3 hour sessions playing in 3D.

Game is absolutely mesmerizing in 3D; best utilization of the feature I've seen for this console so far. Just have to get used to not moving the console during action scenes or you can get disoriented easily.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  47
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Jun 20, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (762)