Wholesome Sweeteners Fairtrade Organic Raw Blue Agave is a natural sweetener extracted from the core of the Blue Agave plant. Fairtrade Organic Raw Blue Agave is a smooth, delicious low glycemic syrup that is a ideal for sweetening coffee, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, yoghurt, cereal and more. It is also great in smoothies, iced tea, or cocktails as it dissolves quickly in cold beverages. Agave is easy to use in baking too. Try it wherever you would use a tabletop sugar. You can also find great recipes using our Organic Raw Blue Agave on our website at www.wholesomesweeteners.com. The sweet, mild nectar is 25% sweeter than sugar so less is needed. Organic Raw Blue Agave is heated at low temperatures so is suitable for raw food enthusiasts. Agave is non-crystallising and dissolves quickly in hot or cold beverages. No refrigeration is required. Our Organic Raw Blue Agave is naturally gluten-free, suitable for vegans, and Non-GMO Project Verified . It is low glycemic with a glycemic index of 39 or less. You get natural sweetness without the blood sugar spike. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave Syrup has been tested by an independent glycemic lab. Glycemic index will vary from person to person, depending on how each person metabolises sugar, and on other foods consumed at the same time. The Fairtrade Certified logo is Wholesome Sweeteners' guarantee that our farming cooperatives are paid directly for the agave grown. This means that farmers can compete with factory farms, cultivate the quality of their crops, send their kids to school and build thriving communities. Thank you for choosing Wholesome Sweeteners and helping to make the world a sweeter place.
About the Brand
Wholesome Sweeteners brings the very best of nature's sweetness to you and your family every day. Wholesome believes in traditional ways, artisanal products and a very light environmental footprint. After searching the world for the best products, Wholesome has focused on the tropics, where the climate and conditions are just right for growing organic sweeteners. With Fair Trade Certified™ organic and natural sweeteners from Central and South America and Africa, Wholesome is committed to making the world a sweeter place, one spoonful at a time.
- Founded in 1995 in Sugar Land, Texas, Wholesome Sweeteners supplies the American market the highest quality natural and organic sweeteners from around the world.
- Wholesome Sweeteners pioneered efforts to bring sugar and honey into the Fair Trade movement and was the first to bring Fair Trade Certified sweeteners to American markets. Wholesome Sweeteners now offers a wide range of Fair Trade Certified, organic and natural sweeteners produced by traditional methods from natures best resources.
|Fair Trade Certification is a promise that: |
- Farmers cooperatives are paid directly (no middlemen).
- The members receive a fair and reliable set price for their crops.
- The cooperative has access to loans and additional premiums for community and business development.
- Its trade, not aid. Cooperatives decide how the money is invested; the only stipulation is that every member has a vote in how the inves™ent is made.
The Fair Trade Certified™ logo represents Wholesome's commi™ent to consumers that a fair premium price is paid to the farmers cooperatives that supply Wholesomes Fair Trade products.
Since initiating the Fair Trade Certified program in 2005, Wholesome Sweeteners has paid more than $800,000 directly to Fair Trade cooperative partners in Costa Rica, Malawi, Mexico and Paraguay. Fair Trade means that farmers can send their kids to school, keep their land, develop the quality of their harvest and build thriving communities.
Beyond the parameters of Fair Trade Certification, Wholesome selects suppliers based on a demonstrated commi™ent to social responsibility and community outreach.
Wholesome Sweeteners' ethos is shaped by a deep concern for the long-term health of the planet and all of its inhabitants.
The USDA Organic logo is Wholesome's promise that we hold every product to the highest environmental standard. Each product bearing the USDA Organic logo has been grown and milled to USDA Organic standards, without the aid of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or chemicals.
Wholesome uses traditional methods:
- Fair Trade certification includes a commitment to sustainable agriculture. In recent years, unprecedented acreage has been converted from conventional agriculture to organic cultivation, reducing exposure to pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- From the seed stock to harvest, our sugar cane is cultivated and harvested by hand and grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.
- Wholesomes cane fields are never burned. During the harvest, trimmings are allowed to stay where they fall, decomposing naturally, returning nutrients to the soil, helping protect topsoil and ground water and providing habitat for wildlife.
- At the small mills in Costa Rica, Malawi and Paraguay, our sweeteners are made simply and the spent sugar cane, called bagasse, is often recycled as fuel to generate electricity for the mill and nearby villages.
- Deep in Southern Mexicos jungles, honeybees browse on lush wildflowers without exposure to antibiotics or chemicals.