|Price:||$47.16 ($0.25 / Ounce) & FREE Shipping. Details|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $11.49 shipping
Wholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organic Sucanat (Brown Sugar), 16-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 12)
- Pack of 12, (16 ounce pounches) - total of 192 ounces
- A genuine whole sugar with a rich molasses flavor; source of iron
- Especially great in chocolate-based recipes and barbecue sauces, oatmenal, or to flavor beverages
- Gluten-free, vegan and kosher
- Packaging may vary
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Brand
- Founded in 1995 in Sugar Land, Texas, Wholesome Sweeteners supplies the American market the highest quality natural and organic sweeteners from around the world.
- Wholesome Sweeteners pioneered efforts to bring sugar and honey into the Fair Trade movement and was the first to bring Fair Trade Certified sweeteners to American markets. Wholesome Sweeteners now offers a wide range of Fair Trade Certified, organic and natural sweeteners produced by traditional methods from natures best resources.
The Fair Trade Certified™ logo represents Wholesome's commi™ent to consumers that a fair premium price is paid to the farmers cooperatives that supply Wholesomes Fair Trade products.
Since initiating the Fair Trade Certified program in 2005, Wholesome Sweeteners has paid more than $800,000 directly to Fair Trade cooperative partners in Costa Rica, Malawi, Mexico and Paraguay. Fair Trade means that farmers can send their kids to school, keep their land, develop the quality of their harvest and build thriving communities.
Beyond the parameters of Fair Trade Certification, Wholesome selects suppliers based on a demonstrated commi™ent to social responsibility and community outreach.
Wholesome Sweeteners' ethos is shaped by a deep concern for the long-term health of the planet and all of its inhabitants.
The USDA Organic logo is Wholesome's promise that we hold every product to the highest environmental standard. Each product bearing the USDA Organic logo has been grown and milled to USDA Organic standards, without the aid of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or chemicals.
Wholesome uses traditional methods:
- Fair Trade certification includes a commitment to sustainable agriculture. In recent years, unprecedented acreage has been converted from conventional agriculture to organic cultivation, reducing exposure to pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- From the seed stock to harvest, our sugar cane is cultivated and harvested by hand and grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.
- Wholesomes cane fields are never burned. During the harvest, trimmings are allowed to stay where they fall, decomposing naturally, returning nutrients to the soil, helping protect topsoil and ground water and providing habitat for wildlife.
- At the small mills in Costa Rica, Malawi and Paraguay, our sweeteners are made simply and the spent sugar cane, called bagasse, is often recycled as fuel to generate electricity for the mill and nearby villages.
- Deep in Southern Mexicos jungles, honeybees browse on lush wildflowers without exposure to antibiotics or chemicals.
Size: Pack of 12
Lot code is production date : For Ex: 13014JX : 13-Year, 014-Julian date and had endless shelf life
Dehydrated Sugar Cane Juice.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
When holding this sugar in the palm of your hand, you will notice the irregularity of the crystals and the "dark brown sugar" color. This does have a flavor that is reminiscent of brown sugar and yet the texture is much more natural and the crystals take longer to melt on your tongue.
Recently I've been discovering a variety of more natural sweeteners. This on is perfect for tea because it not only adds sweetness; it adds a caramel flavor to teas in which you use milk. There is a purity in the flavor and you feel better because you are supporting organic farms and keeping your body healthy.
This is a one-for-one replacement for refined white or brown sugar.
Sucanat is made from 100% certified organic sugar cane. The sugar cane is "green cut." This means the fields are not burned and the leaves and tops of the cane plant are left in the field. The sugar is minimally processed and once the sugar cane is harvested it is pressed to squeeze out all the cane juice. This juice is then clarified, filtered and evaporated. This helps to remove excess water. The syrup is then crystallized and a sugar with a molasses flavor is produced. There are also vitamins, minerals and trace elements from the sugar cane plant. One teaspoon of Sucanat contains 10mg of Potassium and 6mg of Calcium.
If you are still using white sugar, try Sucanat. It might surprise you with added flavor, goodness and purity. I find the flavor to be superior to refined white sugar. This sugar will add a touch of caramel flavor to all your baking.
If you are looking for an even deeper flavor for chocolate recipes, try Muscovado sugar.Read more ›
One caveat, though, and it is absolutely not a strike against this product: it won't make traditional caramel! Be forewarned. When heated and melted, it becomes molasses. I happen to like the bitter, smoky taste, but it didn't really suit the recipe. I'll just stick with its natural caramel qualities from now on.
This small issue aside, it is a delicious, rich-tasting and high-quality product that will contribute a deep, full, warm taste and not just direct sweetness, to whatever you're cooking.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
not for everything it has a very strong molasses taste good for baking and certain beverages but I wouldn't use it for tea unless you like molasses flavoringPublished 24 days ago by not so fast
This is my first time using and it taste great, price is great. You get a lot for your money. Must try any where you use sugar.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Tastes like real brown sugar with only half of the calories plus a little boost of sweetness. My favorite product to bake with!Published 4 months ago by April C.
This sugar is so flavorful, has a rich and earthy molasses taste, is super moist, and our shipment was here within two days of ordering. good stuff.Published 4 months ago by Floyd Hale
In the last 9 months my husband and I have been removing refined sugars and flours from our diets. Since doing so he has noticed a significant change in my overall health. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Domestic Yetti
I never tried Sucanat before, and I was thinking that this would be the equivalent to organic brown sugar. Read morePublished 6 months ago by David