5.0 out of 5 stars Great Voice for Kids
Published on June 4, 2007 by Sandra Dutton

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay
This book covers the basics--which is good for many kids, these days, when manners seem to be lost (but very necessary). It is funny enough, but did not hold my kids' interest over and over.
Published on February 17, 2007 by H. Westerberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Voice for Kids, June 4, 2007
This review is from: Whoopi's Big Book of Manners (Hardcover)
With a great voice for kids--as if she were not that far removed from being one herself, Whoopi Goldberg begins with the admonition that "Nobody wants to see your finger in your nose." From there we move through a series of vignettes--forgetting to use important words such as "thank you," interrupting, sneezing without a handkerchief, not cleaning up your mess, being a bad sport (school, home, neighborhood and foreign travel are covered) until we learn that none of these is as bad as "picking your nose, which you can do [page unfolds showing a small boy in a woodshed, finger approaching nose] only if no one sees you." It's a bold admission sure to please young readers. The mixed media illustrations by Alexander Sroczyski are colorful and energetic, with pop-eyed characters who sneeze, interrupt, whine, make a mess, and grab for food. A note in the lower right hand corner of each double-page spread alerts us to yet another manners atrocity when we turn the page. And so we learn and laugh, and promise never to put our finger in our nose [unless we're standing in the woodhouse and no one can see us].

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Whoopi, January 15, 2007
This review is from: Whoopi's Big Book of Manners (Hardcover)
Whoopi's humor is very funny and age appropriate. The basic manner messages are on target for today's young children. The illustrations by Olo are quite humorous and keep the children giggling. I highly recommend this book for those who want to give their child a little nudge toward remembering their manners!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Book Big Fun, March 8, 2007
This review is from: Whoopi's Big Book of Manners (Hardcover)
My Kindergarten students love this book. I bought it to revisit manners and the children really enjoyed it. It has great illustrations and discusses manners in a humorous way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book about manners with Entertainment!, March 11, 2007
This review is from: Whoopi's Big Book of Manners (Hardcover)
Great Book for kids to learn about manners in a fun and entertaining environment! I have a 6 year old boy and this book kept him interersted and laughing while learning. At first he did not want to read about "manners" but very quickly his opinion changed as we read. I would definately recommend this book for your little one's library -it's a keeper!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, February 17, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, July 26, 2008
This review is from: Whoopi's Big Book of Manners (Hardcover)
Whoopi got it right. I think young children today are NOT getting taught manners and many adults are losing the manners they were taught. Great book then to read to your children for their education and for adults a refresher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes some manners I had forgotten, August 27, 2007
This review is from: Whoopi's Big Book of Manners (Hardcover)
This is a great book for kids as well as adults. It is well written with funny illustrations. I would recommend it and am planning on buying a few more for gifts. (Review by my wife.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and funny to read, January 11, 2007
Sophia (Valhalla, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whoopi's Big Book of Manners (Hardcover)
This is a great book for little ones and big ones too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainingly educational, September 18, 2010
My grandchildren were entertained by this hilarious take on manners. Entertaining and educational.Good job Whoopi!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with Manners, August 23, 2010
I bought two, one for my 5 year old grandson and my 8 year old female cousin. They both enjoyed their books. My grandson corrected his eight years older brother every chance he got.

Whoopi's Big Book of Manners
Whoopi's Big Book of Manners by Whoopi Goldberg (Hardcover - October 1, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.24