5.0 out of 5 stars Educational insight
I found this book extremely helpful in explaining the syndrome of manipulation, and more importantly, it gave me some practical advice for responding and feeling less like a victim. I learned two stark realities from reading it. First of all, do not attempt to reason with a manipulator, as their feelings and needs are all that matter to them and you are wasting your time...
Published on October 18, 2008 by Sharon

1.0 out of 5 stars Well written just not what I thought
It seemed to deal more with workplace scenarios. I thought it was going to deal with deeper issues in relationships. It was well written and easy to read but it just wasn't what I was looking for.
Published 7 months ago by Lorrie Thompson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars It has some helpful tools, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Who's Pulling Your Strings?: How to Break the Cycle of Manipulation and Regain Control of Your Life (Paperback)
I will give it that, that there is helpful tools. It gives you different scenerios of manipultive situations. And It truly opened my eyes to everything around me. But the author seems to just keep repeating herself so much that it's make it hard to stay focused on.

5.0 out of 5 stars changed my life, June 15, 2013
This book really changed my life. I went from a pushover, repressed individual to a strong assertive man. Now I can respect myself. i couldn't before this book. There are others to add to the collection, but this? This book needs to be in your collection if you can't say no to certain people, find yourself manipulated in any way and wish that you were stronger.

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone who is being manipulated, March 4, 2010
I've recommended and lent this book to so many people. I have read it myself many times. I love that it's so easy to read and EXTREMELY practical. It has several quizzes and questionnaires in there that can help someone see their need to make changes. It offers understanding of the process of manipulation - why and how it works and how to overcome living under manipulation. It offers support for the fear that comes with setting boundaries with manipulators. I can't think of anything good that the book left out - it seemed to me it has everything someone would need to know on the topic to understand and "regain control of your life."

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 Book Read on Anyone Who Is Manipulating YOU!!!, November 27, 2011
Amazon Customer (GARDEN CITY, MICHIGAN, US) - See all my reviews
I am a psychology major in college with a long list of people who have been "Pulling My Strings," including the current relationship I am in. This book has opened my eyes, not only to my intimate relationship, but with my teenager, family members, and co-workers that have and do manipulate me and others. The book describes many people with certain personality traits who are "targets" for manipulators, and how to change YOUR behaviors to cut the strings. The methods introduced in this book will also help you, as it has me, to stop the manipulator and manipulation STOP dead in his or her tracks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful but no practical solution, February 12, 2014
I found the book to be well written, and it did offer a great deal of insight into the minds and motivations of manipulative people. But I honestly did not find the suggested plans of action to be practical in forms of resolving most people's real-life problems with the people pulling their strings. At least they were certainly things that do not apply in my personal circumstances.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life, December 29, 2013
lynn (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I was working for a horrible and manipulative boss when I came across this book. While I don't like the title of the book, I thought the advice in it was some of the best I've ever received about identifying and learning how to deal with difficult and manipulative people - not just people you work with, but also people you might date/be in a relationship or family. I ended up purchasing 6 copies of this book for other friends that were going through similar experiences.
Thank you Harriet Braiker!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book. Yes, I recommend you read it, March 14, 2012
To be clear, this book deals with the manipulations that use guilt, fear and passive aggression to get a result - something I call "bad" Manipulation.

As someone who has written on how to be a "good" manipulator, WHO IS PULLING YOUR STRINGS? reveals how to deal with all the bad coercive manipulations that are out there.

I'm very impressed. There is no way to change a manipulator so don't try. What you CAN do is change the relationship by changing how you relate to the manipulation.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK. It's worth every penny.

Dantalion Jones
(Author of lots of books on Mind control. Just search "Dantalion Jones" on amazon.com)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me immensly and I highly recommend it., April 24, 2014
I started reading this book when I was midway through another about over eating due to stress. I realized the overeating was just one symptom and the 'eating' book wasn't helping reduce the huge guilty knot in my stomach. The actual problem was I being manipulated. While reading this book that knot started to melt away and all I felt was excited and enlightened. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is under the burden of manipulation and guilt. Thank you Harriet B Braiker for writing this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, May 22, 2014
I owe a big thank you to the author for writing this book. It has helped me strengthen myself and my personality to be able to face those who in my life were manipulating me. Being manipulated only leaves you feeling hurt. I have grown and learned to stand up for myself. I could NOT of done it without the advice in this book. I know I did the work on myself but this book is what guided me & gave me practical advice on how to handle the situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!, February 15, 2014
This book is literally amazing & made me realize the people in my life who I didn't even realize we're manipulators actually are. I encourage anyone and everyone who has ever been in a low point in their life to read this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›