Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 12, 2014
very good overall. a little long-winded in places and at times suggests being manipulative as a means to avoid being manipulated but provides lots of detail on other healthier strategies for dealing with manipulative individuals. also suggests ways to eliminate thought patterns that make you susceptible to manipulation. stays on topic throughout and is written for people of all backgrounds. great read for people that fail to have consistent personal boundaries.
on March 14, 2012
To be clear, this book deals with the manipulations that use guilt, fear and passive aggression to get a result - something I call "bad" Manipulation.

As someone who has written on how to be a "good" manipulator, WHO IS PULLING YOUR STRINGS? reveals how to deal with all the bad coercive manipulations that are out there.

I'm very impressed. There is no way to change a manipulator so don't try. What you CAN do is change the relationship by changing how you relate to the manipulation.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK. It's worth every penny.

Dantalion Jones
(Author of lots of books on Mind control. Just search "Dantalion Jones" on amazon.com)
on March 17, 2014
This book is absolutely necessary if you want to know more about the tools manipulators use (consciously or unconsciously) to get what they want from you. You might even see some tactics that you have used yourself, whether you knew it at the time or not. What this book did for me is gave me the tools to recognize it instantly rather than realize it after the fact. This is especially good for people in relationships that are toxic, despite whatever love that may exist there. The reason I gave it four out of five is due to the fact that it does get a bit repetitive, though I suppose that depends on the perspective of the reader. There were entire sections of the book that seemed like they were written just for me, while others did not connect with me as much. Overall, a great book for anyone, whether they are experiencing manipulation now, have experienced it in the past, or want the tools to recognize it in the future.
on June 15, 2013
This book really changed my life. I went from a pushover, repressed individual to a strong assertive man. Now I can respect myself. i couldn't before this book. There are others to add to the collection, but this? This book needs to be in your collection if you can't say no to certain people, find yourself manipulated in any way and wish that you were stronger.
on July 12, 2011
This is the most practical book on the subject. You have tips on how to react, or in most cases how not to! Get this alongside Emotional Vampires: Dealing With People Who Drain You Dry and Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You

Then you'll be armed to the teeth!

*Btw don''t bother with the book "In sheep's clothing", it goes nowhere.
on April 24, 2014
I started reading this book when I was midway through another about over eating due to stress. I realized the overeating was just one symptom and the 'eating' book wasn't helping reduce the huge guilty knot in my stomach. The actual problem was I being manipulated. While reading this book that knot started to melt away and all I felt was excited and enlightened. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is under the burden of manipulation and guilt. Thank you Harriet B Braiker for writing this.
on May 11, 2013
I can't say that this book is great but it is helpful. My husband & I both read it & our main complaint about it was that a lot of the information given is a bit repetitive. It could have been half the pages long and would have been just as effective. Worth reading but still not a great book in our opinion.
on August 13, 2012
I will give it that, that there is helpful tools. It gives you different scenerios of manipultive situations. And It truly opened my eyes to everything around me. But the author seems to just keep repeating herself so much that it's make it hard to stay focused on.
on October 2, 2013
Am only 50 pages into this book and I know it will be incredibly helpful in future dealings with manipulative people. The author writes in a very straightforward and knowledgeable manner, and I am extremely pleased with the education I'm getting with each turn of the page. A must read for anyone in need of learning to protect themselves from manipulators. This book will make you aware of what YOU are doing to bring that about and by doing so, you'll learn how to stop yourself from being consistently victimized .Excellent book.
on March 29, 2013
Wow! The professionals know so much more than we ordinary lay-people, it's no wonder we get chewed up and spit out by the manipulators.
A normal person - that is to say, a decent person - has absolutely no defense against these predatory monsters, simply because a normal person is good-hearted, and kind, and giving - most often - especially compared to these takers and users.
There is one rule of thumb: You have stuff, and they want it, and they are experts at weaseling it away from you.
They'll take everything you've got, and leave you flat, and drained, and never bat an eye.
One very big thought: Who in your life usually is the closest to you, and has the most inside knowledge of your situation, and tells you that they have your very best interests at heart?
Look no further than your own family members, if that would come as any surprise to you.
That's why this book is so valuable - to help us understand that there are some real bad actors out there, and we may already be interacting with them every day, and just don't know it.