5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book
I was so happy to hear of this book on the NYTimes book review and see board books (along with partner book Whose Toes are Those) written for African American toddlers. My son is 18 months old and this is his favorite book! He carries it everywhere and forces me to read it over and over and over and over at bedtime.
Published on October 3, 2006 by Jabari's Mommy

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
I didn't like this book at all
Published 10 days ago by Christine Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, October 3, 2006
Jabari's Mommy (Union, NJ United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this book!, July 22, 2006
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
When I saw "Whose knees are these" I scooped it up just because I was so excited to see knees that looked like my son's on the cover of a book. Andrew absolutely adores this book and takes it everywhere. He's 14 months and loves showing mommy, daddy and grandparents his knees all the time now. I want every book by Jabari Asim now... and I thank God that someone is writing board books for black babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars (RAW Rating: 4.5) - Knees. Knees, Knees, February 9, 2007
The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers (RAWSISTAZ.com and BlackBookReviews.net) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
Jabari Asim has created a wonderful board book featuring characters of color that centers around, you guessed it, knees. The story starts with a question, that is sure to give a sense of mystery and intrigue to even the youngest of readers; "Whose knees are these?" Throughout the book, which is filled with fun illustrations, readers follow along until the narrator finally figures out to whom the mysterious knees belong.

WHOSE KNEES ARE THESE is an engaging celebration of individuality. The fun, rhyming language, and the overall simplicity of the story itself make it perfect for the target age group. In addition to celebrating uniqueness, the book promotes body awareness, introduces the concept of left and right, and encourages positive self-image and familial bonds. Toddlers, who often enjoy reading the same book over and over, can quickly pick up the book's content, and may even chose to "read" it to their parents.

Reviewed by Stacey Seay
of The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures of a brown baby, October 18, 2009
K. M. Bundy (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
It is very challenging to find children's books with little brown babies, unless they're about diversity issues. This is just a simple body parts board book but it is fitting for my biracial baby with "sparkling eyes." I can't wait to get "Who's Knees are these?"

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, January 4, 2009
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
This book is quickly becoming my 5 month old son favorite. The vibrant colors and ryhme captivate his attention and help to build a foundation for a love of reading. He turns the pages and listen attentively again and again. I am sure we will be reading this book for the next few year. I also purchased this book and whose toes are those as gifts for babyshowers. They were a big hit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Whose Knees Are These?, April 30, 2009
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
My grandson loves this book. He especially like the last picture of a smiling brown face that reflects his own.
There are other books in this series , that would be a good choice for leaarning body parts. This book is a loving tribute to toddlers everywhere. A worthwhile purchase and a board book, which is a good choice for toddlers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 11, 2009
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
One of our favorite children's books. I love it together with "Whose Toes Are Those?" One caveat - after a few reads, it will become embedded into your memory. You'll find yourself walking around reciting it!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOO CUTE!!!, April 6, 2008
P.R. RRT,RCP (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
I got this and several other books for my 20 month old grandson. He loves this book. He looks at the knees in the book and then looks at his knees. He laughs and giggles!!! This book is TOO CUTE!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lynn, mother of twins, September 18, 2007
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
I purchased this book, along with "Whose Toes are Those?" for my twin boy and girl. They both love them! I think that these are great African-American books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, September 26, 2009
This review is from: Whose Knees are These? (Board book)
I enjoy reading this to my son. It's great to have some options that depict black children.

Whose Knees are These?
Whose Knees are These? by Jabari Asim (Board book - March 1, 2006)
$6.99 $5.94