Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 16, 2012
I laughed several times through out this film. My five star rating is based on this being a B-rate movie. I'm thinking back on the parts now that had me laughing and I'm telling you, go for it. I'm glad they picked the cover picture that they did, that's what reeled me in. The director did a good job covering his bases, and I bet if you're Asian American you'll be able to appreciate this even more. This movie could have been a disaster and I'm pretty tough on "corny" things yet he did some ninja script writing to avoid that. It could use just a little bit of tightening up, to shave about 10 minutes off. However, Im giving an extra point for some of the really good parts that got a little deep (Movie Reference but not a spoiler "Oh when the Saints"). He definitely kept it real. This would be a good movie for 18 to 35ish to watch. But I bet my parents who are not in that braket at all would enjoy this film too. In my opinion I'd say this movie isn't predictable either, which was nice!

SPOILER BEYOND THIS PART

I have to say, I must have laughed the hardest on the part where the mom threw a knife at her husband's leg. Crazy lady!
on January 12, 2013
Yeah, the movie is cute and unfortunately realistic! I don't really remember laughing, but it's nice to watch something light and meaningful. It could have been a little shorter, but I really enjoyed the multiethnic approach! I think I understood the approach and I definitely appreciated watching something with some value without all of the morbidity and immoral degradation.
on July 19, 2013
Boring kept going back between being a movie based on a true story and a documentary. The characters are dull andre storyline is weak.
on April 30, 2013
Really well written. Well thought out characters. There's comedy, a little bit of drama, a little romance (and it's realistic unlike almost every other movie ever). It's funny. It seemed longer than it was but I really enjoyed this.
on November 9, 2013
Simple movie with powerful execution. Excellent acting by the main as well as the supporting cast and well done by the rest of the production team
on January 17, 2014
Lackluster, non-exciting movie with bad acting. This movie will put you to sleep. Do not waste your money. This was the most boring movie ever
on December 16, 2012
While unsure of how this film showed up in my genre search, I'm so glad it did. Funny, refreshing, quirky and layered, with excellent acting, my question now is, where's it been hiding. Great movie!