Why is Amazon so slow to release this? I've seen posts that the lens has shipped via Amazon US and Adorama US but my order still states it has not been released and a delivery date of March 14 through May 11. Why is Amazon so slow?
asked by Scott J. Pakulski on February 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 answers
A
votes
The 35mm f/1.8 G AF-S DX lens was made in China too. Had that one for two+ years now and it's been my primary glass on my D90. Never had an issue with it! It is also a great lens...
Scott J. Pakulski answered on March 24, 2012

A
votes
You are absolutely right on that Scott. The 35 1.8 is also a Chinese made lens. Same here ... that 35 1.8 was the first lens on my D90 (which is made in Thailand) and is still my go-to prime lens. I feel like this 85 mm is definitely more a portrait lens given the effective focal length on the D90. It performs superbly tho. I think the only two Japanese lenses i own are Toknia's. I don't understand why its important where a lens is made tho? Is it about the QC??
Alain J. Dsouza answered on March 25, 2012

A
vote
Just walked into a mom&pop shop in NJ and picked up this lens. So much for waiting on this product to be released.
Justin answered on March 23, 2012

A
votes
Mine will finally arrive today!
Scott J. Pakulski answered on March 20, 2012

A
votes
I am still waiting....
thankdream answered on March 20, 2012

A
votes
When did you order. My order was from about 10 AM EST on January 6th...
Scott J. Pakulski answered on March 20, 2012

A
votes
I ordered just a month ago...I guess I have to wait a while
thankdream answered on March 21, 2012

A
votes
I've been reading that the mom&pop camera shops have them in stock. This is BS that Amazon is claiming that these lenses have not been released yet.
Justin answered on March 22, 2012

A
votes
Yes. I saw some were shipped by Amazon US in February and mine was shipped by Amazon US earlier this week... I guess the difference was when it was ordered. The February shipments were orders in the wee hours of the morning January 6. My order was around 10 AM January 6...
Scott J. Pakulski answered on March 22, 2012

A
votes
I did the same as Justin.... just called a local store they had like 10 in stock... chose the one i felt was best....n pulled the trigger on it.... Amazon Adorama and B&H were all like ohhh i\since u haven't preordered u'll get it end-April.... Had mine bout 3 weeks now lol....
Alain J. Dsouza answered on March 23, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

ARRAY(0xd8a43b20)