Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2010 10:44:58 AM PST
Here's the perfect example of how Amazon's policy of cross-posting reviews between different releases of the same item is a bad idea.

Nearly one-sixth of the reviews for this excellent Criterion release of an excellent film give it one, two, or three stars. Of the more than 50 one-, two-, and three-star reviews, all are for crappy public-domain releases from such respected and well known distributors as A2ZCDS, Delta, and Madacy. What? You've never heard of any of these companies? There's a very good reason for that.

These unfavorable reviews for what is essentially a different product unfairly drag down the star rating, and this is not an isolated incident. Please, Amazon, stop cross-posting reviews, or at least give us the option to filter out reviews from earlier versions of an item.

Posted on May 29, 2010 9:41:54 PM PDT
D. Krysl says:
Amen! I also wondered why the rating was so low. It seems odd for such a leading company to let a mistake drag on like this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2010 2:55:56 PM PDT
Ditto! Shooting yourselves in the foot, Amazon. Moronic.

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 7:50:40 AM PDT
I agree 100%. I recently wrote a review of the Blu-ray version of The Ten Commandments. You'll be lucky to find it because it's buried within the 400+ reviews of the DVD. Amazon has this policy that once a review is submitted by a reviewer, any future reviews of the same movie is given the original submission date, even when the old review is deleted and a new one is created. Brilliant.....NOT!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa4edd054)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions