From Library Journal
Copyright 2002 Cahners Business Information, Inc.
From the Back Cover
"[Dr. Goldenthal?s] techniques...are presented with insight and clarity. This is a unique and valuable book." —William B. Carey, M.D., Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
"Peter Goldenthal gives us new insights.... This is a must-read book." —Myrna Shure, Ph.D., author of Raising a Thinking Child
Hasn?t it gone on long enough?the rivalry, the jealousy, the pent-up anger, and the grudges rooted in the past? In this book, renowned author and family psychologist Peter Goldenthal offers proven prescriptions for brothers and sisters who want to break through old, destructive patterns and create a richer, more loving, and more rewarding relationship with their adult siblings.
Using dramatic case histories drawn from his own clinical practice, Dr. Goldenthal helps you understand why adult siblings fight. Warmly and insightfully, he presents practical techniques to:
- Communicate with?and listen to?your sibling
- Free yourself from past resentments
- Cope with your sibling?s selfish or inconsiderate behavior
- Support and comfort a sibling who suffers from mood problems
- Manage a sibling?s difficult personality
- Help your children avoid sibling problems