5.0 out of 5 stars Why Can't We Get Along, April 1, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Why Can't We Get Along: Healing Adult Sibling Relationships (Paperback)
Even adult siblings sometimes can't break long-standing rivalries or anger. Instead of turning your back on the relationship, read this book, and turn a new leaf. The author gives practical communication tips that will free you from the past and allow you to look to a brighter future with your sibling. For anyone looking to improve his or her sibling relationship, don't miss this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Insight on Sibling Rivalry, December 28, 2012
Great guide for me, although I think that the author doesn't address my problem. I can't even begin to have a dialogue with my siblings because I am never allowed to speak. The discussion becomes a monologue, not a dialogue...very frustrating interactions with my siblings. The book mainly validated some of the observations/characteristics that I see with my family's dysfunctions, and would like to see change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Families, February 10, 2014
SandyA (GLORIETA, NM, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my four adult children. It's important that we understand and accept each other as God made us. With all our quirks and ways. You gotta love your siblings regardless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading..., October 7, 2013
Cricket "Cricket" (Missouri City, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Makes me think of my relationship with my own siblings. Parents play a large part in how their children relate to each other. Healing is difficult but not impossible. You can accept your differences or remove yourself from the situation for your own sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative., April 17, 2013
This book is an education in itself. Very informative. Learned alot about myself and my brothers. Helped me deal with some issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best resource for dealing with sibling problems, June 14, 2012
I've read several titles about dealing with unhappy sibling relationships.

This book is by far the best. It covers the range of the most situations in the difficult sibling spectrum and gives practical, compassionate advice on how to deal with your brother or sister.

After reading it, I felt I had a better perspective on my personal situation and the tools to handle future interactions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very timely. Just the book I needed., May 29, 2014
This book is loaded with great practicals for any relationships. I would highly recommend it. For several generations siblings in my families have been unable to get along. It's important to me that my children love and respect one another, and I long for a great relationship with my sister. The book taught me that I can be that person who can help make the changes, and break the cycle. We can not change others, but what we can do is change our attitude about them. We can build each other up according to what the others needs, encouraging positive behavior and ignore the negative.

The book is well written and easy to read.

Why Can't We Get Along: Healing Adult Sibling Relationships
Why Can't We Get Along: Healing Adult Sibling Relationships by Peter Goldenthal (Paperback - April 5, 2002)
$18.95 $12.58