5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and deeply moving
Like the first reviewer i also read this book in one sitting. I know it's silly but i felt if i stopped reading before the story was finished i was letting the victim fend for herself and i owed it to her to finish it.

Published on December 28, 2010 by Lady Angell

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing something
Published on May 5, 2011 by Sharon LePere

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and deeply moving, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)

I found myself very angry during part of the book. I wanted the "mother" (i use the term lightly as she most certainly does not qualify to parent anyone in my opinion) to hurt for all the mental and physical pain she was putting her child thru.

To the author: You are an amazing, inspirational woman. To survive what you did and not turn out to be a drooling, medicated zombie is astounding. Some people might give up hope and feel that their lot in life was to be nothing after being treated the way you were. I will never forget your story and will hug my kids extra tight and listen to them more carefully from here on out. Thank you for sharing your story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Memoir, December 21, 2010
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in one sitting tonight. It was that good. I thought it was very thought provoking, and my heart went out to that little girl who suffered so much at the hands of the one person in life who is supposed to love you the most. To the author, your reward in heaven will be huge. This book will forever change the way I parent my two kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and inspiring, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
It was a great book, I read it in one day because I could not put it down. I wanted to see how she got away from a person that called themselves a mother.I cried for the pain that she went through and for other kids that have experienced the same thing. She is a brave person and remarkable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Everyone's Childhood Is A Comfortable One, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
I haven't finished this book yet, but I have to say, I have had a few friends over the years that were abused by their parents. This is not an easy road to travel. It's not an easy thing to read, or write about. I think these authors who lay it out on the table like this are quite brave. This really is a cry to be understood and a cry to understand oneself. That is how I perceive this book. I feel that the author was really exploring her past and working through some demons. I clicked on this book Why Me after recently reading Seven Years of Surrender by Cassandra Blizzard, which was a powerfully written book. I read Ms. Blizzard's book in one day. Could not put it down. These women went through hell and came out the other side whole again. Not everyone can take these abusive situations and go on to live a full, complete life. I cried when reading both books. It's impossible not to. Hard to believe that any human being could harm another. But there it is. It exists in our society. Some of what I read here in Why Me seems extreme. This mother had to have been completely mental, victimizing her own child. For those reviewers who may not believe a mother could do that, there are thousands of displaced children who are products of abusive mothers. I applaud these brave women who are willing to lay themselves bare to the public, knowing that they could be criticized for it, but going on anyway. I wish the author the best in her life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a life to live..., July 25, 2011
Healing Daughter (Orange, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
What a compelling story. It's so hard to imagine that such a horrible childhood could exist. I thought I had issues with my mother, but this make my issues look small. However, the fact that she came out of it all with an amazing outlook on life. The Prologue was so relatable and I benefited from it with my own personal healing. I just purchased her 2nd book and look forward to reading it!

FAST READ!! Very easy to follow and you want to know what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book describes child abuse, July 31, 2011
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
Having lived it myself I can completely relate to the author, her mother and her bullies. Some have posted they can't believe a mother would do this. Yes they can be sadistic torturers. For those who see child abuse or suspect it I would strongly recommend reporting it. That is the true underlying story here. I felt just as helpless as the author when authority figures didn't step in and do the right thing (or anything for that matter). If only one person would have said something, for any of us kids, that have been through this... it would have been welcome. But too many adults turn their heads and I do not know why.

Much like the author my abuse ended when I finally grew up and was able to stand up to my torturer(s). But the 15 years before that was hell on earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Resiliance of the human spirit, July 26, 2011
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
The abuse this child suffered shocked me. Her mother and step-father were mental cases and should have been stripped of their parental rights and thrown in jail. I'm amazed the author didn't spiral into drugs, alcohol, get pregnant, etc., but survived and went on with her life. Amazing woman. How many other children are suffering right now with parents like that? Heartbreaking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing something, May 5, 2011
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
Even though I could not put this book down until I finished, and my heart goes out to Sarah, I wonder why she left out an important part of her story. With one kidney when did you have the other removed? How was your recovery with such an abusive mother? Was she abusive during that time? That is a major operation and would require alot of care for a long period. How did she treat you then? Seems like a very important part of your life has been left out and I would have liked to have heard how she was as a care giver. Something missing here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Me?, April 5, 2011
A. Wrenn (Chesapeake, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
I am eleven years old and coming from reading the child called it series this is not much dfferent. Looking at the thimgs her mother does you would think that she has some type of pschological problems such as dealing with feelings. I camt even imagine how she must feel on the inside or what she is thinking. This book is an overall wowtastic/makes me say wow and is fantastic. Brooklynn Wrenn

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, December 30, 2010
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
So I bought this book 30 min ago...and I'm done reading it...the whole time i cried thinking how could a parent do this to thier child? What on earth could fill their heart with so much hatred. It is a good book but very sad in the meaning of the book comes from true life events. I'm so glad the lady in this book was able to get out ALIVE rather then the kinds you hear about on the news.

Why Me?