Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?: More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 27, 2007
This book has three types of entries; Pretty interesting medical ephemera; spoofs of therapy sessions the authors are allegedly doing; and Instant Messenger chat transcripts between the two authors. The medical questions get a 4 star. The humorous therapy transcripts are actually pretty funny, at least for someone in the field--I note a prior reviewer did not realize they were tongue in cheek. Then there are the IM's. These are about as funny as being in a room full of drunks when you're the only one sober. They're juvenile and funny only to the authors. Time to can 'em.
on August 7, 2006
Normally, I read these types of books for the information and this book does offer quite a bit of interesting and useful information. However, I found myself skipping the inane IM transcripts and short story-like intros because: 1) they weren't nearly as clever as the authors apparently think they are, 2)don't add anything to the wealth of information found in the remainder of the book, and 3)are boring. I felt like I only got half a book, since I started to only read the questions and answers. I bought both this book and the previous, but may have to skip the next one if they continue to waste so much of my time and money. C'mon guys -- more Q&A, less blah blah blah!
on August 13, 2006
I had seen the previous book advertised but had not read it, when I saw this new book in the store I decided to give it a try. Myself, my husband and my 18 year old son have now read the book. I have to admit that there were parts(mostly bathroom humor) that my menfolk found more entertaining than I did. We ALL had several laugh outloud moments!!! I am a maternity nurse in southern California and I found the information offered in that section of the book to be both accurate and entertaining. We all felt like we were just sitting around laughing with a couple of goofball friends who happen to have a little bit of knowledge on the subject matter.(Just enough to be dangerous) The only thing I would improve is to possibly tone down the language a touch so I would feel better to let my 14 year old daughter read it.
on January 27, 2007
I actually bought this book after browsing through it in a store. The pages I leafed through were strictly 'factoid' pages, answering some pretty interesting little questions. I'm a sucker for books akin to the 'Schott's Original Miscellany" series and so I bought this book anticipating I'd come home to a nice volume of enlightening facts.

What I found was that about half of this book [or more] consists of chat transcripts of the two authors bantering to each other, obviously convinced of their own hilariousness. There are also long introduction passages to each chapter recounting very far-fetched stories. They're funny stories, don't get me wrong, but they're so reminiscent of a sitcom in nature that I personally started doubting how 'factual' the rest of their book is. I found their very self-congratulatory style of writing to be rather grating as well. It just didn't lend itself well to investing much trust in the concreteness of their answers to the touted questions.

If you're looking for stuff similar to the Schott's series, I would not reccomend this book. If you want to read chat transcripts and throwaway humor with a few bits of interesting material thrown in between, then go for it.
on August 25, 2007
Some of the questions are rediculous, for example: If I swallow a watermelon seed, will a watermelon grow in my stomach?

I hate to believe that enough people were seriously that concerned about something so rediculous that they had to print it in the book.

As for half of the other questions, you got roundabout answers that weren't really answered, but fluffed to take up room.

Not worth the buy. My suggestion is to go to your boostore, find it, flip through the questions and read the answers you are honestly curious about and save your money.
on April 4, 2007
As a scientist I read this for my own curiosity. I have a hard time keeping Leyner's books (also "Why Do Men Have Nipples") out of my students hands - they often grab it off the shelf, without asking, and become very focused. Students read this voraciously, want to learn more and ask a multitude of questions they never thought about before.

Leyner's books open the world of objective thinking and scientific curiosty wide and deep. Yes, there is much humor between the pages. These books provide the answers to questions we have not yet learned how to ask and help us ask more. Well done.
on August 2, 2006
I liked the book. It is similar to the previous one but there are more questions and answers. It is definitely interesting to read and learn new tidbits of funny and little-known info.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 1, 2008
First of all, I never knew a book like this existed. A friend of mine had the book on the coffee table and the title of the book caught my eye. It was compelling enough to pick up and start browsing through. I was drawn in by the diversity of subjects in the Table of Contents:

Battle of the Sexes
In the Kitchen
The Wide World of Sports and Exercise
No, I'm not a veterinarian
Insemination, Gestation, and Lactation
Eyes, ears, mouth and nose
Women want to know
A funny thing happened on the way to the spa
Growing pains
Natural and unnatural cures
The lost and found department

The topics in various subjects that kept me laughing and intrigued. Each chapter starts with a short vignette followed by a concise, easy to read question and answer format. I quickly read the book in an evening and I could not put it down.

Various questions that riddled the ancients include:
Why do women live longer than men?
Does barbecuing cause cancer?
Do toads cause warts?
Is a dog's mouth clean? Why do dogs wag their tails?

This book is so entertaining and compelling that you HAVE to read it.

I highly recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon November 20, 2006
In Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex, Dr. Billy Goldberg and Mark Leyner reunite to capitalize on the success of their previous novel "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" This book is written in a conversational style and easy to follow and does in fact answer the questions "you'd only ask a doctor after your third whiskey sour." The book contains lots of useful information within each response besides just the answer itself. For instance in the question "Are you more likely to die in the passenger seat during a car accident?" you also learn the origins of referring to the passenger seat by the term "shotgun." Also, instant messages between the authors add levity and insight to their already humorous commentary. This book is funny and full of all kinds of information I'd have never thought to ask. It'd be a great stocking stuffer this holiday season for anyone who prides himself on being full of useless knowledge (myself included).
VINE VOICEon September 22, 2008
There are no doubt questions that have popped into your mind that you never would consider asking your doctor. Well, here they are asked and answered. Why do men fall asleep after sex? Why do women seem to need to go to the bathroom more than men? Why do men ignore women when they are trying to talk to them? The answers to these questions, and many more, are given herein.

OK, now, you really must not take this book too seriously. Yes, one of the authors is an M.D., and emergency room doctor, but the other one is an author and screen-writer. Yep, it's a recipe for a lot of goofiness, which is just what you get. Some of the answers are serious and quite informative, some are less serious, and some less informative.

Right, this is not a serious work of medical information, instead it's a fun bit of bathroom literature. Pick it up, and have a laugh, just don't take it serious!

(Review of Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? by Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg)