Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection forum

Why NOT Twin Snakes!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2011 3:39:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2011 3:41:03 AM PDT
ERiQ TENDO says:
Why not make an HD version of MGS 1's remake Twin Snakes? I know Nintendo got something to do with it. But why not make the original over in HD? I hope its not because Kojima stole music from a russian composer? I HOPE THESE NEW GAMES DIDN'T CHANGE THE MUSIC FOR THAT MATTER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k7DrIWcrdI

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 2:06:46 PM PDT
First off, I highly doubt Kojima stole that music. I really didn't even hear huge similarities if memories serve. Anyway, the music that he "stole" has been confirmed to remain on the disc. Also, an MGS1 remake would take 2 or 3 years, that is something that may be announced on the 25th anniversary next year if were lucky. He did say he has something big planned.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 6:27:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2011 6:28:22 PM PDT
ERiQ TENDO says:
Lady what planet are you from? Everyone know that TAPPY (Tappi Iwase) the music composer grab the music from public domain. The song "Winter Road". He use that to make the theme for MGS. Konami fired him and now his work can not be identify with. Metal Gear or Kojima's work. Since then Kojima got a new music choreographers. Which delayed Snake Eater to release later 2004. Thats why the GameCube version has different music.

This should be the original mgs portable ops showtime song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcKzNS6aK0

you will hear the mgs theme in it. This was the original version. It's another song now because konami isn't allowed to use this theme for theire games since 2006. The reason? See, it was discovered that the MGS main theme sounded very, very similar to some Soviet era classical music; Sviridov's "The Winter Road".

Here is the song (the guy who made this video mixed the mgs and the "original" version but he said on wich part is the classic music) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XblPR_O9lxU

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 2:14:50 PM PDT
Like I said, I haven't seen the video in a long time, AND IF MEMORY SERVES, I didn't hear striking similarites. Go troll somewhere else.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 12:19:55 PM PDT
Bryan Willis says:
Umm, the original is in hd. Mgs1 on the pc ran at 1024x768, which half of the current gen games run a resolution smaller than that and upscale to 720p. Looks great, and DEFINATELY better than the ps1 version. Even better than running it on psxe, which makes most ps1 games look like early ps2 gen games.

I'd say the only issue with twin snakes, is that silicon nights helped make it right? So, if they included twin snakes, I'm sure they would have to get some money out of the deal. Whereas mgs 2,3, Metal gear *msx2, which is included in the us collection* 1 and 2, and peace walker were all mostly in-house production games.

The only issue is...well, the best version of mgs1, the pc port, is 20$ used on amazon at this moment. Rather pricy actually.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 5:15:26 PM PDT
Aaron says:
If I had to guess, I'd say the same thing as Bryan. It is most likely a Copyright issue. Sony does not "own" Metal Gear Solid, Konami, or Kojima in any way, shape, or form. They have simply secured exclusivity rights for the majority of the franchises releases. Only a few titles have been released on other platforms. Twin Snakes was developed by Silicon Knights and published by Konami on Nintendo's Gamecube. Given . If it was Konami who held ALL of the distribution rights, it would probably be part of this collection. The fact that Twin Snakes was ONLY released on Gamecube and that its not part of this collection suggests a non-beneficiary, Nintendo, secured exclusive rights to it and is holding onto them.
An alternative explanation would be that it made more sense to get Peace Walker on the PS3 rather than remake MGS1 which is already available. Porting Peace Walker is going to play a big role in advancing the "Transfarring" system with the Vita.
Sheila a good point by saying that Hideo Kojima has something big in store for the 25th anniversary. Could be any of those explanations, I suppose.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 7:21:07 AM PST
NameSource says:
I never got a chance to play this version of MGS1 and I always wanted to. But since I never felt the need to get a GameCube, I didn't. If they re-make that game in HD.........WITH a 3D rotating camera??? Oh...to the snap.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 2:54:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 2:54:34 PM PST
Tango Mike says:
I have heard multiple rumors and sources, but the most convincing ones I have heard, Silicon Knights was tasked by Komani and Nintendo in a joint effort, with doing a complete conversion of Metal Gear Solid for the GameCube. The music used was public domain (to cut down on costs) with the obvious exception to the theme, Nintendo does NOT own the Metal Gear Solid name in any shape way or form (Duh). The game was coded by Silicon Knights under the guidance of Shigeru Miyamoto, and Hideo Kojima, and the cutscenes completely redone in-house at Konami, and directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. I did play it thoroughly, and even with the improvements, it felt as if the cutscenes made Snake nearly a superhuman soldier, the bullet time scenes, just felt...wrong. Furthermore, the game was far too easy with the First-person views, I ran through it much easier than the original. I can see why the MGS2 additions were warranted, but nothing IMO, will take the place of the original, the way it was built, and the heart and soul poured into it. I enjoyed the Twin Snakes, but, I will never forget my first MGS playthrough, and not much, if anything can top it.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:50:34 AM PST
EpsilonX says:
I'm really glad that Twin Snakes wasn't included. The game was not meant to be played with the ability to shoot in first person mode, and the new cutscenes kinda ruin it imo.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about