Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Why is Series 2 so hard to find on dvd?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 10:26:28 AM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
Why is it like searching for the holy grail when looking for series 2 on dvd? I know it's probably the most popular season but still it shouldn't be so hard to find without paying triple the original asking price. Any news on when they might be releasing more copies?

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 9:28:16 AM PST
Christina S. says:
I agree, While I would love to buy season two to complete my new series collection there is absolutely no way I am paying over 100 dollars for it.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 3:54:32 PM PST
Arielle says:
I was wondering the exact same thing? This happened a few months back when I bought season one and now it's like 20 bucks. O.o

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 6:43:21 AM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
From what I've read they have stopped making the Second Series dvd's and I have no clue why...surely a re-release is on the horizon. If anyone ever hears any new on the second series being re released or if you find it for a reasonable price please let us know!

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:16:19 AM PST
I contacted someone at tvshowsondvd.com (best site) and they contacted a rep from BBC. I was told that all seasons have been in the process of being discontinued since 2011 (I'm thinking region 1 though). All the seasons will eventually be as hard to find as season 2. The rep from tvshowsondvd.com advised that they may be coming out with a 50th Anniversary revamp for the series on dvd (but this is not confirmed).

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 11:07:51 PM PST
Arielle says:
I wonder if a re-release is in the works, because now there are two listings for season one and one is only 25 bucks with a release date of June 19, 2012. I bought mine in August when there was only one listing and it had become unavailable just before I bought it when it became available again.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 6:49:08 PM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
I just came across it on Barnesandnoble.com for $64. Get it while you can!

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 1:26:44 PM PST
I just purchased Season Two on EBay and paid apprx $50.00. Just make sure you purchase one that fits in the US DVD players.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 1:35:35 PM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
To be on the safer side I would pay a couple more dollar and buy from Barnes and Noble since they apparently are one of the very few places to even carry it right now. Mine came in the mail a few days ago. Season 2 is now packaged in a regular dvd case and each disc has its own dedicated spot in the case. Nothing fancy about it but who cares!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 2:09:03 PM PST
Arielle says:
I bought mine from Barnes and Noble as well as soon as I saw that reply. It took about a week to be delivered, but it was worth it. Now I just need seasons three, four and six.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 7:07:56 AM PST
I noticed that on the B&N website it says "repackaged." Does that mean anything? {Is this what an above commenter meant by the season is now packaged in a regular DVD case? I don't have any DW DVDs yet so I don't have any other seasons to compare it to.}

I had no idea until recently that Doctor Who pirated DVDs are so common, and I'm feeling paranoid. :)

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 7:17:00 AM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
"Repackaged" means that the company has re released the series in different packaging. So it no longer comes in the larger box with the sleeve (like the majority of other Doctor Who releases) but instead comes in just a regular dvd case. It's legit, I got mine last week and it perfectly legit. I had even called Barnes and Noble to confirm what "repackaging" meant and they said the same as I just explained. So no worries, its new and legit, just a different case.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 7:40:21 AM PST
Oh, okay. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 9:28:03 AM PST
Claudia B. says:
Hi, just saw it! But it doesn't say anything about the region. I live in the US, so I need region 1. Are you in this region as well?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 9:33:50 AM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
Yep it's Region 1. I live in Louisiana and it's Region 1 and plays without a hitch.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 9:57:56 AM PST
Claudia B. says:
Thanks! And is it new or used? So it's really good quality? And it does include the Christmas Invasion ep, right? I think it does, love it! :)

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 10:10:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013 10:12:08 AM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
Sigh... I don't know how many times I have to say this hahah its NEW! Barnes and Noble doesn't sell used items on their main store page. It's 100% new, 100% legit it's was just re-released by the studio in a different packaging and yes it has the Christmas Invasion episode.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:22:18 AM PST
Claudia B. says:
Thank you. I just ordered it. Hope it works well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:24:27 AM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
Why wouldn't it work well?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:38:11 AM PST
Claudia B. says:
I've never ordered anything from them. Plus sometimes things go wrong with products anywhere, you know, bad luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:43:07 AM PST
Brent Lowrey says:
Barnes and Noble are a pretty decent company, I order just about everything from Amazon but have ordered from B&N on a few occasions. If you get it and its scratched or whatever they will send you a new copy out immediately, never had an issue.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 2:24:23 AM PST
J. Meadows says:
Thanks for the information! Bought it immediately after reading this. Unsure why Amazon charges so much for this, but can't afford their asking price.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 11:20:13 PM PST
Wow $99 that's a stupid price ex for a DVD glad I got mine when it first came out it was only $49

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 11:38:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 11, 2013 12:02:23 PM PDT
Mr. Orange says:
I came on here to say the same thing. I was able to get all new releases on DVD except Season 2. When I looked on websites (besides BN) I found it's extremely hard and the price of it is beyond what I want to pay for. I'm surprised they want to discontinue this season, considering how popular and in demand this season is. I do not want to buy from a third party that purposely charges customer $100. It's also odd that the other seasons are still fresh in stock by Amazon.

But hey, BN is getting my money, so whatever.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about