Why are there two black ink cartridges?
asked by S. Summerlin on November 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
votes
One of the black cartridges is a pigment-based ink for lower res text printing/copying. The other is dye-based like the color cartridges for higher quality, "business" documents. Hope this helps.
Cory A. Sekine-Pettite answered on November 11, 2012

A
vote
One is a dye base for text printing, and one is pigment base for graphics and photos.
T. Dahl answered on November 12, 2012

A
vote
I think if you watch the tank levels the bigger black tank is used for printing, however if you print a lot of pictures, you'll notice the smaller tank being used more. Printers use more black than anything.
D. Tigner answered on November 23, 2012

A
votes
I think one is for normal day to day printing. The other is for photos. However, I truly am not sure.
RockyMtfan answered on November 11, 2012

A
votes
I think one is used for when you print writing and the other is used in conjunction with the other colors when you print a photo.
Pamela J. Powell answered on November 11, 2012

A
votes
One is for black-only printing and the other is for darkening color printing
Jean Harvey answered on November 11, 2012

A
votes
It makes perfect sense to me. Even though the colors are beautiful and dress up anything you want to print, the black ink is still the workhorse for printing so unless you want to spend all your time changing the cartridges, they installed mostly black ink. And that is okay with me.
Margaret G. Oney answered on November 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

ARRAY(0x9979c39c)