Why did this sell out?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2010 10:39:25 AM PST
I didn't think it was going to be a big seller, but I can't find a copy anywhere. Did they just not print a lot of copies?

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 12:24:02 PM PST
Has anyone that ordered on Amazon received it yet? I don't think they got their first shipment in yet.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 12:24:48 PM PST
Because it is.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 3:33:49 PM PST
It says I should get mine on the 12th, but it has yet to even say 'Shipping soon'.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 4:43:13 PM PST
CookedXenon says:
I've noticed the 11/9 games for whatever reason have been a little tough to find online and amazon.com has never even had these in stock. I've yet to hear of one person who has gotten there game from http://amazon.com. Mine are still in the not yet shipped phase. I can't really answer it, I dunno whats up. I'm really not sure who to ask. Amazon will just give you a canned response that basically equals, they ran out and are working to get more as soon as possible. Sony put out launch day DLC for the The Fight: Lights Out so they did plan these games for 11/9. I really can't figure this one out. Nor can I tell if it is amazon or sonys fault.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 5:42:57 PM PST
Joe says:
You see, there's this extremely overrated Counter-Strike clone called Call of Duty 7 which was released on 11/9. Casual gamers (and some hardcore gamers who lack taste) buy CoD by the truckload. So, retailers basically ignored every other game released on 11/9 because they were so focused on making sure they had enough CoD in stock. I had to go to 5 different stores to find one with the Sly Collection and the four failures all insisted that the only game released this week was CoD.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 1:29:58 AM PST
Rocket Man says:
Amazon shipped my copy earlier. Should be here Friday.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 3:06:58 AM PST
MegaXtreme says:
I've been wondering what's been going on with this, as well. I have noticed on GameStop.com that some stores with 40 miles of me (yeah, not terribly close) have gotten it in. My local store refused to look in the backroom for it, citing that the Black Ops launch backed them up. What a load of garbage. Just because one game comes out this week doesn't mean the rest should be kicked to the curb. I thought retailers were obligated to carry these titles on the street date or as they get them in, not just come up with excuses as to why they can't sell you a copy. If this is the case, then Sony can't be happy about this.

Now my Walmart does have them on order. I'm hoping they'll arrive today so I can finally get a copy. I don't know if Sony just botched the launch or if retailers simply aren't putting it out for sale because of Black Ops, which is pretty stupid, regardless of the scale of the release. Before I got my promotion, I used to set up and stock the new release games and I rarely missed a title, and if I did, I went back and looked for it. No large scale release ever stopped me from being able to stock everything else.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 7:20:21 AM PST
Well now it's shipping soon. I got one day shipping, it came out on the 9th, but I get it on the 12th. This is BS, why did I pay an extra $10 then?! That's not 1 day Amazon! The only thing is that it's at least guaranteed unlike every Best Buy, Gamestop, and any store that sells games didn't bother to stock a single copy, but COD is all over their websites. I did pick up COD so it'll keep me busy in the meantime.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 7:54:29 AM PST
Heisenberg says:
My copy should arrive tomorrow. I guess the shipment was delayed or maybe they didn't have enough copies.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 8:30:07 AM PST
thalazy says:
I got an email saying my copy was available for pickup on 11.9 on 11/8. I went to the Best Buy Store and they said they didn't have it and didn't know when it would arrive. Yesterday I check BB.com and looked at the inventory and found a few stores near me had some in stock. I called to confirm they did and then called customer service and had my order switched to that store. I went there after work and they couldn't find it. I told them it was a new release and may be in back. After several people looking they found it. Guess it depends on the store but most probably still have them sitting in boxes in the back just waiting for people like me to harass them and make them find their copy of the title. I will say it's fun (I have never played them before) and all 3 are in stereoscopic 3D.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 12:45:38 PM PST
I swear to god I saw this available for 11/12 delivery like 2 minutes ago and then it switched back to "In stock on the 14th." In fact some of the pages tell me to order within the next 3 hours. weird

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 2:08:29 PM PST
Yeah I saw that too.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 2:19:34 PM PST
Mourad says:
yeah me too and then after like 3 hours it changed back to in stock in 14 Nov. weried ..

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 2:22:11 PM PST
I managed to find a copy at my local Frys electronics after noticing this bug with amazon, so I am really glad for that! Already have it in my hands and can't wait to play it!

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 5:23:13 PM PST
Dang it come on Amazon you have everything in stock this can't be out of stock till the 14th!

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 6:23:24 PM PST
Well it's being shipped, but I think I got screwed over by paying for one day shipping when I'm getting it at the speed of standard, but whatevs, this will be something to play between rounds of Black Ops.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 9:43:25 AM PST
Carlos says:
mine was just shipped out today.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 10:40:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2010 10:42:01 PM PST
twztid13 says:
hey Richard Hagen, just shoot customer service an email or phone call and they will refund the amount you paid for 1 day delivery. they are good about refunding money when they don't meet their commitments (aside from prime members. not sure if they get anything refunded. i think amazon will just switch the next delivery to another carrier).

mine hasn't shipped either, but i'm in no hurry. i've never played any of the sly games (i was an xbox fan), so i'm very happy to hear that this was a smart purchase and a great game.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 11:17:01 PM PST
Yeah I got this at 6:30 p.m. Jeez UPS you guys are freaking horrible. Who delivers so late?! It doesn't bother me anymore now that I'm playing, Amazon is a good company, I won't bother them about getting it 2 days before hand. I had Black Ops to keep me busy so it's all good. I still stand by my statement that UPS and the United States Postal Service suck ass. With them I had stuff that said it was out for delivery for two days, and they would just tell me that they were backed up with the five deliveries they had to make that day.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sly Collection - Playstation 3
The Sly Collection - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (322)