Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 6, 2009 2:02:27 AM PDT
Nikhil Sud says:
Disney is annoying. They've discontinued what is perhaps one of the best films across genres and across time. So if someone wants to acquire it today, they simply can't. It's surprising that a company consisting of such nuckleheads actually churned out this masterpiece.

Posted on May 9, 2009 11:07:12 AM PDT
The Lion King had been discontinued since 2005, all Platinum Editions are available for a Limited Time only and then they have a 7 year period in moratorium before been re-released again. So you can expect The Lion King again in 2012.

Posted on May 13, 2009 6:39:28 PM PDT
bluray high def

Posted on May 13, 2009 6:52:24 PM PDT
I think that in 2012 The Lion King will be also re-released in Blu-Ray High Def because all Platinums since Sleeping Beauty are been released like that: on DVD and Blu-Ray. If you want the DVD buy it in amazon marketplace.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 11:35:33 AM PDT
i'm pretty sure disney knows what's it's doing. it keeps demand for the products high by limiting the length of release time, thus it's able to charge more for it's product. it's a pretty successful business plan since disney has been in business for a while.

Posted on Jul 1, 2009 10:16:28 AM PDT
Suzann Pool says:
Being a long-time Disney movie collector, I don't understand why people have such a problem with the vault, for those of you who may not understand, when a movie is supposedly "discontinued" it is actually just in the vault; "Vault Disney." As a collector, it makes the movies more valuable and it also makes it much more exciting to collect them, as they are not all readily available to everyone and their dogs at any given time.

Posted on Sep 5, 2009 3:30:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2009 3:33:39 PM PDT
L. Humphrey says:
It may be good for collectors, but what about everyone else? Also, a lot has changed since Vault Disney was originally introduced. Putting a movie in the vault now only ensures that the Internet bootleggers make good money. (There are topics about bootleggers on this very forum.) Not everyone is aware of the vault and the fact that they won't be able to buy their favorite Disney movie for their children to see. I can't even rent it through my Blockbuster Online, as it was removed from my queue when Disney pulled it. Sorry, but there are some movies I'm going to want my kids to see while they are still kids...Disney is only forcing parents to pay a jacked-up price or bootleg the movie in order to accomplish this.

Maybe it worked for them in the 90s, but it's a terrible business model for the 21st century. You don't want my money, Disney? Then I'll download the movie for free. Thanks for nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2009 10:50:19 AM PDT
I hear you and agree with every point you made. Seven years is a long time. I have a 3 year old and got lucky buying a used Toy Story, the original, not the re-released *changed* anniversary edition. Sorry but--screw the vault. I'll take another chance and buy a used copy of the Lion King for my 3 year old, like you said-"while he's still young enough to enjoy it".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2009 9:50:47 AM PST
E. M. Segall says:
the lion king is going to be released in 2010.

Posted on Nov 20, 2009 11:11:05 AM PST
That's a lie. The Lion King is part of the new Diamond Collection but no word have been said about that release date. Next year Diamond titles are Fantasia, Fantasia 2000 and Beauty and the Beast. Do you have any proof that this release date is correct?

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 12:52:13 PM PST
Who cares? It's a movie.

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 7:54:15 AM PST
Jan Woodward says:
i agree! its a movie. enjoy it . let your kids and grandkids enjoy it. it wont last forever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2010 2:20:00 PM PDT
J. Sheer says:
yeah enjoy a bootleg unoffical disney movie buy it the day it comes out

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 4:40:38 PM PDT
compsciguy says:
I would also like to buy Disney movies anytime I want, but I do understand about the Vault concept. Disney is making trillions of dollars, and you ppl are the ones who should be buying them when they are released from the vault, and not waiting. Each year, put up some money just so you can buy movies when the vault is opened.
Now, how about Song of the South on DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2010 12:13:16 AM PDT
J. Sheer says:
Song of the South will never come out due to the "negativity tone towards african americans" Yes I know 1946 it was released. However, Due to todays time Disney doesnt want to make the gamble and release it. Uncle Remus was a "slave" that simple....

Also Disney does the vault to keep Generations upon Generations interested in their products...Its pure genious. Buy it the day it comes out. its that simple....Well look at the Blu ray beauty and the beast demand in Amazon.com thats why vault exists:D

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 3:46:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2011 3:47:18 PM PDT
While we are on the topic: Disney is annoying. I don't me to be troll. I have complained several times on many locations of Amazon about this topic. So, I would like to say it here again. WHERE IS?! Where is Ducktales, Volume 4 and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Volume 3, and will we ever see The Little Mermaid and Aladdin series on DVD?!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 5:12:37 AM PST
J. Beshansky says:
Oh and another thing to Disney, where is the second volume of Disney's Adventures of the Gummy Bears since there was a volume one released on November 16, 2006 with a season on each of the 3 discs? And an actual Goof Troop volume with more episodes than just a few and only releasing one volume. Another volume of Ducktales would be nice since I have all 3 volumes that Disney has released.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  May 6, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Lion King (Deluxe Collector's Edition) [VHS]
The Lion King (Deluxe Collector's Edition) [VHS] by Jonathan Taylor Thomas (VHS Tape - 1995)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (2,188)