Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Why does amazon ce get screwed...WTF amazon get off your ass

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2012 12:07:56 PM PST
Amazonz says:
regular edition on amazon 10$ + M55 argus assault rifle (60)

CE on amazon M55 argus assault rifle (80)

RE at gamestop :N7 Valkyrie Rifle,N7 Defender Armor,M55 Argus Assault Rifle (60)

CE at Game Stop : N7 Valkyrie Rifle,N7 Defender Armor,M55 Argus Assault Rifle (80)

Ok so amazon is cheaper by a few dollars due to no tax(for most of us at least) and free or 1 dollar shipping

However if i am ordering the collectors edition why would i not splurge the 5 for more stuff... i know it will suck but i obviously am buying to collect and get everything for a game i love... im already spending 80 why not give 5 more to game stop and get something more

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:53:50 PM PST
i allready ordered, so cant change now.
I like amazon, and i have histoy with game stop ( i hate them )
but i must tell you, the armor is really ugly, and for the rifle, well, i killed the reaper larva with the matock, and the matcok is in ME3...

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 3:13:11 PM PST
People make such a to-do about such small things. I want to play an amazing game, not play dress-up in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 4:57:55 PM PST
twztid13 says:
Happens on almost every release. It's not Amazon's fault, as they MAKE devs give them something unique on big games. The problem is EA. They think GS will advertise & sell more, so they give them better stuff (that's cut out of the game, or made specifically for this. Devs usually claim the former when they have brought it up).

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 8:43:29 PM PST
Amazonz says:
I know its not 100% amazon's fault with the no item, however i would point out i was referring to the CE not regular edition... amazon tends to give us promo money rather than paying for the exclusives... im ok with that but the CE got no promo , the reg got $10 which is acceptable. So its the CE with nothing at amazon or the CE with 2 free dlc items elsewhere which is why i was saying they need to step up the game; no one will buy a item thats exactly the same as another and priced the same if you get a free blank with item number 2 and nothing with number 1

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 9:24:02 PM PST
Modern Wolf says:
im just going to get the CE and be happy

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 2:24:49 AM PST
twztid13 says:
That's where you're wrong. People do buy the one's with nothing...over & over (even when they know, lol). Until that changes, nothing else will. I get what you're saying, and wish they were more competitive with the CE's (this is the 1st one I'm buying at full price). To me, It was like the reg ed is $30 cheaper, but if it comes with extra mission & character, that's $5-$10 that I would pay for if released for reg ed (though it may not be). The weapons & skins are ok, but the steelbook, patch & lithograph are really cool, and can get high bids/trades if I get desperate again.

I thought Amazon got the one gun, and GS got the silenced shotgun & the bulky armor...but noooo, GS gets the Amazon gun also. I hate that as much as you do, but I've seen comments on this for years, and it's still happening, so I don't see Amazon doing anything different. EA needs to recognize that Amazon sells just as well, but since they don't advertise on cable tv, EA doesn't feel they deserve the same as GS, who DOES advertise on cable tv (bragging about the special items you get from buying there), and EA doesn't have to spend a dime on tv commercials (all for some digital items they cut out of the game). Consumers are nowhere in this conversation between the companies, so of course we lose out.

Buying from GS would cost me ~$8 extra, and that's not worth it to me (even though I do want EVERYTHING, lol). I think it will be out in a dlc pack or something later like the Terminus weapon & armor were (which were also the best preorder bonuses for ME2). We'll see, I guess.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 9:26:15 PM PST
Amazonz says:
problem being the terminus armor and blackhole gun were never dlc unless i missed it, rather the Cerberus armor ect (which was what amazon and others got i believe ...) was dlc.

http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc

bioware ce stuff is never dlc
gamestop promo for ea are never dlc
everyone else promo will be dlc

another annoying fact of life

my main hope atm is someone like best buy or target gives a deal on the ce... in that case simply calling amazon or chating their help will get them to match the discount since i doubt they will add a discount on randomly now for as you said this isnt the first complaints we have had and they just dont care

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 8:36:30 AM PST
P. Artl says:
That is how Gamestop works. They offer zero discounts ever on new games, yet strongarm developers into something stupid like a special gun and people just eat it up, gladly paying full MSRP plus tax to get that pointless gun as opposed to buying somewhere with a $10 or $20 credit or a straight up cheaper price (like Newegg). So in effect they are paying $15-25 for a dlc gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 6:55:42 PM PST
twztid13 says:
Amazon was Inferno armor, and The Terminus stuff was Gamestop dlc & had nothing to do with a CE. The Cerberus armor was the online pass (before it was called that) stuff.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 10:34:43 AM PST
Amazonz says:
Inferno was later released as part of a dlc pack is what I Meant , inferno was made by Cerberus. According to in game lore

Inferno was released as part of 160 point or 4 $ dlc the equilizer pack

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 10:51:53 PM PST
twztid13 says:
I was clarifying since there is an actual armor called the "Cerberus Armor" that is not the Inferno Armor. Sucks cuz the Terminus armor & weapon were dlc on ps3, as was the Collector's armor (and was even free for a bit on psn). I like the 360 graphics far better, and it's sad that ME2 on ps3 was the ME3 engine, as it had so many framerate/screen tearing issues that were non-existent on 360 (and the 360 version flat out looks better on my hdtv, even though both have hdmi cables). I'm so worried that ME3 will be shorter than ME2. The last GOOD games Bioware were DA:Origins for pc & ME2. Let's hope the mp push doesn't have EA wanting ME to compete with AC. That would be wretched.

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 5:27:37 PM PST
MLP says:
Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard
70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team
Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork
Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch
Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork
A full collection of in-game content that can't be found anywhere else
N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol
Robotic Dog - A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy
Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack - New appearances for your favorite squad members
N7 Hoodie - For Commander Shepard's casual days on board the Normandy
Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack
Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your avatar
A collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks

It comes with all the official CE downloadable content, guns, outfits, etc.

Each retailer has their own little goodie they get, by giving millions of dollars to EA to have exclusivity of that content. It draws customers to them, it's marketing.

Moral of the story, buy from who you want for the price you want. Every collectors edition is the same. You get bonus stuff based on who you buy from.

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 5:35:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2012 5:37:55 PM PST
Amazonz says:
Yes, the argument being Amazon gives us money off instead of giving us gimics.However they never give money to ce editions. Meaning the regular edition gets money and both editions get stuff from others.

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 5:53:41 PM PST
1UP says:
What do you get from pre-ordering from bestbuy?

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 5:56:33 PM PST
Amazonz says:
Assault Riffel, everyone gets it, origin gets a shotgun too, gamestop get armor and some guns , Dr pepper will have stuff, stuff from ordering character statues, reckoning demo, ectect

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 5:58:57 PM PST
1UP says:
So pre-ordering from bestbuy don't get any exclusive bonus?

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 6:01:15 PM PST
Amazonz says:
Assault rifle that every preorder gets , that's it

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 6:38:14 PM PST
Scott Sloan says:
just happy that i pre-ordered the CE after i missed the boat on ME2. Everyone i knew got the CE and then didnt even play it. it was like just slapping me in the face. Wow you got it, and you have no idea where it is now, great!!!!!!! I would have killed for the CE for ME2. I'm very happy. It's a great series, and am sure it will be a great game.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 4:43:30 PM PST
V. Kaul says:
I prefer Amazon to Gamestop for a few reasons:
1) The game is delivered to my door on or near the day that it comes out.

2) I have more discounts with Amazon and as a result games are cheaper in the long run. In fact, Mass Effect 3 CE for the PS3 is costing me about $31.

3) Gamestop does not guarantee its pre-orders. Its first come, first served.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 4:59:05 PM PST
Z. Drexler says:
4) .99 cent release date delivery - yes thank you very much

Gamestop does what it can to mask how bs they truly are. They rip off people on a daily basis, and now, just because they offer a few extras, they are so much better than everyone else.

Also, thanks to Amazon, I will be getting the CE for 360 for $60

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 5:40:07 PM PST
Ryan says:
How are u getting it? Do they have more in stock?

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 5:33:51 PM PST
onan says:
I got screwed over by preordering the CE with Amazon before any of the promo DLC was shown, and at that point I couldn't switch my order over. I can't stand Gamestop's business practices anyway, so I just preordered a standard edition there too and will return it for a refund once they send me their Gamestop exclusive pre-order items code. If they can be shady by forcing companies to give them exclusive content, I can be shady too.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 11:32:30 AM PST
Quit whining. I preordered on Best buy. The CE is good enough. The Gamestop extras aren't that great anyway, just 1 armor and 1 gun. CE already includes 4 extra weapons.

Too bad for you! Woo!

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 6:10:25 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 24, 2012 11:35:24 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about