Customer Discussions > Omnitopia: East Wind forum

Why hasn't my book shipped yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2011 1:55:35 PM PDT
D. P. Strom says:
I pre-ordered this book in April, with 2-day shipping. The book came out on August 2. It is now August 7. Not only has the book not arrived yet, it hasn't even been shipped yet. The delivery estimate is through October 5. I expected to be able to read my book before school starts (in a few weeks).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2011 11:31:38 AM PDT
P. J. Evans says:
My vendor just told me it's been postponed indefinitely.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 6:53:15 PM PDT
MS says:
I was wondering why the Kindle edition said it wasn't coming out until December 31, 2025.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 9:34:24 PM PDT
Zachary says:
Does anyone know *why* exactly it's been postponed? I've been foaming at the mouth waiting for this thing...

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 6:03:26 AM PDT
Absolutely crazy! I loved the first one and had the original release date marked on my calendar. Apparently someone has a used copy of the hardback on Amazon for $316.19.

What the heck happened here ?!?

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 6:04:55 AM PDT
Absolutely crazy! I loved the first one and had the original release date marked on my calendar. Apparently someone has a used copy of the hardback on Amazon for $316.19.

What the heck happened here ?!?

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 4:01:30 PM PDT
Zachary says:
I'm pretty sure that the "used" copy is a scam of some sort.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 9:04:26 PM PDT
D. P. Strom says:
Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Diane Duane "Omnitopia: East Wind"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0756406765

We've cancelled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the product detail pages above to see if these items are available from other sellers.

What? I've been waiting for this book to come out for months, and NOW you tell me that you're having trouble getting it?

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 8:04:18 AM PDT
Zachary says:
This.... does not bode well. I really wish Duane would've posted something on her blog or summat about it...

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 6:36:24 PM PDT
D. P. Strom says:
same here. the website page for the book hasn't been changed either.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 3:49:29 PM PDT
Zachary says:
I found out what happened! Took emailing DAW books with a bluntly worded query along the lines of "... where's our book, people are going mad wondering".

Turns out? They still don't even have a full manuscript on it. All the book sites jumped the gun. No idea when it'll be out.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 6:53:13 PM PST
EMM says:
I have very strong suspicions that the current "ships within 6-8 days" is another red herring.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 7:08:23 PM PST
Zachary says:
That's because it's a pre-order atm. Once it comes out, then it would apparently ship within 6-8 days of that point. Still, unlikely that it's coming out soon, as the release date is still set as 2025

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 8:30:37 PM PST
EMM says:
I was sent a link today saying that it's available (again) and the listed release date is still August 2011. Not sure where you're seeing 2025. I saw elsewhere that it's got a late 2012 projected release date (August?). In any case: Amazon is trying to pull our legs (_again_).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 8:43:44 PM PST
Zachary says:
At "publisher" in the notes it reads "Daw, Dec 31, 2025"

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 12:55:56 AM PST
D. P. Strom says:
ANNOYING! I WANT MY BOOK!

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Diane Duane "Omnitopia: East Wind"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0756406765

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions