Why is this so expensive? I bought this 2 weeks ago on Amazon for 17.99.
asked by Mavis McGavis on December 18, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I've noticed that amazon has raised their prices too. We bought this item for $15 at target... But I also noticed that the FP amazing animals choo choo is $89 on amazon and its merely $20 in the stores or other sites. I gues the most popular toys are getting a price hike!
A. Lickliter answered on December 28, 2007
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Some prices have gone up. Some prices have gone down (see the threads about Amazon not offering price protection). Whether you're happy or not about it depends when you bought. I think there is a discussion for each group.

We're happy if a price goes up after we've bought it - we feel like we got a deal.
We're upset if a price goes up if we waited - we feel cheated.

We're upset if a price goes down after we've bought it - we feel cheated.
We're happy if a price goes down if we waited - we feel like we got a deal.
stinhoutx answered on December 12, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon.com has several sellers that use their site. Usually the overpriced toys are put up by sellers other than Amazon. There is a ball popper sold by Amazon that is $22 compared to the $50 this seller is trying to sell it for. Many people make the mistake of not searching or researching well and end up paying ridiculous items. That is why when I shop Amazon.com I only purchase from amazon, not the other sellers attributed to their site, unless of course it is reasonable and well priced, which only happens rarely in my experience.
New Momma to Isabelle answered on December 3, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There are some ways to filter, but I need to find a better way to just always have Amazon-only items. I find the rest to be clutter.
stinhoutx answered on December 3, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can click just Amazon.com as your seller in the filters on the left side when you are doing a search. Or, if you have Amazon Prime it really weeds out a lot of the crazy sellers, but not all unfortunately.
New Momma to Isabelle answered on December 3, 2009

A
Right - the Prime filters is losing its effectiveness as more stores take on the "Fulfilled by Amazon" service.
stinhoutx answered on December 3, 2009

A
I bought one at a consignment store for 5.50. In full working order, clean and not beat up. Check to see if there is a Once Upon a Child in your area. The store is awesome!
CMB 111106 answered on July 18, 2010

A
E-BAY HAS MANY FOR UNDER 10.00! I NOTICED CLOSER TO XMAS THE PRICES ON TOYS HERE TURNED IN TO HIGHWAY ROBBERY! INSANE!
R. Hersh answered on January 1, 2008
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Many new items on ebay are stolen. That's why the sellers can set prices so low.
J.M.L. answered on January 5, 2009
Comment | 1 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2007 9:57:24 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product