Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2011 5:40:27 PM PDT
W. Westphal says:
Why are you complaining? You have the Star Wars movies that you love, yes? I do. So they already exist. So why do you care if it's the same on Blue Ray? You don't have to buy them. I won't. I don't even have a Blue Ray. I mean, it is not as if much is changed. I imagine that the thing you hate most is the "NOOOO!" at the end of Jedi. Yeah, it's annoying, but is it really worth hating Lucas for? It's not as if he is changing the story. Most of it is still there.

You realize that Lucas is the one who made it all. So it disgusts me that some of you are hoping he'd die just for your movies, or that you are posting hate comments about him and other fans.

I read on one of the topics here that Star Wars brings out the worst in fans. There are many places where that is not true, but it does seem as if that can be said about this place. What is the point of boasting about being a Star Wars fan if it is so easy for you to hate the one who made it? Why not be more like the Harry Potter fans?

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 6:28:16 PM PDT
M. Kapsch says:
Not all of us hate Lucas and not all of us are hoping that he'll die for Star Wars. Yes, there are some extremists who have said and done some questionable things for our cause, but please don't stereotype the rest of us because of their immature behavior. Most of us are mild mannered and decent people. All we ask for is to see the movies we grew up with and loved when we were younger on a high quality home video format, ala Blu Ray. It's not a lot to ask for, and that's why it's so bothersome that Lucas refuses to release them.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 6:35:33 PM PDT
M. Kapsch says:
Also, speaking as a long time Harry Potter fan, there is much, much less to complain about in regards to the Harry Potter franchise as compared to the Star Wars franchise. Each and every one of the HP films was well made, and they have each received proper home video releases. It's true that we have not yet gotten extended cuts of all 8 films, but Warner Bros., being smart enough to realize that their is high demand for them, will very likely release an ultimate box set with extended cuts of all 8 films within the next couple years.
I cannot say the same thing about the Star Wars films and the way they have been handled by Lucas. His refusal to release the OTT is part of the reason why I wish the studios owned Star Wars.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2011 12:21:47 PM PDT
Yes. No question that the studios would show more respect toward this film series than Lucas has.

At least he hasn't done much to mess up his best film: American Graffiti.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 1:30:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2011 2:47:06 PM PDT
Ziggy says:
This seems like trolling. If you can't understand the point of view of the critics, nothing in this discussion would enlighten you. Those who curse Lucas' existence and wish death on him are in the minority, spewing childish venom because they can't control their emotions. There are plenty of sites devoted to responsible criticism such as originaltrilogy.com and savestarwars.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2011 1:35:26 PM PDT
The last Harry Potter film was a huge disappointment for me. The entire HP Saga rests on the question, "Who's wand is it?" Plus, Harry never comes across as a hero. He just does whatever Dumbledore planned for him. I am sorry, but the Star Wars saga wins by a long shot.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 4:03:48 PM PDT
M. Kapsch says:
The Harry Potter films are about much, much more than the Elder Wand and who it belongs to. They're about friendship, love, compassion, growing up, and the whole story is told in a fantastic magical world. There is a lot to love about the HP films; the heroes, the villains, the magic, the wonderfully told story. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Harry Potter and Star Wars are so different that it's difficult to fairly compare them. Personally, I love them both, but we all have different tastes so you can like whatever you want.

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 2:24:37 PM PDT
W. Westphal says:
M.Kapsch: I am pleased to hear it. I only scanned a few topics, but there seemed to be more posts with insults than those without. This is just a first judgement, I may have only seen the worst topics.
I am also a Harry Potter fan, and I agree that the quality is better. But complaining is not a problem, the problems are the insults.

Ziggy: You don't know what trolling is. Trolling is setting people up for your own amusement. The pov I don't see is the pov of the haters. I understand the complainers. I have lots of bad things to say about Star Wars as well, but I try to refrain from insults. Unless it is Fate of the Jedi.

Nick: I see you don't know what a hero is. Harry Potter is not a hero simpkly because he did what Dumbledore told him to do? How many people do you know that have the courage to do even a tenth of what Harry did? He risked his life from year one trying to bring down evil. It is shocking that anyone would think that he is not a hero. And the whole series did not hinge on who owned the Elder Wand. The Elder Wand was not even known of untill the seventh book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] by Mark Hamill (Blu-ray - 2011)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (3,113)