Customer Discussions > Doom 3 - BFG Edition forum

Why name it "Doom 3 BFG"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2012 1:33:38 PM PDT
PNeafsey says:
Why did they call it the "Doom 3 BFG"? Why not something like "Doom Ulitimate Collection". It contains all three games and add-ons, not just Doom 3. Would think it would attract more people since it'd pull in some older gamers who never played Doom 3. Psychologically the title would appeal to people as a better value as well.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 1:38:24 AM PDT
Clara Seeno says:
BFG= Big ****ing Game.

I think the name should be adjusted also, but since the important part of the bundle is the Doom 3 content, they are focusing on Doom 3.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 7:14:25 PM PDT
MY PRECIOUS says:
I wish Knights Of The Old Republic 1 & 2 for the original Xbox would get this special HD upgrade treatment.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 5:30:59 AM PDT
finally avalible for preorder!

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 2:30:43 PM PDT
kaosrogue says:
i think its the DOOM 3 BFG because Doom 3 is the only part that is being worked to improve the graphics and playabilty. Doom 1 and 2 are the same versions you can download right now.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:30:50 PM PDT
Wes Duncan says:
BFG was considered the best gun in Doom 1 & 2. So it is a play on words saying, this is the best and most complete of all Doom editions. I can only hope Doom2 will support online deathmatch play.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 7:22:13 AM PDT
Mr. RePlay says:
I can't wait! I already sold my Xbox versions of Doom 3 and Doom 3-Resurrection of Evil to get this version. Do anyone have any idea if there's going to be a Doom 4?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 5:26:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2012 5:36:00 PM PDT
MY PRECIOUS says:
Replay, if you don't mind me asking, how much were you able to get for the original Xbox versions of Doom 3 & Doom 3:ROE? Gamestop usually will offer me a $5 or less for original Xbox games, so i decided to hold onto my original Xbox collector's edition of Doom for nostalgic purposes.

The BGF edition is a great deal @ $40, i had no idea that it will include Doom 1 & Doom 2!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 5:36:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2012 5:46:23 PM PDT
Mr. RePlay says:
I got $12.50 for my Collector's Edition of Doom 3 and $13 for ROE. Did you know that Doom 1 and 2 was on both Doom 3 CE and on ROE? It's my understanding that the 360 version will have both the original Doom 1 and 2, as well as an enhanced version of Doom 3 with new levels AND Doom 3:ROE. Because of that is why I finally sold my Xbox versions. I stop doing business with Game Stop a loooong time ago. I'm soo excited! I wish they bring on DOOM 4!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 5:44:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 23, 2012 5:44:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 5:55:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2012 6:06:21 PM PDT
MY PRECIOUS says:
I had no idea Doom 1 & 2 will be released on the BFG edition, thank you for the information. Other than achievements & trophies, I wonder how different the BFG iterations of DOOM 1 & 2 will be, compared to the original Xbox versions that were included on the Doom 3:CE or Doom3:ROE discs?

I concur, i can't wait for DOOM 4!!! But imho, i think it will be a next generation console release......................... I think it would be a pc release first, but i'm not a pc gamer, so i hope the wait will not be long.

One of the best versions of Doom i've played was Doom64 on the Nintendo 64, the graphics were great for its time, i wonder if some of those levels will ever be released on the consoles? There was a particular techno nightclub level that i remember................oh the good old days, lol.

The Doom games were some of the only games that truly frightened me, i hope that a proper movie version will be made and stick to the hell theme.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 6:47:42 AM PDT
Seme-kun says:
Does anyone know of the online/system link co-op will be back in this one? It was on the original Doom 3, and i haven't seen anything on whether it's back or not...wish it would have split-screen too, but I understand why it never did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 8:29:12 AM PDT
Mr. RePlay says:
I agree with you completely. Doom 64 was among the best of the Doom games and they, along with Silent Hill (the earlier games) scared me as well. I still remember playing Doom 3 while my younger brother watched and both of us jumping like little schoolgirls! I think you may be right with Doom 4 coming for the next gen systems, but I hope not. And I also agree with you that they should reboot the Doom movie and stick with the Hell theme. I was really disappointed in the Doom movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 8:30:24 AM PDT
Mr. RePlay says:
I'm sure it will.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2012 3:45:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2012 3:50:44 PM PDT
MY PRECIOUS says:
Here is a little news concerning Doom 4

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/51.html

I agree about Silent Hill, that game was a classic. I'm looking forward to the movie sequel coming out later this year, i thought they did a superb job with the first movie and really nailed the creepiness and horror of the games and i thought it was a good movie overall, not just for a video game movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 12:36:12 AM PDT
Mr. RePlay says:
There's a sequel coming! Awesome! I own the first movie and, although I didn't like that they changed the main character to a female, I really thought the movie captured the creepiness of the games. I truly agree with you. I do remember reading about that little tidbit of Doom info that you provided via the link in your post some time ago, but I forgot it since then. We can only wait and see.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 6:41:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 7:29:46 PM PDT
MY PRECIOUS says:
Here is the trailer to SH:revelations, the trailer just came out this weekend i think. I just hope they don't go overboard with the 3d and make it into an action-fest instead of concentrating on the story............like Resident Evil:Afterlife, which i enjoyed as mindless entertainment, but Silent Hill to me is more of a cerebral experience.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/28/theatrical-trailer-for-silent-hill-revelation-3d-makes-the-film-look-a-bit-promising/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 6:30:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 6:33:47 PM PDT
Mr. RePlay says:
Yes!!! My Precious, I like your gaming style and your movie taste! You and I have a lot in common in this area! I'm can't help but watch the Resident Evil movies even though they are just giving me more of the same. But Silent Hill, on the other hand, is AN EXPERIENCE. My Precious, I would love for you to be my friend on my business Facebook page, facebook.com/replayonline4u. Also I would love to pick your brain further in talking more about video games and movies, my favorite subjects. You can email me also at replaygamesanddvd@yahoo.com. I have a site that I'm revamping to re-launch in the fall, but I'm kind of getting the selling experience here on Amazon. By the way, I saw the trailer both from your link and from another site called Movies.com. I posted the link on my RePlay Online Facebook page and gave you props for letting me know about it. I don't have many friends on RePlay Online's page, although I sent out about 90 invites. However, I'm sure as time goes on and I put more work into it, the word will get out there.

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 7:38:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2012 7:51:07 PM PDT
MY PRECIOUS says:
Thank you for the facebook and email information, i don't frequent facebook that often, but i will visit when i can and i look forward to discussing games and movies. Thank you for giving me props for the link, i didn't do anything to deserve it but thank you anyway, lol. I've never heard of Movies.com, i got it confused with another website i like called Movieweb.com. Movies.com is a my new favorite site for movies, much better then Movieweb imho.

I also read an article in regards to Doom 4 and John Carmack stated "it will be done when it's done" lol, which might turn into a Duke Nukem Forever type off fiasco....let's hope not and they are using the extra dev time to really tweak and perfect the game so the final product turns out to be amazing.

Here is a great trailer for the Doom 3 Lost Mission, it looks fantastic!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/02/doom-3-bfg-edition-the-lost-mission-trailer

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 7:20:32 AM PDT
Mr. RePlay says:
Yes! I just heard about the development of Doom 4 after watching the trailer link you provided. I hope they are taking advantage of this extra time as well to make this game truly amazing.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 6:53:18 PM PDT
J4A72 says:
I believe there was a missile launcher in the game that as called the "BFG" aka big f'ing gun lol hence they carried over for the HD version. One of the best PC games ever. That first level still freaks me out when the fit hits the shan

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 10:43:32 AM PDT
NGuyadeen says:
Have none of you seen the Movie??? its named BFG as in the movie their was this super weapon that's a hybrid and sooo powerful it can blow the scum away and make hugh holes in this

Doom 3 Big Force Gun Edition

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 7:09:43 AM PDT
BFG has meaning for those of us who played Doom back in the day,I think its appropiate.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 11:23:21 PM PDT
YES!!!!!!!!

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:21:19 AM PDT
How does anyone not know it means "big f***ing gun"
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doom 3 - BFG Edition
Doom 3 - BFG Edition by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (191)