Customer Discussions > Super Smash Bros. Brawl forum

Why no player's choice version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2011 11:11:10 PM PDT
T. Holodnick says:
Shouldn't this game be a $20 player's choice already?

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 4:29:30 AM PST
Derek says:
I totally agree. I would scoop this up for $20. Nintendo looses on potential customers by refusing to come down on some of their games.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 7:57:37 AM PST
C. Charlton says:
Nintendo did this the same thing last gen with their first party Gamecube games, and part of the reason I didn't even bother getting a Wii. Their first party games, which are probably the only ones I'm interested in, almost never come down or even as a Player's Choice it's more expensive than the other ones.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 3:47:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2011 3:52:46 PM PST
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy, both first-party titles, are now $20 each as Nintendo Select titles; hopefully, we will eventually see Super Smash Bros. Brawl and New Super Mario Bros. Wii join the line-up.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 7:09:58 PM PDT
SB Bro says:
This game won't come down in price cuz it's pretty much the game to get for the system, definitely one of their bestsellers. It's totally worth the full price though, there's so much to do and it's extremely fun. Nintendo doesn't loose potential customers cuz people know this game is a must-have so they get it. If you want it for less, buy used. If it didn't sell so well or they released a new one on the same system then the price would come down. Don't be upset cuz its its a few dollars above $20, its not like it's a necessity.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 11:29:20 AM PDT
C. Jackson says:
"Nintendo doesn't loose potential customers cuz people know this game is a must-have so they get it."

Okay, but then you say...

" If you want it for less, buy used."

You do realize that, by buying used, Nintendo receives no income on the sale? They have technically lost business, contrary to what you just said.

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:07:00 AM PDT
Looks like it's becoming a Nintendo Selects finally, but with a $30 price tag instead of $20 like most.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/14/pikmin-2-mario-power-tennis-on-us-wii-june-10-dkc-returns-and/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2011
Latest post:  May 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Brawl by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,197)